Re: [Solomonic] somethings wrong

  • Fr. R. O.
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31 8:42 AM
      On 5/31/06, SianyH@... <SianyH@...> wrote:

      > One of my main bugbears with Solomonic and other ceremonial
      > methodoligies is
      > that they are desigend for the individual practitioner

      Not really. There are lots of indications in the grimoires that you should
      be working in a group or with at least one other person, either as a seer or
      as disciples. It looks like it's intended for Magisters, not for discipuli.

      --
      Fr. Redactum Opus
      frredactumopus@...

    • gary nottingham
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31 1:15 PM
        At the end of the day an ounce of experience is worth an awful lot of theory, in my experience for what its worth, is that practice is the best teacher, having been involved with a small group for a while who knew their stuff it is I think, ultimately up to the individual to sort out the wheat from the chaff and learn. Granted its solitary as perhaps it should be and that indeed is part of the quest, it is best to remember that this is not wicca nor pf and therefore by its very nature it is solitary and is not a herd thing.

        Stephen Skinner and David Rankine have recently produced an excellent work on evocation which is well worth the study.

        keep going

        Gary

        SianyH@... wrote:

        frredactumopus@... writes:

        The trouble with being a solitary practitioner is you don't get the advice
        you need from people who've been through it before if you don't know where
        to look.

        This is soooo true

        I have been an occultist for many many years and came up through a
        traditional witchcraft background, Coven based education with elders to show the way.

        One of my main bugbears with Solomonic and other ceremonial methodoligies is
        that they are desigend for the individual practitioner however there is
        always that nagging self doubt hanging around ones practise

        Am I doing this righ
        is this correct

        In the end you can only go by results and how you feel

        The path unfotunatly has to be walked alone in the end, advice and guidance
        is wonderful but in the end you have to go by what YOU feel

        Siany

        "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" is now available! Let me know what you think.
        http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html

        Occult book Tim leary Traditions Robert anton wilson Roman catholic King solomon

      • + Kempis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
          Hi there. Your life sounds interesting at the moment.
          Consider that, in some ways, magic is like a catalyst
          that forces other issues to the surface. (kinda like
          a sick cat eating grass to induce vomiting) At least
          that is my current opinion.

          Chances are, what is bothering you might simply be
          your lifestyle rather than the after-effects of magic.

          People with chaotic lifestyles might do good to have a

          concrete activity to work on. (like how some people
          will work on a car for months at a time) I think this
          is especially important to people who party a lot.
          Also, sometimes it does good to try new things or meet
          new people; to break up the monotony of a lifestyle.

          Regular practice of magic can lead to thoughts about
          mortality and the opening of repressed memories. I
          don't know why this is, but I think it has something
          to do with the subconscious.

          Now, as for the choice of the Grimorium Verum and
          later visiting a Catholic(?) priest, that seems about
          right. They're two sides of the same coin, in my
          opinion. It is almost like a Catholic tradition to
          make pacts with devils.

          I suggest studying Kabbalah for a while. It has a
          mystical aspect that is conductive both for drug-use
          and music. Contemplating the Tree especially can be
          conductive to visions when in the right state of mind.
          It is also peaceful - there is no need to worry about
          the failure of a system.

          Also, as it sounds like you come from a Catholic
          background; Kabbalah can help you develop a
          relationship with the Divine that doesn't involve
          guilt-trips about Hell or the peer-pressure of a
          church.

          +
          just my opinion
          as a partying ex-Catholic who likes magic and music

          http://mail.yahoo.com