Hi, more info on Aha! imagination center in Santa Cruz wilderness...

  • theinfoline@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2005
      Hi, Here is more information on the mountain artists and visionaries facility that Artists Helping Artists (Aha!) is looking to obtain and how humanitarians and imaginaries can live there and be part of it.

      We may move in as early as Dec 1, or if not that then Jan 1, We are right now working on nailing the location down so we have it.  IF YOU JUMP OUT OF YOUR SKIN AT THIS IDEA, AND YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LIVING AT THE LOCATION AND RECEIVING MORE DETAILS PLEASE LET US KNOW AT TheInfoLine@... AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

      1) the site (if we get it) is in a magnificent portion of the Santa Cruz mountains.   It is somewhere between Big Basin Redwoods State Park and Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park.   There are pines, redwoods, and wildlife right there at the facility and surrounding areas.   Santa Cruz is about 20 miles.... San Jose airport is about 50 miles.

      2) we are really looking for highly creative imaginaries and visionaries and those who see the value of bringing such individuals together to live and create.  We have a lot of people wanting to come...

      3) the facility is on an Acre of land and the downstairs portion of it has a gallery which the 7 to 10 artists living there will highlight / show their fine
      art works or other creative projects, visions, etc.   that's a benefit from living on the site.   The site itself was built in 1990 and has heat, warm showers, amenities, Internet, etc.  Dec and Jan receive the most rain.  Springs and Falls are delightful ... summers well get very warm.  There is green everywhere in Northern California mountains.

      4) other artists and visionaries who cannot live at the site (many have other committments, family, etc.) will be able to visit at our open houses, conferences, etc. that we will be doing regularly.  Some will be able to come and spend a week retreat there, enjoy the beauty and the company of other visionaries who have awesome projects, organizations, etc.

      5) the monthly cost for a regular room at the facility is $600 and then $120 for utilities and computer hook-up in your room.  We also have a deluxe package that includes a room and additional office space outside of your room and other benefits for $900 and $140 utilities.

      6) Those living at the community will save money on meals by having community buffets and pooling monies towards healthy foods with veggie options... They will also save by each person doing different chores (one cooking, one helps keep the place neat, one helps with errands to town, etc.)  So you don't have to do everything like when a person lives on his / her own sometimes does.

      7) artists have their own creative days and evenings to work on their own projects and as much solitude as they need for writing... creating, etc.  And they also have various collaborative potentials  and exchanges living amongst other visionaries.

      8) those who are now lining up to move include fine artists, music people, writers, people running their own projects, healers, and multi-talented people of various spiritual backgrounds.. etc. Most of the interest and those looking to come are from persons 35 to 60 years old...

      SO PLEASE PLEASE LET US KNOW AT TheInfoLine@... AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, IF YOU HEART ALIGNS TO THIS VISION AND YOU WANT TO BE AROUND THOSE WHO ARE HIGHLY CREATIVE AND ACTIVE SPIRITS.

      More info on the vision of the center is found at http://www.artistshelpingartists.org/community.htm

      More info on Artists Helping Artists (Aha!) is at  www.ArtistsHelpingArtists.org