Fwd: William Lilly

  • kathy_mcdonald62
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      --- In ritual-magic@yahoogroups.com, "kathy_mcdonald62"
      <kathy_mcdonald62@...> wrote:

      Thanks to a link supplied by Chris Warnock from Spiritus Mundi I
      have found William Lilly's Christian Astrology in .pdf form online.
      Go to:

      http://www.worldastrology.net/

      click on the "e-Books" link at the side and scroll down for
      downloadable ebooks of William Lilly's Book 1 and Book 3 of
      Christian Astrology.

      A quick google turned up Book 2 of William Lilly's Christian
      Astrology in Word format here (scroll down):

      http://mithras93.tripod.com/books/books.html

      William Lilly's book comes highly recommended by Chris:

      http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/lilly.html

      for Horary astrology:

      "William Lilly was the greatest practitioner of horary astrology.
      His Christian Astrology is the finest textbook available for the
      ancient art of horary"

      and Zad:

      "The best angel that I have found to teach traditional astrology is
      named William Lilly. *grin* Grab a copy of his _Christian Astrology_
      (not Christian at all, long story, written in 1649) and settle down
      about 2 years of study to master the basic vocabulary of astrology
      (signs, planets, aspects, interactions). At that point, you will
      begin to get the subtle sense of how the various parts play off each
      other to reflect the entirety of Creation... which is when we realize
      how much more there is to know :)"

      for traditional astrology and I was just wrapped to stumble upon it
      online so I thought I would share the links in case it will also be
      useful for anyone else looking to learn more about astrology.

      The breakdown of the 3 Books is:

      CHRISTIAN
      ASTROLOGY
      MODESTLY
      TREATED OF IN THREE BOOKS
      THE FIRST CONTAINING THE USE OF AN EPHEMERIS,
      the erecting of a scheam of Heaven; nature of
      the twelve Signs of the Zodiack, of the
      Planets; with a most easie Introduction
      To the whole Art of Astrology.

      THE SECOND, BY A MOST METHODICAL WAY INSTRUCTETH
      the Student how to Judge or Resolve all manner of Questions
      contingent
      unto Man, viz. of Health, Sickness, Riches, Marriage, Preferment,
      Journies, &c.
      Severall Questions inferred and Judged.

      THE THIRD, CONTAINS AN EXACT MEOTH, WHEREBY TO
      Judge upon Nativities; severall ways how to rectifie them;
      How to judge the generall fate of the Native by the twelve Houses
      of Heaven, according to the naturall influence of the STARS:
      How his particular and Annuall Accidents, by the Art of Direction,
      and its exact measure of Time by Profections, Revolutions, Transits.
      A Nativity judged by the Method preceding.

      Chris originally provided the link for another book which can be
      purchased at the site (the Lilly ebooks are free and have been
      transcribed as a labour of love):

      "The Medieval Symbols Of Faces And Degrees
      This e-book contains a complete translation of medieval symbols of
      degrees and faces from Astrolabium Planum by Johannes Engel (aka
      Johannes Angelus and Johannes de Aichach). The list of symbols can
      be traced back to the famous Italian philosopher, physician and
      astrologer of 13th-14th cc., Pietro d'Abano."

      I am trying to purchase this one at the moment but had a little
      trouble with the paypal session timing out so will try again in a
      few days. This book looks like a perfect companion book for the
      second book of the Pauline Art and I am really looking forward to
      going through the images and descriptions of the degrees. I also
      think the images could be handy for working with other angels of the
      degrees of ones natal chart for other specific areas or goals one is
      working on. The set of Images can be found at Uri's site:

      http://www.tarot.org.il/Degrees/

      and I am looking forward to reading a translation of this portion
      of "Astrolabium Planum by Johannes Engel" as it ties in so well with
      what I am currently working on. Thank you very much Chris for
      providing this lead not only to a very useful book but also a
      surprise copy of Lilly's work which I have wanted to read for a
      while as well.

      Love Kathy

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
        Great! Thanks for these links, Kathy. Too bad our group out of
        file space, or else I'd archive them here...

        --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "kathy_mcdonald62"
        <kathy_mcdonald62@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > few days. This book looks like a perfect companion book for the
        > second book of the Pauline Art and I am really looking forward to
        > going through the images and descriptions of the degrees. I also
        > think the images could be handy for working with other angels of
        the
        > degrees of ones natal chart for other specific areas or goals one
        is
        > working on. The set of Images can be found at Uri's site:
        >
        > http://www.tarot.org.il/Degrees/
        >
        > and I am looking forward to reading a translation of this portion
        > of "Astrolabium Planum by Johannes Engel" as it ties in so well
        with
        > what I am currently working on. Thank you very much Chris for
        > providing this lead not only to a very useful book but also a
        > surprise copy of Lilly's work which I have wanted to read for a

      • Snake in a cage
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
          I started a group so that if someone wished to they
          might upload files to it. The group is
          Group home page:
          Group email address: solomonicmagick@yahoogroups.com

          Feel free to add files to this group.

          ED
          --- Aaron <Aaron@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > going through the images and descriptions of the
          > degrees. I also
          > > think the images could be handy for working with
          > other angels of
          > the
          > > degrees of ones natal chart for other specific
          > areas or goals one
          > is
          > > working on. The set of Images can be found at
          > Uri's site:
          > >
          > > http://www.tarot.org.il/Degrees/
          > >
          > > and I am looking forward to reading a translation
          > of this portion
          > > of "Astrolabium Planum by Johannes Engel" as it
          > ties in so well
          > with
          > > what I am currently working on. Thank you very
          > much Chris for
          > > providing this lead not only to a very useful book
          > but also a
          > > surprise copy of Lilly's work which I have wanted

          Why should I gain from His reward?

          I cannot give an answer; but this I knopw with all my heart: His wounds have paid my ransom.

          http://mail.yahoo.com