RECOMMENDED FILM SCREENING, and it’s FREE

  • mountain482@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008

      .

      Last night, we saw a screening of a brilliant documentary about the 2004 election. There’s only ONE opportunity left to see it in L.A., and that’s this Sunday evening.

      +

      It includes music by MANY acclaimed L.A.-based musicians (far more than we knew when we posted it in the Acoustic Americana Music Guide; it’s updated, below). Last night’s screening was co-sponsored by the PCC Young Democrats and Young Republicans. The central issues of the film are the cultural and political divides in America - as relevant, or more so, now as they were then. We encourage you to go!

      +

      Sun, Nov 2:

      7:30 pm free screening of “DIVIDED WE STAND,” with soundtrack music by KENNY EDWARDS, WRECK ’N SOW, JANET KLEIN & HER PARLOR BOYS, ROSS ALTMAN, and DALE LaDUKE & GREG KREUGER, at the Akbar Screening Room, 4356 Sunset Bl (at Fountain), L.A. 90029. This folksy road trip documentary (78 mins) explores the country's political and cultural divide on the cusp of the 2004 presidential election. "Divided We Stand" was broadcast nationally earlier this year on the Dish Network and has played in several film festivals. The doc's Emmy-winning filmmakers, TOM DREW & MIKE BLOECHER, will be in attendance for a discussion of the film, and politics in general, after the screening. View the film's trailer (and / or purchase it on the SNAG FILMS window) at www.indiepixfilms.com/film/2186.

      +

      The filmmakers say, “Given the current political season, ‘Divided We Stand’ is particularly timely, and if you have any interest in politics, you should find this doc especially entertaining. Please forward this invite to other politically-minded friends and associates.” This is the final free screening of the film.

      .

      .

      - Larry Wines, programmer-producer-host, "Tied to the Tracks" acoustic Americana radio and television, syndicated from Los Angeles, with live in-studio performance-interviews, included in "The Best of L.A. 2006" radio lineup by Los Angeles Magazine; editor, "Acoustic Americana Music Guide & News" at http://acousticamericana.blogspot.com and additional “TttT” news at  www.myspace.com/laacoustic; consultant to artists, musicians, songwriters, festivals, and the music biz; feature writer for FolkWorks (www.folkworks.org).

      .

      PS - No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a substantial number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

      .

      .

      Save on Criminal Lawyer Services. Click Now!