Re: [Solomonic] Re: A E Waite

  • chris@hereticstudios.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 30, 2006
      >His _Holy Kabballah_ is probably - outside of the Koran- the most
      boring book on the planet

      Someone obviously hasn't read the Book of Mormon.

      WILL / LOVE

      - V -
    • MOLOCH
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2006
        In solomonic, "ariaksatri2" wrote:

        >Depends on the exegesis one uses. The zahir, is the most outward, and
        superficial method of reading. But, the batin, opens deeper and
        deeper levels of meaning, and practical technique. Plus, in all
        reality, the Koran should be read and studied in Arabic, because the
        langauge and alphabet are a key to the batin and practical
        applications...all in all, quite a complex science.<

        Fair enough. Much the same I say to folks about the Bible. It is most
        certainly a grimoire all of its own.

        Cordially,
        Moloch
        'Real Sorcery & Radionics'
        http://www.molochsorery.com
      • + Kempis
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 1, 2006
          I hope this doesn't spoil the bashing fun..
          but reading annual agricultural reports is a lot more boring.

          "chris@..." <chris@...> wrote: >His _Holy Kabballah_ is probably - outside of the Koran- the most
          boring book on the planet

          Someone obviously hasn't read the Book of Mormon.

          WILL / LOVE

          - V -

          "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" is now available! Let me know what you think.
          http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html
          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Fr. R. O.
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 1, 2006
            The book of Numbers always worked for me. Not much bloodshed, rape, or
            murder going on, I was like, is this *really* a book of the Bible?

            --
            Fr. Redactum Opus
            frredactumopus@...
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 1, 2006
              This waite bashing is "fun"

              But

              What I was looking for was a reason behind his inaccuracies not a go at him
              personally.

              Sian

            • + Kempis
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2006
                No no no, that one gets exciting when you start looking for fraud. "Is this lineage real, or was this some rich guy who paid a rabbi to put his name in the book to exalt his family name?"

                Of course, there is that curse to test a woman for adultery by poisoning her. Obviously if she gets sick she's guilty, because it is the will of God. (Numbers 5:11-29) Like one of those witchcraft tests where guilt is determined by drowning. I love the "good guys". They're so fair.

                Remember to always think "happy thoughts", and good things will happen!

                "Fr. R. O." <frredactumopus@...> wrote: The book of Numbers always worked for me. Not much bloodshed, rape, or

                --
                Fr. Redactum Opus
                frredactumopus@...
                http://headforred.blogspot.com
                http://alanassim.blogspot.com

                "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" is now available! Let me know what you think.
                http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html
                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Adam Sod
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 2, 2006
                  Hi Kempis. Not sure what your talking a/b in the 1st paragraph, but in regards to the 2nd one, there is no record of poison being used. If anything, it would be more magical. The procedure called for dust from the Temple floor (like in voodoo, etc.) and special pens & inks (key of solomon type stuff) and the remains of the priests cloths were washed & cut into strips. The name of the GOD of Israel was wrote on a strip of cloth while a curse was pronounced &/or wrote on the cloth. The piece was then put into a cup of wine. The ink was disolve into the wine & she would drink it.

                  Of course, some of this may not be in the Bible, but is mentioned in the Talmud.

                  Magic...yes. Poison...not so much.
                  Adam Sod

                  + Kempis <kempis057@...> wrote:
                  No no no, that one gets exciting when you start looking for fraud. "Is this lineage real, or was this some rich guy who paid a rabbi to put his name in the book to exalt his family name?"

                  Of course, there is that curse to test a woman for adultery by poisoning her. Obviously if she gets sick she's guilty, because it is the will of God. (Numbers 5:11-29) Like one of those witchcraft tests where guilt is determined by drowning. I love the "good guys". They're so fair.

                  Remember to always think "happy thoughts", and good things will happen!

                  "Fr. R. O." wrote: The book of Numbers always worked for me. Not much bloodshed, rape, or

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 3, 2006
                    Was this the same tabernacle where animal sacrifice was routine? In such case, it would be a bacterial infection, no? It is like eating dirt from a butcher's shop or a slaughterhouse.

                    Worse than food poisoning, is that the entire community will think she deserves this fate. Her loved ones will be shamed by her, even if she didn't actually do anything. They will never trust her again, and her suffering will mean nothing to them... but the man, who might just be neurotic or hate his wife, is blameless. (Numbers 5:31)

                    Adam Sod <adamsod72@...> wrote: Hi Kempis. Not sure what your talking a/b in the 1st paragraph, but in regards to the 2nd one, there is no record of poison being used. If anything, it would be more magical. The procedure called for dust from the Temple floor (like in voodoo, etc.) and special pens & inks (key of solomon type stuff) and the remains of the priests cloths were washed & cut into strips. The name of the GOD of Israel was wrote on a strip of cloth while a curse was pronounced &/or wrote on the cloth. The piece was then put into a cup of wine. The ink was disolve into the wine & she would drink it.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 3, 2006
                      Kempis, not sure if you have studied how the Jews claim the sacrifices were done, but the slaughtering took place on the far end (western most part if not mistaken) of the tabernacle grounds. All of the animal was burned. Even the animals killed for food, their remains were cast on the fire of the brazen altar. None of the animal was brought inside the Tabernacle itself except on Yom Kippur & that was only it's blood, which was cleaned up the next day by the Levites. So, even though the animals were killed inside the fence/high wall of the Tabernacle, nothing of this nature took place INSIDE the Tabernacle itself (the area where the dust was most likely collected).

