Two More Summer Sings for Women in August w/Susan Robbins, Libana's Artistic Director

  • Susan Robbins
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009
      Both of July's MIDsummer Sings were such energizing and
      enlivening evenings--lets sing again this August! Different
      music will be taught than in July, and different music will be
      taught at each of the August evenings. So, come to one or
      both and bring a friend!

      A LATESUMMER SING!

      Two different evening singing workshops for women with
      Susan Robbins, Founder and Artistic Director of Libana
      (www.libana.com) and Director of Third Life Studio in

      Please forward to friends who might want to sing
      (and apologies if you get this email more than once!)

      SING #1 date: Thursday, August 13th, 2009
      SING #2 date: Tuesday, August 18th, 2009

      Time: 7-9:15 pm
      Cost: $25 each evening
      Where: Third Life Studio, Union Square, Somerville, MA
                  www.thirdlifestudio.com (Yes, it is air-conditioned)
      (Girls 12 and older who love to sing are welcome!)

      Pre-registration required; further details provided upon registration.

      Singing in community is a powerful source of joy, celebration,
      and ritual for women around the world. The expressive and
      metaphorical process of creating unison and harmony while joining
      your voice with others is a powerful way to release stress, uplift
      the soul, transcend the challenges we face in our daily lives, and
      energize our beings.

      For those of you who regularly take my Art of Group Singing classes,
      these workshops provide a fun opportunity to sing again during the height
      of summer in the (air-conditioned!) circle! For those of you who have been
      interested in possibly taking one of my class sessions during the year,
      this is an opportunity to come and explore the experience of creating
      music and raising your voice in a circle of wonderful women!

      We will create a powerful unison sound and mesmerizing harmonies through
      the singing of rounds, chants, and part music. All songs will be taught by ear,
      so sight-reading ability is not necessary. Come experience the artful
      creation of group sound and spirit!

      Come to one or come to both! Different music will be taught both evenings.

      TO REGISTER:

      1) Please email a response with your intention to take one or
      both workshops. PLEASE SPECIFY DATE/S you want to come!

      2) ALSO fill out the registration form found at the bottom of this email
      and return at your earliest convenience with the $25 per workshop
      fee to hold your place in the circle!  Please make checks payable to
      Susan Robbins (not Libana) and mail to:

      Susan Robbins, Libana, Inc., P.O.Box 400530, Cambridge, MA 02140
      For more information email srlibana@...

      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      Susan Robbins is the Founder and Artistic Director of Libana, an
      internationally renowned women's world music ensemble and
      intentional creative community soon to begin its 30th
      performance season (www.libana.com).  She has taught voice
      privately for over 30 years and leads singing workshops throughout
      North America. With Marytha Paffrath (also of Libana), she has
      co-facilitated weekend workshops at Rowe Camp and Conference Center
      and the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health (both in Western MA).

      She brings to her teaching a deeply rooted sense of compassion, an
      eclectic musical experience, a heartfelt belief in the transformative,
      healing power of music and a hefty love of laughter.

      Class and workshop participants say:

      “Thank you again for the wonderful music and your deep wisdom you

      have given to me. It is such a gift and I am forever grateful that I had

      the chance to be part of your circle.”

      “You brought us all to a very wonderful space. Thank you. I hope I never

      leave the wonder that is opened in me when I walk with you musically.

      Thank you for being so generous. It opens up so many possibilities in us all.”

      “For now, and forever, thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing

      your wholehearted way.”

      “Dare I say Susan is a joy and a miracle worker, no matter what level

      you start out at?!”

      “We both gained a great deal and are so appreciative of you, your music,

      your teaching style, and your unique ability to help us produce joyful

      sound without strain and judgment. You are such an amazing role model

      of how the human being is an instrument for producing sound in so many

      different modalities. Thank you so much for giving me the gifts of your

      teaching and sharing.”
      ___________________________________

      Please register me for one or both LATESUMMER SINGS for WOMEN!

      ($25 fee per evening enclosed)

      DATE #1 (Thurs. August 13th): _____________________

      DATE #2 (Tues. August 18th):  _____________________

      Susan Robbins