Re: Where do demons come from/go to?

  • orub_maad
    Message 1 of 32 , May 9, 2008
      --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Jake Stratton-Kent"
      <jakestrattonkent@...> wrote:

      So Hello Everyone,
      My thoughts on where spirits come from are derived from the macro/
      microcosm paradigm. I feel (and this is just conjecture, I should ask
      before I make any assertions) that spirits, while being a part of the
      universe, are present both within and without us. Wheen we choose to
      activate those currents in our sphere of influence, then we are
      opening a door to allow interaction with beings from another level of
      reality. This is why altered states are so important to achieving
      contact with said entities.
      They exist on another plane, side by side with/in us. It isonly
      when, for whatever reason, voluntarily, or involuntarily, we become
      perceptive to those currents, planes, forces, whatever. In summary,
      spirits came from God originally, and they have made them selves busy
      accomplishing their required tasks, not bothering us, until something
      draws our paths together. I oftenwonder what kind of bribe one might
      need to offer Kampe and Echidna to open wide the gates of tartarus,
      so that I might have conversation with the Titans.
      Has anyone ever thought about the connection between the titans and
      the Kings of Edom as presented in the Golden Dawn myths (I mean no
      disrespect with the word "myths", however I have noticed some rather
      tenuous conclusions drawn by the architects of the knowlege lectures
      in Regardie's book). It seems like they might fall into the same
      archetypal category.
      Should anyone have any suggestions about the composition of my post
      so far as too long or too many topics in one message feel free to let
      me know because my netiquette has too much dust on it.
      Orub
      > > Tartarus! :)
      >
      > LOL only if they're on the staff, for 'guests' Tartarus is like the
      > Hotel California, 'you can never leave', so there's no coming from
      or
      > going back. ;-)
      >
      > As most 'Western' demons - those of the Goetia of Solomon
      included -
      > are Elementals, their habitats are the Elemental Kingdoms.Trouble is
      > that traditions differ as to where these are situated. In Agrippa
      and
      > later all the elementals are sublunary, whereas in the older models,
      > which are my preference, the fiery region includes the heaven of
      Fixed

      Message 32 of 32 , May 21, 2008
        2008/5/18 Jake Stratton-Kent <jakestrattonkent@...>:
        > 2008/5/12 enigmius93 <enigmius93@...>:
        >> >
        >> > ah, fairy lore on Solomonic, about time! ;-)
        >>
        >> They have been there the whole time.
        >
        > Certainly they've been in the Solomonic mix the whole time,
        > particularly in some of the lesser known English grimoires (some
        > examples in Scot, depending which text you can get hold of). They're
        > also 'here' the whole time, except when hanging out in ancient
        > earthworks. My descent into a 'fairy mound' in Southern Ireland was a
        > memorable if minor magical adventure.

        a good place to start examining the linkage of Solomonic and fairy
        lore in English grimoires is in section 8 of the Scot materials at
        Joe's site, here's a link to the page:

        http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/scot16.htm