                      Also, the Tabernacle was constantly moved from place to place, so it was NOT turned into a graveyard of old bones after a few weeks, with disease & poisons. The area & animal parts were very contained. I'm not a doctor, but wouldn't the alcohol in the wine kill the bacteria?

                      Here is how the story is told. If he thinks she has committed adultery, he takes her to the Cohenim, who question her. It appears that a judgment could be ruled before the drinking of the wine, but if she is insistent on her innocence, she can drink the wine. She can refuse to drink it & still claim she is innocent. If she states she wants to drink the wine to prove her innocence, she is handed over to the priest daughters, who try to council her & advise her against it unless she is innocent. She is given the wine & if guilty, she is almost immediately struck with her illness.

                      You know, in the last year of so, someone told me of a race/tribe in South America or Africa or something like that, where if 2 people get into a dispute, they go to a judge & have a "trial by boiling oil." They have a large cauldron w/ boiling oil. Each person rubs a type of butter on their arm & then they each stick their hand in the hot boiling oil & the person who is guilty will have their arm burned by the oil.

                      Trust me when I say I am always a skeptic & look for natural laws at work, but some things just seem beyond the norm!

                      AdamSod

                      + Kempis <kempis057@...> wrote:
                      Was this the same tabernacle where animal sacrifice was routine? In such case, it would be a bacterial infection, no? It is like eating dirt from a butcher's shop or a slaughterhouse.

                      Worse than food poisoning, is that the entire community will think she deserves this fate. Her loved ones will be shamed by her, even if she didn't actually do anything. They will never trust her again, and her suffering will mean nothing to them... but the man, who might just be neurotic or hate his wife, is blameless. (Numbers 5:31)

                    • Modrocus
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 3, 2006
                        Bacterial infection sounds likely from the location,
                        but also from the symptoms the adulteress is to
                        suffer. A swelling of the stomach and weakness of the
                        legs (this would actually be of the whole body), and
                        many such infections left unchecked go to the brain.
                        And all of this is added to “bitter water that brings
                        a curse,” and my understanding is that bitter water is
                        already somehow unclean and tainted. The woman would
                        spend a length of time suffering, physically and
                        mentally as an outcast. Not an outcast as in shunned
                        by the camp, but in the literal meaning. Cast out of
                        the camp which in those times meant death. Poison
                        would have been more merciful.

                        The man to be held blameless in Nu 5:31 is not the
                        husband but the man whom she was accused of being
                        with. The only thing the husband is guilty of is
                        jealousy.

                        The process comes with a strange rational where it is
                        performed in a holy place where holy works are done.
                        If she gets sick it must be “God’s Will” and if she
                        doesn’t the innocent wife immediately gets the honor
                        of “being made pregnant by semen.” I didn’t mean that
                        sarcastically, bearing a child was a great boon for
                        the woman, the family, and the camp. This is one of
                        the few social laws with reparations should it be
                        misapplied.

                        Mod

                        --- + Kempis <kempis057@...> wrote:
                        > Was this the same tabernacle where animal sacrifice
                        > was routine? In such case, it would be a bacterial
                        > infection, no? It is like eating dirt from a
                        > butcher's shop or a slaughterhouse.
                        >
                        > Worse than food poisoning, is that the entire
                        > community will think she deserves this fate. Her
                        > loved ones will be shamed by her, even if she didn't
                        > actually do anything. They will never trust her
                        > again, and her suffering will mean nothing to
                        > them... but the man, who might just be neurotic or
                        > hate his wife, is blameless. (Numbers 5:31)

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • ariaksatri2
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 7, 2006
                          Moloch wrote <<Fair enough. Much the same I say to folks about the
                          Bible. It is most certainly a grimoire all of its own.>>

                          Yes, and this can be extended to a great number of other types of
                          books from antiquity.
                          For instance, the Sufi have often employed writings on geography,
                          mathematics, and grammar which conceal an esoteric doctrine (while
                          being true as well on the superficial level).
                          In the West, Dante's "Divine Comedy" comes to mind as the premier
                          example of such a work...in fact, Dante said the book could be
                          interpreted on 4 distinct levels, none of which contradict the
                          foregoing.
                          Raebelis is said to be another type of work, but little is know
                          about what, if any Order he was affiliated with, and any
                          mathematical/linguistic key that exists which could help unlock his
                          esotericism, remains elusive. It can truly be said that as
                          moderns, we have forgot much more than we know.