Kulak's Woodshed Museletter for the week of 12/6 - 12/12/04....

  • Paul Kulak
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2004

      Greetings from

      Museletter for the week of 12/6 - 12/12/04

      Please remember,...
      As of 7/04 the City of Los Angeles has ordered us to temporarily convert to a "Private Membership Club".
      Until further notice, you must be a member to enter the Woodshed.

      If you plan on visiting please click here www.kulakswoodshed.com/MembershipOnlineSignup.shtml

      The L.A.P.D. vice unit will not allow us to sign anyone up at the door.
      They have told us that everyone must become a member 24 hours in advance or they will close us down !!!

      My apologies. Please help us work through this most difficult of times for the Woodshed.

      Thank You
      PK

      Every Monday
      7:30 - 10:30pm

      Open Mic Night with host Kiki Wow

      Singer/Songwriter Open Mic hosted by Kiki Wow. www.kikiwow.com "The Best Open Mic in the Valley" is how most people accurately describe the very popular Monday Night Open Mic Showcase hosted by the wild and crazy, Kiki Wow. Not only can your family and friends watch you from anywhere in the world via the 5 camera live webcast, but its where musicians gather to collaborate and create a grass roots scene which Kiki best describes as "Woodstock In A Coffeehouse." If you're looking for something much different from the L.A. scene, come over and experience our living room. If you're itchin' to perform at the Woodshed, come on down. Sign ups begin at 7pm.

      Tuesday closed

      Wednesday closed

      Thursday closed

      Friday 12/10/04
      8:00 - 10:00pm
      Merrily Weeber and Friends
      with guest performers Michael Mishaw, Dan Roten and MORE  !!!

      Saturday 12/11/04
      8:00 - 10:00pm

      Rescued Animal Adoption Night with Host Tom Hubbard

      Performers include Julie Chadwick, Severin Browne, James Coberly Smith and James Hurley

      Every Sunday
      6:00 - 9:30 PM
      The Performance Workshop !!!

      Beginning November 14, 2004, Kulaks Woodshed will be hosting a weekly performance workshop, which will greatly enhance the level of singer-songwriters who take part. Marc Platt (rotn60@...) and Kiki Wow (Kiki.Whitman@...) will host. The cost is $20.00 per week which includes a VHS video tape of your performance, with all proceeds going to Kulaks Woodshed to help it stay open in these very difficult times. We will limit each week’s workshop to 20 performers.

      The workshop will begin at 6:00 PM and run until around 9:30 PM each Sunday night. The first half of the night will consist of a two-song performance, a break and then a host and group critique.

      The results should be very positive for each performer, as they progress week-to-week. This workshop is designed for all types and levels of performers. It will be handled in a professional and positive manner and everyone should benefit from the constructive analysis.

      For the latest updates check the Calendar online. Come on down to support the musicians and the Woodshed. There's NO COVER CHARGE! But if you can't make it down, we broadcast every show over the Internet from 8:00PM til 10:00ish LIVE on your computer! We gratefully accept donations of any denomination to help keep the bills paid and the music flowing.

      We're located at 5230-1/2 Laurel Canyon Blvd, North Hollywood, just north of Magnolia and the 101 Freeway. Our phone number is 818-766-9913