Somerville Arts Council - ongoing events

  • tkd0713@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7 1:14 PM
      We are in the final days of some of these events, if you haven't
      checked them out yet - here's your chance:

      October 19 - December 10
      What: Looking Forward Looking Black: examining race, representation
      and the contested cultural constructions of identity and Shouts from
      the Wall: Posters and Photographs from the Spanish Civil War (1936 -
      Where: Tufts University Gallery, Aidekman Arts Center, Medford MA
      When: gallery hours Wed-Sat: noon-8, and Sun: noon-5
      Info: 617-627-3518 - www.tufts.edu/as/gallery

      November 9 - December 8
      What: BOOKED! Arrested Development: An exhibition of books by Roland
      Smart (Director of Gallery Bershad) & DAVYDe., two Boston area
      artists who turned to book-format works in order to examine patterns
      of behaviour which have arrested their development.
      Where: The Photographic Resource Center @ Boston University: 602
      Commonwealth Ave, Boston
      When:Tues - Sun 12-5pm, Thursdays 12-8pm (free Thurs. evenings)
      Info: 617 353-0700 or visit www.bu.edu/prc

      November 12 - December 22
      What: Build, a new exhibit demonstrating how our lives are formed and
      framed by the built environment. The exhibit brings together the work
      of five Somerville artists whose painting, drawings, sculptures, and
      prints clarify our relationship to the spaces we live in.
      Where: Somerville Museum, One Westwood Road, Somerville
      When: Opening Reception Sunday, November 12 from 2-5pm, Museum Hours
      Thursday 2-7pm, Friday 2-5pm, and Saturday 12-5pm
      Info: 617-666-9810

      November 17 - January 5, 2001
      exhibition of 25 Acrylic Paintings by Somerville Artist Iris Michelle
      Where: Hynes Convention Center, South Rotunda Gallery
      When: Grand Reception: December 1, 2000 @ 7:30 p.m. (hors d'oeuvres,
      drinks and featuring singer/songwriters Anna Huckabee-Tull and Keina
      Cost: Free
      Info: Call (617) 629-0856

      December 2000
      What: "00.1" :abstract tile by brett rhyne - art at SCAT
      Where: SCAT 90 union square somerville ma 02144
      When: hours F S 10-6 M 4.30-10 T-Th 10-10
      Info: somerville community access tv 617.625.6898

      December 2000
      What: Exibition of pastel drawings by Somerville artist Linda Cardinal
      Where: Corners Gallery/Frame Shop in the Design Center, South Boston
      Sal Sannizzario's Hair Salon, Newbury Street Boston

      December 1 - 10
      What: Holiday Open Studio & Pottery Sale: an exhibition and sale of
      functional and sculptural clay by 51 Mudflat artists, faculty and
      students: including a Pottery Raffle to benefit Mudflat's scholarship
      Where: Mudflat Studios, 149 Broadway, Somerville
      When: Fri. Dec. 1st 6pm-10pm, Sat & Sun Dec 2-3rd & 9-10th 10am-6pm,
      Mon-Fri Dec. 4-8th 10am-9pm
      Info: 617-628-0589 - Winter Classes begin Jan. 7th, registration
      begins Nov. 30

      December 1 - 18
      What: Small Good Works, an exhibition and sale of small works by more
      than 30 Brickbottom artists to benefit a scholarship fund for
      Somerville High School's fine arts program
      Where: Brickbottom Gallery, 1 Fitchburg St
      When: Thu & Fri, 4 - 8 PM; Sat & Sun noon - 4 PM
      Info: 776-3410 or visit www.brickbottomartists.com

      December 4 - thru December
      What: Pastel Still Lifes by Somerville artist Charles J. McCarthy
      Where: Somerville Library Gallery, 79 Highland Ave. Somerville
      Info: 617-623-5000