film/video opportunity

  • solias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 1999
      CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

      Short and Edgy

      A screening sponsored by
      Women in Film and Video New England

      "Short and Edgy" will be a one evening screening of film and video
      shorts by women and girls. It will be a showcase for pieces not
      intended to fit standards genres such as documentary or fiction. We are
      open to submissions from both emerging and established filmmakers as
      well as visual and performance artists who work with film or video. We
      are seeking works which represent a broad range of styles and subject
      matter.

      The screening will feature approximately 5 pieces. We will ask the
      filmmakers to present their works in person at the event.

      Pieces should be no longer than 15 minutes. They can be in any film or
      video format; however, entries must be submitted on a VHS tape. If a
      piece is selected, we will attempt to show it in its original format,
      but will resort to VHS if necessary. We are also accepting CD roms,
      video sculptures, and web-based formats which include video.

      Entries must be submitted by Friday December 3rd. Mail entries to:
      Irena Fayngld, 23 Evergreen St., Apt. #1, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130.
      Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped bubble envelope if you would
      like your tape to be returned to you. Please note that this is not a
      contest, and NO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED. The event is sponsored by Women
      in Film and Video New England, and will take place in Boston in March
      2000.

      If you have any questions, please call Irena at 617-983-0039 or
      Catherine at 617-983-0089.