Call for Massachusetts Artists - Deadline: October, 19, 2012

  • Barbara Lucas
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2012

      NourishArt – Call for Artists

      Theme: “Illuminating Images”

      Deadline for submissions: Friday, October 19, 2012.

      To: Massachusetts Artists

      We are seeking original artwork: prints, paintings, or drawings (no photography) for a themed exhibit "Illuminating Images".  As we enter a season of decreasing daylight, we are asking for art that represents what we want to shine a light on …what gives us hope, makes our heart sing, or provides comfort in dark moments.  The exhibit will run for four months - from November 1, 2012 through February 28, 2013.

      Accepted works will be exhibited at nourish restaurant in Lexington, MA. Owners of nourish are particularly supportive of the arts and are lending their walls to Massachusetts' artists. The restaurant also hosts an artist reception during the exhibition and publicizes the exhibit on their website. The anticipated time and date for the “Illuminating Images” reception is Tuesday, November 13, 6 – 7:30 pm.

      No commission is taken on sales and multiple pieces have sold during our previous exhibits. We do encourage all participating artists to donate 10% of the price of sold works to their local food pantry.

      Submissions will be juried by three local artists: B. Glee Lucas, Deborah Read-Belguendouz and Gillian Ross.

      If you are interested in submitting work, please do the following by October 19, 2012:

      ·      Provide up to three (3) digital images saved in jpg format at 300 dpi, 1200 pixels on the widest dimension.

      ·      Once images are sized properly, the image file should be “saved as” using your last name, first initial, the number 1, 2 or 3 and size of the finished piece – Height by width.
      Example: Smith_K_1_10x8.jpg   Please note that artwork, including the frame, must not exceed a height of 36" or a width of 48". Smaller is fine.

      ·      Include a text or Word file with your biography, address, phone# and/or e-mail address as you would like it to appear in the Artist Book maintained at nourish.

      Please e-mail the images and information to nourishart@....

      Deadline for submissions: midnight on Friday, October 19, 2012.

      If your work is accepted, you will be notified by email by Sunday, October 21 and will receive information about where and when to deliver your work on October 31st or November 1st.

      All accepted work submitted for exhibition must be ready to hang. No clip frames or sawtooth hangars, please.

      Questions?: nourishart@...

      B. Glee Lucas
      bgleelucas@...

    • Pbockelman
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hello Photographers!

      Every year, my workplace - the Massachusetts Municipal Association - sponsors a calendar contest. We select a dozen photographs and publish them in a calendar that then gets distributed to about 6,000 municipal officials.

      We would like your photos! We won't pay you, but we will give you a bunch of nice calendars to share with your friends and family. And, of course, you will earn undying fame!

      Learn more by opening the attachment or go to this site:

      www.mma.org/about-mma-mainmenu-62/mma-news/6999-mma-launches-10th-annual-mma-statewide-photo-contest

      Paul

      Paul Bockelman