Auditions for local retro-variety showcase

  • Jessica Sciullo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003

      I am a Somerville artist that runs a small burlesque & vaudeville troupe. We are currently holding auditions for a weekly retro-variety show at a local club on Sunday nights.  We are looking for a pool of talent to be part of our rotating cast.

      We are hoping to find performers with vaudevillian, circus/sideshow talent, comedians, magicians, ….anybody with a good-ole fashioned variety act.  We are also looking for dancers to join our sassy chorus line (no talent, or prior experience needed, just some enthusiasm & a sense of humor)

      OPEN CALL- AUDITIONS

      When: Wednesday, August 13th from 7:30pm-9:30pm

      Where: at the Dance Complex  located at 536 Mass Ave in Cambridge.

      Local burlesque troupe is seeking interested &

      talented people for a retro-variety show Sunday nights at a local club.

      Singers, contortionists, acrobats, puppeteers, &/or any other unusual acts wanted!

      Also looking for chorus-line guys & gals.  (Do not need professional dance experience!)

      Please bring a finished, choreographed routine & full

      costume and/or videotape of past performance(s). We

      are interested in creativity & originality, and we are

      willing to help you develop your ideas.....BUT YOU

      MUST HAVE IDEAS! If you do not have an act ready, we

      encourage you to stop by anyway, so we can talk about future shows, plans, etc.

      Men, women, hermaphrodites, singers, dancers, magicians....EVERYONE is encouraged to attend.

      For more information please email throughthekeyhole@... or call 508-797-3595