Re: [Solomonic] JudeoChristian circle casting in Genesis chapter 1?

  • bearmagick
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2008
      I don't think you're wrong. There are even some who suggest that the book of John is a "manual" for magickal operation. I personally have long viewed the New Testament as being divided along these lines:

      The four gospells and Acts as the elements and Spirit

      The 22 remaining books at attributed to the Hebrew aleph-beth.

      I've been slowly researching to write a book on this.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2008
         agree, I believe the Christian Bible is very magickal and should lead us into researching things for ourselves.

        In fact, it says to 'seek out your own soul's salvation with fear and trembling'....that tells me to look and search for the hidden truths or the ones not spoken about much anymore.

        Anyways, just my two cents....your mileage may vary.

        Blessings,

        Belle/Karen
        I AM COMING BACK AGAIN!
        "TO BE BORN AGAIN, ONE MUST DIE"
        www.elemental-magick.org - a registered 501(c)3 religious organization
        elemental_magick_shop@yahoogroups.com

        Genesis 1, New International Version (NIV)
        © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

        >In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.<

        Now i may be wrong, but to my way of thinking, the next few
        paragraphs read like a good old fashioned circle casting.

        >Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the
        surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the
        waters.<

        Now i may be wrong, but to my way of thinking, this reads like God is
        starting its circle casting facing West.

        >And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw
        that the light was good, and He separated the light from the
        darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he
        called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the
        first day.<

        Now i may be wrong, but to my way of thinking, God has just turned to
        the South.

        >And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to
        separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated the
        water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God
        called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was
        morning—the second day.<

        Now i may be wrong, but to my way of thinking, God has just cast
        toward the East.

        >And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place,
        and let dry ground appear." And it was so. God called the dry
        ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas."
        And God saw
        that it was good. Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation:
        seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed
        in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. The land
        produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and
        trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God
        saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—
        the third day.<

        Now i may be wrong, but to my way of thinking, God has just cast
        toward the North, and through the visualization of life, united all
        of the elements.

        Somebody help me out here. Am i onto something or is it just my
        imagination running away with me (to quote an old R&B tune)?

        There are still four more parts to it but i'm not sure what they mean.

        Any comments?

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Justin B
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2008
          Hello BearMagick and Wright!

          About a year back, I found a book in a local library while researching a speech on creationism vs. evolution. It was the most neat book, and now I cannot remember the name of it. It stated that every book in the Bible was simply re-telling the original creation story in a different way or angle.

          You could tell it was very occult inclined and went through the seven spheres/planets of manifestation and how each animal, plant and Wo/man were simply astral archetypes that were not manifested until banished from the garden. Very interesting and compelling. When I go back to school I'll see if I can find it again, may be of interest BearMagick.

          Wright, the only thing I would throw into your idea is this: it does not mention directions as s/he creates. This comes later with human ideas on a flat Earth and having the elements connected to a certain point on the compass. Not saying your off or wrong, but maybe consider that your inner circle should be the standpoint of the fifth element or void and create as it says in Genesis, therefore establishing a harmonious atmosphere for magic.

          Justin B.
          http://www.myspace.com/justinthemagician (read my ramblings and thoughts on magic)

          http://www.molochsorcery.com/catalog/item/4383845/5439839.htm (My book on sigils and glyphs)

        • Alphonsus de Ligouri
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2008
            St. Augustine had a similar idea concerning astral archetypes. He believed
            God created everything spiritually first then gave it physical form as time
            for its appearance came about.

            Cristvs Vincit, Cristvs Regnat, Cristvs Imperat;

            Alph

            On 5/1/08, Justin B <devilsgoatee@...> wrote:

            > Hello BearMagick and Wright!
            >
            > About a year back, I found a book in a local library while researching a
            > speech on creationism vs. evolution. It was the most neat book, and now I
            > cannot remember the name of it. It stated that every book in the Bible was
            > simply re-telling the original creation story in a different way or angle.
            >
            > You could tell it was very occult inclined and went through the seven
            > spheres/planets of manifestation and how each animal, plant and Wo/man were
            > simply astral archetypes that were not manifested until banished from the
            > garden. Very interesting and compelling. When I go back to school I'll see
            > if I can find it again, may be of interest BearMagick.
            >
            > Wright, the only thing I would throw into your idea is this: it does not
            > mention directions as s/he creates. This comes later with human ideas on a
            > flat Earth and having the elements connected to a certain point on the
            > compass. Not saying your off or wrong, but maybe consider that your inner
            > circle should be the standpoint of the fifth element or void and create as
            > it says in Genesis, therefore establishing a harmonious atmosphere for
            > magic.
            >

            > bearmagick <bearmagick@... <bearmagick%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
            > I don't think you're wrong. There are even some who suggest that the book
            > of John is a "manual" for magickal operation. I personally have long viewed
            > the New Testament as being divided along these lines:
            >
            > The four gospells and Acts as the elements and Spirit
            >
            > The 22 remaining books at attributed to the Hebrew aleph-beth.
            >
            > I've been slowly researching to write a book on this.

          • Aaron
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2008
              Greetings!

              This concept is borrowed from the ancient Gnostics - who believed that
              the events in Gen 1 and 2 were entirely spiritual. Adam did not
              manifest in the physical world we know until he was cast out from
              Eden. This pre-physical Adam was adopted by later Qabalists as "Adom
              Kadmon" (the primordial Adam)- described as a massive Archangelic
              being of Light.

              Someone else here mentioned a book that treats every book of the Bible
              like another explanation of the Creation. I wager you were either
              reading the Zohar, or something that borrows from it. ;) And that is
              yet another Gnostic-influenced Qabalistical text.

              --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Alphonsus de Ligouri"