Intro to Acting starts Monday in Davis Square

  • Amanda Good
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008

      If you are interested or have questions, please email:  etcactingclass@...

      Have you ever wanted to……

      Take an acting class?

      Brush up on your acting skills?

      Feel more comfortable speaking in front of a group?

      Jump-start your imagination?

      Here’s your chance!

      Amanda Good Hennessey will be offering INTRO TO ACTING this March in Davis Square, Somerville. PRIVATE COACHING is also available.

      INTRO TO ACTING:

      WHEN:  Monday evenings, 7:15-9:45pm, 5 classes: March 3-31st
      WHERE:  at the Essayons Theatre Company studio on Davis Square

      (Davis Square is accessible by the Red Line)

      COST:  the fee for five classes is $150.
      (a $30 nonrefundable deposit is due before classes start)

      We will improvise, analyze text and explore characters, monologues and scenes.

      If you are interested or have questions, please email:  etcactingclass@...

      PRIVATE COACHING

      Do you need help preparing a monologue, or bringing a monologue to the next level?  Are there certain blocks in your creative work that you want to break through?  Amanda Good Hennessey can meet with you privately to ensure that you feel confident and prepared.

      WHEN:  At a mutually agreeable time

      WHERE: at the Essayons Theatre Company studio in Davis Square

      (Davis Square is accessible by the Red Line)

      COST:  $60 per hour.  The first session must be paid for in advance of meeting.

      INTERESTED?

      If you are interested or have any questions, please email etcactingclass@...

      Here’s what several students had to say about their experiences:

      On my part, I absolutely loved the class.  I learned so much, and it really affected, in a good way, my life outside of class, too.  Thank you for everything.

      I just wanted to write and tell you that I go SOOOOO much out of your class….by the end I learned a lot about the craft and myself and had a blast doing it.

      …Last performance this weekend…thanks again for giving me the confidence to get up there…

      Your class was a great experience.  A terrific introduction and opportunity to advance.  Thank you for the individual attention, the access to exceptional resources and the wonderful material.

      Lots of fun!  Lots of individual attention and guidance.  I took the class mostly to learn to communicate better.  It was helpful and effective, and lots of fun as well.  Amanda creates an encouraging, unpressured environment that gives students the confidence to enjoy the challenge.

      What several students had to say about PRIVATE COACHING:

      Amanda creates a supportive, open, and compassionate environment to rehearse in. After only a few sessions with Amanda, I found that my outlook on auditioning and monologues changed drastically. She helped me to choose pieces that complimented my strengths and then introduced me to new ways of thinking about monologues that were joyful, challenging and creative!

      ..it went....Very Well!  I made it to the Final audition and have 4 schools interested in me.  I would say it was a success!  Thanks again for your help and encouragement!

      Amanda not only fine tuned my monologues, but she also gave me the confidence to go with it.  She made sure every aspect of my audition pieces were where they needed to be.  She was exact and as a result my audition was exact.  She is a joy to work with, both easy going and fun, but an hour with her and your pieces take on a new life!

      Thanks so much for meeting with me .... I feel like my monologues took a huge step forward and I feel so confident in them.

      Amanda’s warmth and openness immediately made me feel at ease.  I hate auditioning and was very fearful of it.  With Amanda’s support and skill at bringing out the best in characterization, I have felt more poised and confident about auditioning.  A recent audition went well for me as a result of her coaching.  I felt prepared and I know it would never have gone as well as it did without her help.  Thanks Amanda!

      Working with Amanda is "work," yes, but it is also a lot of fun.  She is someone I know I can turn to when I need guidance or just someone to listen and help point me in the right direction when I need it.  All of this has helped me make better choices and decisions in my career, and thus has helped me to become a better performer.  Thank you, Amanda.

      Amanda is an awesome teacher for the beginning actor or for the seasoned actor.  She tangibly improves your acting abilities and does not waste your time.  She also creates a very laid-back, friendly environment.  She is definitely a diamond in the rough among acting teachers in the Boston area!!!

      ABOUT THE TEACHER

      Amanda Good Hennessey received her MFA in Acting from the Actors Studio Drama School in NYC.  Amanda has performed on stage, in films, industrials and commercials.  She most recently performed in the critically acclaimed production of THE KENTUCKY CYCLE, produced by Zeitgeist Stage and Way Theatre Artists.  Other recent productions include Company One's MR. MARMALADE, [sic] at the Devanaughn, SpeakEasy’s production of THE WOMEN, (recipient of 5 IRNE awards including Best Ensemble and Best Production), and THE SISTERS ROSENSWEIG (understudy for the role of Pfeni) at The Huntington.  Amanda also appears in THE CHILD KING, a feature film that premiered in the Los Angeles International Children’s Film Festival and won the Feature Films for Families Award, Best Feature, 2007 Kids First! Film Festival.  She teaches acting at the Huntington Theatre Company and Boston University.