Re: Starting point

  • Be polite, ask.
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3 4:50 PM
      OK, so I just happened to notice a copy of Secrets of Magical Grimoires
      on a shelf in my local haunt of a occult shop. I Read the whole thing
      on the spot and had to buy it. I am so glad that someone took the time
      to break down the infamous grimoires we all love.
      I must say well done to Aaron, I have only gotten to the use of
      Solomons books. I love the chapters on making the differnt tools of the
      trade for Evocation, I mean, it took me nearly a year to get all my
      gear down for the Grimoire of Turiel and I have been using that
      regularly for the past 18 months.

      This is a must have for those interested in Evocation, and the perfect
      starting point for starting along with a few good grimoires.
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5 4:23 AM
        Hey thanks for the Kudos! :) I'm glad you stumbled across the book
        and found it valuable. :):)

        Now if you *really* read that entire book on the spot I'll be truly
        impressed! lol

        --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Be polite, ask." <insom_13@...> wrote:

        > OK, so I just happened to notice a copy of Secrets of Magical Grimoires
        > on a shelf in my local haunt of a occult shop. I Read the whole thing
        > on the spot and had to buy it. I am so glad that someone took the time
        > to break down the infamous grimoires we all love.
        > I must say well done to Aaron, I have only gotten to the use of
        > Solomons books. I love the chapters on making the differnt tools of the
        > trade for Evocation, I mean, it took me nearly a year to get all my
        > gear down for the Grimoire of Turiel and I have been using that
        > regularly for the past 18 months.
        >
        > This is a must have for those interested in Evocation, and the perfect
        > starting point for starting along with a few good grimoires.

      • David
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5 6:56 AM
          Hmmm, went to a 'spirit fayre' to have a 'guide' drawing done. Quite nice
          actually. The deal was a drawing by one lady and a 15min channeling of the
          guide by another lady.

          Long story short..... lo an behold this 'guide' mentions Aaron Leitch, asks
          have I read his work....... so I jot the name down....
          on the way out, I see a copy of Secrets of Magical Grimoires on one of the
          vendors tables,

          I was stunned by such immediate stuff, it usually takes at least a day to
          manifest!

          Since then, Aaron, I have read most of your essays and find your arrangement
          of things orderly, and sensible.
          My studies of the art have been to date haphazard and touching on all sorts
          of things.....I never quite make progress in an orderly fashion.

          Incidentally, in the making of alloys, there's a chap I know, Dr John
          Milewaski, he does advanced material stuff. He has a mini kiln that will
          allow you to melt metals in a microwave. I have one, it works a treat for
          small amounts of metals. contact jvmilewski@..., he also does
          interesting things with crystals and light.

          David

          Hey thanks for the Kudos! :) I'm glad you stumbled across the book
          and found it valuable. :):)

          Now if you *really* read that entire book on the spot I'll be truly
          impressed! lol

          --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Be polite, ask." <insom_13@...> wrote:

          > OK, so I just happened to notice a copy of Secrets of Magical Grimoires
          > on a shelf in my local haunt of a occult shop. I Read the whole thing
          > on the spot and had to buy it. I am so glad that someone took the time
          > to break down the infamous grimoires we all love.
          > I must say well done to Aaron, I have only gotten to the use of
          > Solomons books. I love the chapters on making the differnt tools of the
          > trade for Evocation, I mean, it took me nearly a year to get all my
          > gear down for the Grimoire of Turiel and I have been using that
          > regularly for the past 18 months.
          >
          > This is a must have for those interested in Evocation, and the perfect
          > starting point for starting along with a few good grimoires.

