Fwd: Re: Astrological Magic

  • kathy_mcdonald62
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      --- In ritual-magic@yahoogroups.com, "kathy_mcdonald62"

      <kathy_mcdonald62@> wrote:

      > CONSECRATION
      > - of space for the working
      > - any tools or instruments that will be needed

      "Seeing God the greatest of all good did in the beginning of the
      Creation of the World, plentifully and abundantly bless and
      sanctifie all things which are therein; both Places, Instruments,
      and all Creatures, that have their being upon the Earth; There is no
      need of other Blessings and Consecrations; for he is Holiness
      himself: wherefore all things that he ordained and made, are also
      consecrated by and through him. Therefore no humane things do need
      any more or other Consecrations; but may better, nay best of all, be
      without them, especially such as setting Crosses in the way,
      Crosses, Circles, Swords, Vestures, Candles or Lights, Waters, Oyls,
      Fire, Fumigations, Characters, Writings, Books, Pentacles, Seals of
      Solomon, Crowns, Scepters, Girdles, Rings &c. and many other things
      of the like-kinde, which the Ceremonious Nigromancers do use against
      the Phantastick Spirits, as if they could not be compelled and bound
      by any other means; whereas Faith is the chief and principal
      Foundation against them.

      As often as the Ceremonial Nigromancers say, that this is
      consecrated or blessed, or that many Masses are celebrated
      thereupon. Wherefore they all say, that they are of power against
      the devil and the malignant Spirits, who are terrified with fear and
      dread thereof, and flie there-from, &c. and dare not come neer it.

      O you very arch-Fools, and ignorant men of no worth! even unworthy
      of the name of men, who do give Faith and credit to such monstrous
      and palpable lyes, when you see notwithstanding examples thereof
      before your eyes; when so much lightening falls upon the Temples,
      that is burns and destroyes the Altars; which chiefly happens by the
      Tempests raised with Inchantments; also, when the Devil and
      malignant Spirits are seen to raign these places, and are heard by
      the Magitians what they speak. Therefore Negromancy with its
      Ceremonies, is absolute wickedness, a Viper used amongst Juglers, a
      wicked work, which blindeth the eyes of the spectators, deceiving
      them of their Money; but in truth is not to be esteemed worth a half
      penny, scarce a straw or rush: wherefore are not to be induced or
      made use herein; as Judeus Solomon in his book hath written, which
      the Nigromancers call, The Key of Solomon. For God would not have
      them to be used; but hath given another thing instead thereof, to
      wit, Faith; which perfectly Consecrateth all things. Nevertheless, I
      would not have all Consecrations to be rejected, but only those
      Ceremonies, which are assumed to be used against the phantastick and
      malignant Spirits. But I do not desire: that any thing should be
      derogated from those Magical Ceremonies and Operations, which are
      made for Physical uses: neither, especially the Consecrations in
      Matrimony, and in the Sacraments of Baptism, and the Lord's Supper,
      which are to be kept and observed by us in the highest esteem and
      reverence alwayes, unto the last day. For at that time we are all
      perfectly consecrated, and sanctified, and clarified with a heavenly
      body."

      [Of Occult PHILOSOPHY. Chapter I. Of Consecrations. by Theophraftus
      Paracelsus. From page 33 The Archidoxes of Magic. Paracelsus]

      ***Comments???

      Love Kathy

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
        Greetings, Kathy!

        This is just the kind of stuff that men like Agrippa had to write into
        their books for self-protection. This was common even when the texts
        were meant to be private- such as John Dee who wrote his journals with
        an eye toward the possibility they might fall into Inquisitors' hands.
        Agrippa himself denied the books later in life, claiming they were
        just the foolishnes of his youth.

        You have to compare the Inquisitions to the modern "Drug War." Have
        you ever seen folks discussing pot or some other drug in public, while
        adding statements like, "..but I'd *never* do anything like that!" or
        "...of course, I stopped smoking years ago!"

        --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "kathy_mcdonald62"