3 MIDSUMMER SINGS FOR WOMEN in July...Plus private voice lessons, astrology readings, ensemble coachings, workshops

  • Susan Robbins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2012
      THREE MIDSUMMER SINGS for WOMEN!

      Plus. . .
      PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS & ASTROLOGY READINGS,
      ENSEMBLE COACHINGS AND WORKSHOPS
      with SUSAN ROBBINS
      Founder and Artistic Director of Libana (www.libana.com)
      and Director of Third Life Studio in Somerville (www.thirdlifestudio.com).

      Inline image 1

      Singing in community is a powerful source of joy, celebration,
      and ritual for people around the world. The expressive and
      metaphorical process of creating unison and harmony while joining
      your voice with others is a powerful way to release stress, uplift
      the soul, transcend the challenges we face in our daily lives, and
      energize our beings.

      We will create a powerful unison sound and mesmerizing harmonies through
      the singing of rounds, chants, and part music. All songs will be taught
      by ear, so sight-reading ability is not necessary. Come experience the artful
      creation of group sound and spirit! What follows are the possible contexts...

      THE OVERVIEW (All details are below):

      1) THREE MIDSUMMER SINGS for WOMEN:
           Sing #1 date: Tuesday, July 17
           Sing #2 date: Thursday, July 26
           Sing #3 date: Tuesday, July 31

      2) ADVANCE DATES for FALL ART OF GROUP SINGING CLASS for WOMEN
          6 Tuesday evenings, September 11 through October 23 (no class on September 25, Yom Kippur)

      3) PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS or ASTROLOGICAL READINGS

      4) ENSEMBLE COACHINGS and COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS

      5) BIO and REGISTRATION INFORMATION

      Please share this email with friends who want to sing.

      I hope to sing together this summer!
      Sue

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      1) THREE MIDSUMMER SINGS for WOMEN:

      For those of you who regularly take my Art of Group Singing classes,
      these workshops/community sings provide a fun opportunity to sing
      again during the summer months in the (air-conditioned!) circle! For
      those of you who have been interested in possibly taking one of my
      class sessions during the year, this is an opportunity to come and explore
      the experience of creating music and raising your voice in a circle of
      wonderful women! For those of you who just want to come... come!!!

           Sing #1 date: Tuesday, July 17
           Sing #2 date: Thursday, July 26
           Sing #3 date: Tuesday, July 31

      Time: 7-9:15 pm
      Cost: $30 each evening (or send registration and payment for two or more
               in advance and pay $25 for each evening)
      Where: Third Life Studio, Union Square, Somerville, MA
                    www.thirdlifestudio.com
       (Yes, it is air-conditioned)
      Girls 12 and older who love to sing are welcome!

      Come to one or as many as you want! Different music will be taught at each evening.
      Pre-registration required; further details provided upon registration.
      Registration information at the bottom of this email.

      2) THE ART OF GROUP SINGING FOR WOMEN FALL CLASS SESSION:

      SAVE THE DATES!
      6 Tuesday evenings, September 11 through October 23 (no class on September 25, Yom Kippur)
      7-9:15pm
      Cost: $180
      Where: Third Life Studio, Union Square, Somerville, MA
                    www.thirdlifestudio.com

      Come join the Circle!!!
      Pre-registration required; further details provided upon registration.
      Registration information at the bottom of this email.

      3) PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS or ASTROLOGICAL READINGS!

      Private Voice Lessons:
      Exploring your voice is a deeply personal, transformative and joyous journey.
      Over the 35 years that I have been working with hundreds of singers across
      the full expanse of musical genre and experience level, I have developed a
      varied, eclectic approach to helping those who love to sing experience their fully
      empowered expressive self through a relaxed and open instrument. Together
      we create an individualized process that integrates mindful kinesthetic and breath
      awareness, technical understanding, exploring the spectrum of vocal colors,
      active listening, emotional and energetic presence, and the release of blocks or
      fears that are restricting a free, heart-motivated expression of our full selves
      through an open channel.

      Astrological Readings:
      The ancient symbolic language of astrology offers us deep insight into our souls's
      evolutionary journey through life, the themes and challenges we are meant to
      encounter and grow with, and the gifts that we are meant to bring to humanity
      as we walk our path. It is crucial, at this tumultuous and revolutionary
      time of change and great possibility, that we each reorient towards our highest
      purpose and truest self, and endorse the change we need to create in our own life
      in order to live in full connection and shine our brightest light to our challenged world
      and planet. The symbols in your individual birth chart, and how they are being
      energized by current planetary movement, help us awaken, activate, and illuminate
      the fertile inner landscape of our ever-developing self and its unique place in the world.

