The return of First Sunday at WSAC

  • Lee Kilpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      This weekend, First Sunday returns after a hiatus!

      7:30 PM, Sunday, November 3

      Headlining the show will be Little Rabbit. You may have seen them
      earlier this year at Davis Square's ArtBeat, but if not, this
      four-piece plays old-timey music. If you've seen "O Brother Where
      Art Thou?", you know what I mean; though they really don't sound
      like either Gillian Welch or Allison Krauss, both would approve. The
      band features Eric Royer of the Resophonics, and of his own one-man
      band; he played at WSAC a while ago with Sean Staples & they rocked
      (or bluegrassed?) the house. If you're a First Sunday veteran, you
      probably have also caught Willie Bernstein on one of their many
      appearances; Little Rabbit features Willie's Tim Baldanzi, as well.

      Opening the show is Matt Henry, who played at First Sunday at the
      beginning of the year. Well-known in his native Virginia, and a
      favorite of Colin Powell, he is just starting to catch on here in the
      clubs & alleyways. His sensitive acoustic indie-rock is sure to
      leave you with nary a dry eye and crying for more.

      If you'd like, you can check out the controversial full-color flyer
      here; it's about 1.1M in size, so you have plenty of time to steel
      yourself:

      http://www.orangeshirt.org:8080/~leekil/temp/wsac/nov3-flyer2-web.pdf

      First Sunday takes place, as always, at the Washington Street Art
      Center. We are located at 321 Washington Street in Somerville. For
      directions, your best bet is to check out
      www.kickball.com/wsac/map.html or call (617) 623-5315 if you must.
      We have plenty of parking, are on major bus routes, and are walking
      distance from Harvard Square. Our music events are nominally free,
      though we always appreciate a $5 donation if you can afford it.
      Besides the delicious music, we have delicious drinks & cookies as
      well.

      Lee

      P.S. I hope to see you there, and mark these dates down on your
      calendar, too, for our upcoming events:

      Dec. 1 -- First Sunday. Silent movies, and live music by The
      Operators, Choo Choo La Rouge, and So & So.

      Dec. 8 -- Holiday Crafts Fair at WSAC. Pick up delightful gifts made
      by local artists & craftspeople.

      also
      Dec. 8 -- "Second Sunday"? Fundraiser, featuring the music of Jody
      Blackwell, and other performers.