        • jen
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 8 5:20 AM
            --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "rosriel" <rosriel@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I am developing a beginners curriculum for myself. The situation is
            > that I have no experience in evocation and I do not have a general
            > idea on where to start. I had recently purchased these books (or found
            > in PDF form): The New Hermetics by Jason Augustus Newcomb, Secrets of
            > the Magickal Grimoires by Aaron Leitch, Ceremonial Magick: The Power
            > of Evocation by Joseph C. Lisiewski, and Grimorium Verum by Joseph H.
            > Peterson, Initiation into Hermetics + The Practice of Magical
            > Evocation by Franz Bardon. I not sure if I will head towards the right
            > direction with these books. Any Opinions or advice?

            I found that there was a great deal of trial and error involved in
            learning the art of evocation. As far as reading goes I read bout
            everything I can find but I'm selective about what I put into
            practice. For example I find secrets of evocation to be way too
            dogmatic for me. Grimoire Vernum I find more useful. Aaron's book I
            also find useful too. Reading is the first step then you find the
            tools and techniques through trial and error that work best for you.

            I learned each system I wanted to use thoroghly as I could and
            practiced it then use what I found to work well and discarded the
            things that I found not useful. These things usually were items in a
            ritual I found distracting. I found for example that a full length
            sword was quite impractical for the space I generally use. whats more
            I found it too heavy for me. solution? I went back to an 8 inch which
            seems to have followed me through the hell and high water of the past.

            Take your time with this. There is a western impulsiveness that we
            tend to want everything now. Your in this for the long haul so don't
            burn out. Keep a balance in your life. I'm a nurse so my work is very
            draining both physically and emotionally. I have to be sure I'm
            adequately rested before I tackle new material, and outside work I
            lead a very quiet simple life that conducive to this kind of work.

            As you start working with spirits one will probably stand out to you
            and that spirit can help you learn this material. So allow that
            relationship to happen.

            Well its hard to put all this into a neat easy to understand and short
            enough not to be boring so thats my story I'm sticking to it :-)

          • rosriel
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 9 6:00 PM
              Thank you youinominandum and Jen for your advice, the common mistake I
              keep running into is the mistake of trying to do everything at once,
              and also analyzing everything to deeply to a point that I actually end
              up doing nothing. I am very much eager to perform an evocation, to
              explore and learn from the angels, spirits, and demons. I just can't
              shake the feeling that there is a prerequisite. Something that is
              needed to be done before one is to be ready to work with these beings.
              I will head the advice past given , and by no means stop giving it
              (for i will need as much as I can get). I just hope I am not overdoing
              the analysis thing. :/

              P.S. I am in the meanwhile doing some exercises (Meditations, self
              analysis, etc)
            • Scarlet Magdalene
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 10 8:47 PM
                I read it in two spots, only because I had to get some sleep. :) But it's a
                great read.

                -sm

                On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Aaron <kheph777@...> wrote:

                > Hey thanks for the Kudos! :) I'm glad you stumbled across the book
                > and found it valuable. :):)
                >
                > Now if you *really* read that entire book on the spot I'll be truly
                > impressed! lol
                >
                > LVX
                > Aaron
                >
                > --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Be polite, ask." <insom_13@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > OK, so I just happened to notice a copy of Secrets of Magical Grimoires
                > > on a shelf in my local haunt of a occult shop. I Read the whole thing
                > > on the spot and had to buy it. I am so glad that someone took the time
                > > to break down the infamous grimoires we all love.
                > > I must say well done to Aaron, I have only gotten to the use of
                > > Solomons books. I love the chapters on making the differnt tools of the
                > > trade for Evocation, I mean, it took me nearly a year to get all my
                > > gear down for the Grimoire of Turiel and I have been using that
                > > regularly for the past 18 months.
                > >
                > > This is a must have for those interested in Evocation, and the perfect
                > > starting point for starting along with a few good grimoires.

                "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." Marcus
                Aurelius
                ~
                http://scarletmagdalen.livejournal.com
                ~
                "For I am the first and the last.
                I am the honored one and the scorned one.
                I am the whore and the holy one.
                I am the wife and the virgin." - The Thunder, Perfect Mind
                ~
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Great_Work