Beautiful Grimoires! (Royal Bookbinding)

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      Hey folks!

      I just found these *incredible* images while searching around for
      Enochian material. These are hand-crafted leather-bound grimoires,
      with some of the most intricate leather work I've ever seen. Tons of
      occult sigils, including the Seal of Truth. Wow:

      http://www.maybelogic.org/maybequarterly/06/0609RoyalBookbinding.htm

      I can imagine these costing several hundred dollars each, if not into
      four figures. ;)

    • fraterredactumopus
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2007
        --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <kheph777@...> wrote:

        > Hey folks!
        >
        > I just found these *incredible* images while searching around for
        > Enochian material. These are hand-crafted leather-bound grimoires,
        > with some of the most intricate leather work I've ever seen. Tons of
        > occult sigils, including the Seal of Truth. Wow:
        >
        > http://www.maybelogic.org/maybequarterly/06/0609RoyalBookbinding.htm

        In the article, the creator of the royal bound book mentions that
        whatever his wife writes in the Guardian Angel book just sort of
        "happens." Interesting how that works.

        Makes sense, from my experiences with a table of practice. Whatever I
        want to manifest I can symbolize and simply place on my altar space
        now, and it sort of just "happens."

        I'd suggest what he's got in the binding is a pretty comprehensive
        representation of the forces that manage creation. As a result, the
        suggestions written within become system requirements and specifications.

        Interesting. Potens.

        -R.O.
      • MOLOCH
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2007
          In solomonic, "Aaron" wrote:

          >I just found these *incredible* images while searching around for
          Enochian material. These are hand-crafted leather-bound grimoires,
          with some of the most intricate leather work I've ever seen. Tons of
          occult sigils, including the Seal of Truth. Wow:<

          Wow indeed, Aaron! I want to thank you for sharing this. I'm thinking
          next year I may look at having him make me a prized book as such. The
          cover is clearly the most impressive part and the most painstaking to
          do. I doubt I'd recreate his version as I have plenty of my own seals
          and sigils to have him engrave & then gold leaf.

          >I can imagine these costing several hundred dollars each, if not into
          four figures. ;)<

          I'm guessing more likely $5,000 and up. But you're talking a true
          heirloom piece of your best material not some run-of-the-mill leather
          covered book.

          Illuminated manuscripts are gorgeous.

          All the Best,
          Moloch
        • Raymond Hicks
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2007
            That's an absolutely astounding work. I don't know enough of the source
            mythos to interpret all the symbols but I imagine that book holds some power
            simply by existing. (BTW, I refer to all religions as mythos - I've never
            properly introduced myself, sorry).

            While I could dream that I could have such a book made for me, I doubt I
            could ever afford it.

            Thank you for sharing that. It's going into my permanent bookmarks
            collection.

            --
            Raymond Hicks