      5) ENSEMBLE COACHINGS AND COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS

      Existing Ensemble Coachings:
      If your existing vocal ensemble needs an infusion of inspiration, guidance,
      vocal technique, or new repertoire, please contact me to arrange a one-time coaching
      or a series.

      Singing Ourselves Home
      A Workshop with Susan Robbins and Marytha Paffrath of Libana

      We are happy to come to your community and offer this popular workshop!
      Throughout time and across all cultures women have gathered to sing, to celebrate
      and give expression to the intricate cycles of their lives and the world around them.
      Recent years have seen a powerful resurgence and renaissance of community
      singing and ongoing song circles.  As we create a musical community, we will
      interweave body and mind relaxation and breathing techniques with vocal and listening
      skills.  As a group, we will experience the power of unison singing, the exhilaration
      of harmony, and the profound spirit of collectively created sound and rhythm.  We will
      learn rounds, songs, and chants from around the world.  We will dance, laugh, share
      silence and a sense of musical wonder, rekindling the transcendent joy inherent in
      making music together.  Women new to the exploration of their voices as well as
      seasoned singers are all warmly welcomed to join Susan and Marytha for the lively,
      humor-filled, grounded guidance for which they are renowned from coast to coast.

      Available for just women or for a mixed group; available in a half-day, whole day or weekend format.

      For more information on coachings, workshops, or readings,
      please email Susan Robbins at srlibana@...

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      Susan Robbins is the Founder and Artistic Director of Libana, an internationally

      renowned women's world music ensemble and intentional creative community
      soon to begin its 34th performance season (www.libana.com). In February of 2011,
      Libana spent three weeks performing and teaching in North India (read about
      their amazing journey at http://journals.worldnomads.com/libana/). She has taught
      voice privately for over 35 years and leads singing workshops throughout North
      America. With Marytha Paffrath (also of Libana), she has co-facilitated weekend
      workshops at Rowe Camp and Conference Center and the Kripalu Center for Yoga
      and Health (both in Western MA), and presented at National Music Educator
      Conferences and Music and Healing Conferences nationwide. In the summer of 2011,
      she was a guest faculty member at the Tuscany Project, an 11-day vocal intensive in

      Singing has always been at the core of her spiritual path. She brings to her teaching
      a deeply rooted sense of compassion, an eclectic musical experience, a heartfelt
      belief in the transformative, healing power of music, and a hefty love of laughter.

      Class and workshop participants say:

      "It was such a nourishing, soul-enriching experience to sit in your Summer Solstice
      women's singing circle. I can think of no place on Earth I would rather have been.
      My cells are still tingling with the glow of the wonderful energy we created and
      you so gently and joyfully facilitated."

      "Thank you again for the wonderful music and your deep wisdom you
      have given to me. It is such a gift and I am forever grateful that I had
      the chance to be part of your circle."

       "You brought us all to a very wonderful space. Thank you. I hope I never
      leave the wonder that is opened in me when I walk with you musically.
      Thank you for being so generous. It opens up so many possibilities in us
      all."

       "For now, and forever, thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing
      your wholehearted way."

      "We both gained a great deal and are so appreciative of you, your music,
      your teaching style, and your unique ability to help us produce joyful
      sound without strain and judgment. You are such an amazing role model
      of how the human being is an instrument for producing sound in so many
      different modalities. Thank you so much for giving me the gifts of your
      teaching and sharing."
       ___________________________________

      REGISTRATION INFORMATION:

      TO REGISTER:

      1) Please email a response indicating your intention to register, and what
      sing/workshop(s) you would like to register for! If you are registering for the
      Midsummer Sings, PLEASE SPECIFY DATE/S you want to come.

      2) ALSO fill out the registration form found at the bottom of this email and
      return at your earliest convenience with the appropriate workshop
      fee or deposit to hold your place in the circle!  Please make
      checks payable to Susan Robbins (not Libana) and mail to:

      Susan Robbins, Libana, Inc., P.O.Box 400530, Cambridge, MA 02140
      For more information email srlibana@...

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      REGISTRATION FORM:

      PLEASE REGISTER ME FOR (check all events for which you are registering):

      1) SUMMER SINGS FOR WOMEN:
           Enclosed is $30 for one sing, $25 EACH for two or more.
           Payment must be received in advance for the lower price.

           DATE #1 (Tues. July 17 ): _____________________

           DATE #2 (Thurs. July 26):  _____________________

           DATE #3 (Tues. July 31):  ______________________

      2) THE ART OF GROUP SINGING for WOMEN FALL CLASS SESSION:  ___________________

           $30 non-refundable deposit enclosed, or payment in full.