Re: Very interesting site

  • MOLOCH
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
      >I was fairly annoyed to see this kind of vulgar display in order to
      "prove" magickal workings.<

      Vulgar Display???

      >This person is very confused in deed to think that working against
      the stated order of powers concerning goetic entities as well as laws
      of correspondences, would actually favorably result in the destruction
      of a life for selfish vain reasons. Perhaps a more likely and
      measurable outcome would be achieved without the aid of a spirit but
      with a weapon of his own.<

      Tell that to any number of the 50+ million adherents to the African
      Traditional Religions who invoke any of the Orisha/LWA to punish if
      not kill someone they have issues with.

      Personally, I do not buy into the notion that we have 'power over'
      these NPE's anymore than any of us have power over our elected
      leaders. You summon, you ask, and you wait. IF the result does not
      occur, then so be it. As the country singer says, "Thank God for
      unanswered prayers".

      >This guy is another who by their own stupidity, brings confusion and
      disdain to all the truely measurable magickal workings so sensitively
      worked and achieved by many.<

      Every path in life has its own Lunatic Fringe. Judaism has it; Islam
      has it; Wicca has it; Xianity has it; Thelema has it; ATR's have it;
      just live with it. This guy does not represent any of us who practice
      anymore than Konstantinos or Lisiewski does.

      It's only his opinion. Period.

      Believe me, I got a little ticked off when that shitty Sheeple
      publisher put out that McWiccan book and labeled it 'Sorcery' a few
      years ago. Ugh. BUT...what can you do? Nada. You just let folks know
      your opinion about his work when asked and leave it at that. *shrugs*

      Warmest Regards,
      Moloch
    • Travis Shores
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
        Thanks for the insights Moloch,

        Yeah I get a bit miffed at the NEED for some to do any huge spectacle in order to gain some esteem or worth from a community or society at large...I know I know, many others do this same thing for a millon different reasons. That doesn't mean I think it has any real validity to the nature of Magickal arts.

        I have witnessed and engaged in juju workings in West Africa first hand. I knew and worked with both your garden variety healer for the village as well as ones that work with "servant" entities. There were known cults that performed rites involving human sacrifice and limbing. And let me tell you, they pay a huge price for what they do. It is not a mere matter of ask and recieve if the spirit wishes. In some cases it is a severe unleashing of raw spirit act that results in sometimes devestating consequenses for the practitioner or immediate family. In some cases for the entire community. I've often theorized that it may link to the levels of poverty and dispar so rampant among practitioners of these arts which there are LOTS of.

        Perhaps ... but not to blanket a group by the workings of the individual. I did witness much in the line of very provable, very real magick that served to heal and better others. It is a shame to for me anyway to think that the way in which one NEEDS to prove the reality of magick is to kill someone else. I think that is a fairly easy and needlessly vulgar thing to chalk magick up to. There is (as you well know of course) much more to the workings than a spectacle of (what would be explained away as happenstance) such limited and narrow sight. This black and white approach to "proving" is already by itself a limited perspective in the larger sense of such sensitive operations.  (I am probably preaching to the choir).

        Anyway, again, I think that (with a shrug :-) it was a stupid thing to do. You are right: it doesn't represent what the rest of us do.

        Best to you and Happy New Year
        Travis

        Recent Activity

         5
        New MembersVisit Your Group

        Search Ads
        Get new customers.
        List your web site
        in Yahoo! Search.

        Yahoo! Groups
        Special K ChallengeJoin others who
        are losing pounds.

        Yahoo! Groups
        Going Green Zone
        Learn to go green.
        Save energy. Save the planet.
        .

      • MOLOCH
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
          >That doesn't mean I think it has any real validity to the nature of
          Magickal arts.<

          Now you're moving from discussing Magic to discussing Philosoophy and
          while the two are not mutually exclusive, the fact is that one is a
          practice while the other is about opinon.

          >And let me tell you, they pay a huge price for what they do.<

          That does not surprise me.

          >It is not a mere matter of ask and recieve if the spirit wishes. In
          some cases it is a severe unleashing of raw spirit act that results in
          sometimes devestating consequenses for the practitioner or immediate
          family.<

          Well there are spirits and there are SPIRITS. Just like there people
          who have culture & refinement who can get a problem solved and then
          there are hotheads who grab their loaded guns who shoot first and ask
          questions later. What the Human world can be is mirrored in the world
          of Spirits as well.

          >It is a shame to for me anyway to think that the way in which one
          NEEDS to prove the reality of magick is to kill someone else.<

          Dr. Larry Dossey discusses this in his book, "Be Careful What You Pray
          For (Becuase You Just May Get It!)" but it is the nature of
          intellectuals to challenge assertions that are unprovable under normal
          circumstances.

          I was once challenged by a 'skeptic' (actually a common variety
          debunker) who I told to let me cut a lock of his hair off and I'd
          summon a few things to 'pay him a visit'. The little loud mouth hemmed
          and hawed and blustered bit je refused to give me his hair. Such are
          the ways of a coward.

          >There is (as you well know of course) much more to the workings than
          a spectacle of (what would be explained away as happenstance) such
          limited and narrow sight.<

          Agreed and this is how I explain it to such cowards like the loud
          mouth debunker: 'Magic, like electricity, takes the path of least
          resistance' and often its consequences appear as everyday, nomral
          happenstances. :) Thus the whole 'subtle' approach. (Screw Harry
          Potter's world where it's flashy; give me subtle anyday!)

          >(I am probably preaching to the choir).<

          Indeed to the whole Mormon Tabernacle Choire to be exact. ;)

          >Anyway, again, I think that (with a shrug :-) it was a stupid thing
          to do. You are right: it doesn't represent what the rest of us do.<

          Your opinion is noted and agreed with and I reiterate, that buffoon
          does not represent you, me or anyone else who is a bonafide
          practitioner. He's just some schmuck with a PC on a blog spot. I know
          because I'm one and have one of my own! LoL ;)

          >Best to you and Happy New Year Travis<

          Same to you Travis. Light 'em up for '09! Let's open up a can of whoop
          ass and get the party started! (After all, we only 3 more years before
          the end of world as we know it, right? LOLOLOLOL)

          Warmest Regards,
          Moloch