Songsalive! CD Sampler 6 deadline JUNE 1

  • Warrior Girl Music
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2003

       SONGSALIVE! CD SAMPLER 6

      * * For Immediate Release * *

      Los Angeles: SONGSALIVE! ACCEPTING SAMPLER SUBMISSIONS. Songsalive!, the non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and promoting songwriters worldwide, is accepting submissions for consideration for inclusion in the next (No. 6) CD Sampler. The last 5 samplers have been overwhelmingly successful with songwriters signing publishing deals, placing songs in film and tv, and with signed artists. It's all about the songwriter, so all genres of music are accepted, from pop, jazz to grunge and also including instrumentals. This year we are offering 5 tiered scholarships to be part of the Sampler. Details below. Deadline is June 1, 2003 (postmarked).

      ABOUT THE SONGSALIVE! CD SAMPLER 6

      Promote your songs to the world’s music markets…

      Songsalive! has opened bookings for their next CD SAMPLER released to coincide with the world’s major music conferences, POPKOMM, Germany, MIDEM, France, Independent Music Conference, Philadelphia, The Songsalive! Expo 04, and other key trade shows and our exclusive music industry list.

      The Songsalive! Cd Sampler series is the cost effective and exclusive medium for you to reach the music industry worldwide, reaching the hands of publishers, record companies, music festivals, trade shows, artists, producers, radio, press and managers.

      It’s all about the songwriter and the song… This Sampler showcases SONGWRITERS. By placing a song or even two on our Cd Sampler, your music gets heard by a huge network of music industry people waiting for "that next hit song." Your contacts are on the cover, so you get the call direct, you own the copyright and Songsalive! does not take commission nor share of publishing, i.e., any interested party wanting to find out more about the song placed, or the writer, will be able to contact them direct without going through Songsalive! You also get free Songsalive! membership for one year and free promotion on our Songsalive! web site as well as on our mp3 site  (see the Songsalive! website at http://www.songsalive.org) where all tracks from the Cd Sampler will be listed.

       A unique way to pitch, license or get radio airplay of your music worldwide…

      An international non-profit organization dedicated to the support and promotion of songwriters, Songsalive! releases, one Sampler a year and also offers an amazing
      network of opportunities for songwriters to get their music out to the world.

       Successfully pitch to film & tv programs, music publishers, A&R, artists…

      Our CD Samplers have been successful for the last 6 years since we began, and our songwriter-artists have had an enormous amount of interest, signed deals, and increased business, through our Cd Samplers. Some music industry reps who have gained invaluable working relationships through our Samplers include: Choicetracks Los Angeles, Goodnight Kiss Music, Los Angeles, Peermusic Sydney, Pen Music Group Hollywood, Hello Mr Wilson Publishing Sydney, Pacifica Records Sydney, Songlink U.K, Fidof California, Revolution Records Sydney, TheOrchard.com New York, Chaosmusic.com Sydney, Music Bridges California, Willow Connection Australia, Australian Music Week Melbourne, Disney Channel, CBS Network, Telemundo Network Latin America, TAXI, Songcatalog.com, and many artists, publisher, producers, labels and managers.

      It’s all about the songwriter and the song…

      HOW TO APPLY:

      SUBMIT* VIA MAIL (postmarked by June 1) to:

      Worldwide applicants:
      Songsalive! CD Sampler
      14941 Clark Street
      Sherman Oaks CA 91411 U.S.A

      Australians only: Send to
      Songsalive! CD Sampler
      PO Box 396,
      St Leonards 1590 NSW Australia

       WHAT TO SUBMIT:

      (a) Contact details:

      FEATURED SONGWRITER /ARTIST___________________________________________

      URL bio of artist or attached on one page: __________________________________

      Email:___________________________________________________

      Street / P.O. Box / Apt. #:_____________________________________________

      City, State, Zip, Country:______________________________________________

      Who referred you?_________________________________________________

      Code (only write if you know)__________

      (b) The package: a) master quality CD or CDr - indicating 3 best songs (we will let you know which one is to be included if you are accepted), to the address above. Songsalive! makes the final decision on which song will be on the Sampler, with approval by artist. Cds are not returned.

      (c) Application – Applications are necessary, but you may choose not to complete and send the application at this time but please ensure you have read the conditions at http://www.songsalive.org go SAMPLERS. Scholarships available.

      Songsalive!, founded in Sydney, 1997, acts as an epicenter, a heart, of the international songwriting community and music markets, bridging the gaps, tapping songwriters into the pulse of the business and at the same time giving them and their music the support they deserve. Through Songsalive!, songs and songwriters can be accessed by the whole world and when the hunt is on, Songsalive! is a one-stop song shop! Songsalive! gives life to songs, provides opportunities for collaboration, creates awareness, promotes and educates through an amazing network of programs: live events; songwriter workshops, songleads and industry pitches; cd samplers; education seminars; artist development; studio production; informational source. On-line,

      Songsalive! is the source for great resources for songwriters and acts as a vehicle for discussion, promotion and retail for our members and their music. Songsalive! is open for membership to all music lovers. Support Songsalive! and help energize the business of songwriting. Visit our website www.songsalive.org today.

      Application at http://www.songsalive.org go Samplers or contact us at losangeles@... for an application form!

      Songsalive!
      Supporting and promoting songwriters worldwide
      www.songsalive.org
      p: 310-238-0359  e: losangeles@...
      p. 02-9294-2415 e: sydney@...