Re: Solomonic magic and non-Goetic demons?

  • steve
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2008
      There are demons from all over the world you know. They don't all come
      from sumeria. I'm pretty sure there are many native to Mexico (where I
      live off and on), but that sure doesn't mean I'm going to try to evoke
      one using the goetia ritual. Seems pretty silly to try some jewish
      ritual when it most likely wouldn't work in the first place, or even
      worse it WOULD work but I would have no means of controlling it seeing
      as how mexican demons would probably require native customs and
      rituals that most people don't even know about.

      Have you ever read about people using the GD rituals to try and banish
      sumerian demons or other entities from the Simon Nec? They don't work,
      so I think of this in the same way. It'd be unsafe.

      Steve

      --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, bearmagick <bearmagick@...> wrote:

      > But isn't it true that many if not most of the "demons" are actually
      deities/spirits from sumerian/babalonian religions?
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2008
        2008/5/9 steve <estevan255@...>:
        > There are demons from all over the world you know. They don't all come
        > from sumeria. I'm pretty sure there are many native to Mexico (where I
        > live off and on), but that sure doesn't mean I'm going to try to evoke
        > one using the goetia ritual.

        good point,

        Seems pretty silly to try some jewish
        > ritual

        just for the record it's seventeenth century English, just borrows
        some Jewish elements.

        when it most likely wouldn't work in the first place, or even
        > worse it WOULD work but I would have no means of controlling it

        see below

        seeing
        > as how mexican demons would probably require native customs and
        > rituals that most people don't even know about.

        agreed, generally speaking its a good idea to please spirits with some
        give and take rather than piss them off by showing them what an
        insensitive ass and cultural supremacist you are. Working with spirits
        from other cultures requires some deft preparation and research - as
        well as ability.

        > Have you ever read about people using the GD rituals to try and banish
        > sumerian demons or other entities from the Simon Nec? They don't work,
        > so I think of this in the same way. It'd be unsafe.

        so folks say, but then its wise not to believe a lot of stuff that
        does the rounds in modern Western occultism - westerners haven't had a
        living tradition of magic for centuries (aside from bogus hereditary
        witches), so we make up for it by repeating stuff without checking it
        (like how Enochian is the most powerful system of magic on the planet,
        and the Angelic language has a grammar and syntax of its own - easy to
        cut and paste that stuff, but is it true?) - I don't use the pentagram
        rituals nowadays, but never found anything that didn't respond to it
        back in the day.

      • David Stolowitz
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2008
          I don't see any reason why you couldn't, but it would require more
          sensitivity, awareness, and experience to pull it off well.
          Essentially, a Solomonic practitioner who knows what he or she is
          doing establishes ritual space, casts a circle, and assumes the
          identity and power of the Creator God of the Cosmos - the
          Craftsman/Demiurgos, Yahwah Elohim Tzavaot' IAO. If you have earned
          the right to stand in that place of power and wield God's authority
          without impunity, then you have nothing to worry about. If not, you
          will be tried and tested to determine your worthiness. And of course,
          the Godform grants only the authority - the wisdom to properly relate
          to the spirits is another thing entirely, and that must come through
          experience, inspiration, intutition, and ultimately Holy Gnosis.

          Consider it this way: why should the entity in question carry out the
          task as you ask? Is there something in it for them? Do you carry a
          commision that they can honor (or at least respect)? Do you have the
          authority to command them (and if so, on what basis does that
          authority reside)? You are in a diplomatic position, and even after
          you become a real magus and abide in Divine Wisdom, you must still
          continue to show humility along with the confidence and assurance
          that such a position demands.