Re: Signed Copies of "Secrets..."

  • ariaksatri2
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
      Oh well, mine is already on order from another online source...but,
      I thought you should have a "heads up" about the distribution
      outlets.

      I called my local Barnes & Noble last week, and they said the book
      was "out of print"! Idiots, I go through this sort of thing with
      them all the time...after explaining that the book was JUST
      published, and getting bounced to several different "reps", nobody
      could figure it out over there. Point being...the $6/hour clerks
      who don't know crap about books are going to limit your sales until
      the title is effectively downloaded into the "system".

      --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <Aaron@L...> wrote:

      > Greetings, All!
      >
      > Beginning this week, I will have signed copies of "Secrets of the
      > Magickal Grimoires" available. For the time being, I will be
      selling
      > them for $30 each, plus S&H. (I will use a flat rate for the US
      and
      > Canada - wihch should be about $10-12. For elsewhere outside the
      > continental US, I will have to quote you a shipping rate.)
      >
      > If you are interested, drop me an email at the following address:
      >
      > kheph777@y...
      >
      > In the subject line, make sure to put "Signed Copy of Secrets."
      >
      > I will respond with an invoice from PayPal. Once payment is
      recieved,
      > I will ship the book to you. :)
      >
      > If there are any changes, I'll make sure to let you know.
      >
      > Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires
      > http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html
      >
      > In LVX
      > Aaron
      > http://kheph777.tripod.com/

    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
        Interesting...

        I heard from one person that Amazon would not ship their copy until
        halfway through December. Another person (I think on this list)
        indicated that he was told the book was hard to get "due to
        demand." And now I hear from you that the outlets think it is out
        of print!

        Either this is all simply because the book was just released, and so
        it isn't- as you say- downloaded into the system yet. Or, the book
        really is in high demand... which would be nice, but I won't jump to
        that conclusion just yet. ;)

        --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "ariaksatri2" <aryaksatriya@e...>
        wrote:

        > Oh well, mine is already on order from another online
        source...but,
        > I thought you should have a "heads up" about the distribution
        > outlets.
        >
        > I called my local Barnes & Noble last week, and they said the book
        > was "out of print"! Idiots, I go through this sort of thing with
        > them all the time...after explaining that the book was JUST
        > published, and getting bounced to several different "reps", nobody
        > could figure it out over there. Point being...the $6/hour clerks
        > who don't know crap about books are going to limit your sales
        until
        > the title is effectively downloaded into the "system".
        >

        > --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <Aaron@L...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Greetings, All!
        > >
        > > Beginning this week, I will have signed copies of "Secrets of
        the
        > > Magickal Grimoires" available. For the time being, I will be
        > selling
        > > them for $30 each, plus S&H. (I will use a flat rate for the US
        > and
        > > Canada - wihch should be about $10-12. For elsewhere outside
        the
        > > continental US, I will have to quote you a shipping rate.)
        > >
        > > If you are interested, drop me an email at the following address:
        > >
        > > kheph777@y...
        > >
        > > In the subject line, make sure to put "Signed Copy of Secrets."
        > >
        > > I will respond with an invoice from PayPal. Once payment is
        > recieved,
        > > I will ship the book to you. :)
        > >
        > > If there are any changes, I'll make sure to let you know.
        > >
        > > Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires
        > > http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html
        > >
        > > In LVX
        > > Aaron
        > > http://kheph777.tripod.com/

      • Levi Yorkcollins
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
          I WAS TOLD THAT DUE TO EXTREAM DEMAND ..MY ORDER WILL BE DELAYED...WHATS A MAGI TO DUE...COLLINS 9TH.

          Aaron <Aaron@...> wrote:Interesting...

          wrote:

          > Oh well, mine is already on order from another online
          source...but,
          > I thought you should have a "heads up" about the distribution
          > outlets.
          >
          > I called my local Barnes & Noble last week, and they said the book
          > was "out of print"! Idiots, I go through this sort of thing with
          > them all the time...after explaining that the book was JUST
          > published, and getting bounced to several different "reps", nobody
          > could figure it out over there. Point being...the $6/hour clerks
          > who don't know crap about books are going to limit your sales
          until
          > the title is effectively downloaded into the "system".
          >

          > --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings, All!
          > >
          > > Beginning this week, I will have signed copies of "Secrets of
          the
          > > Magickal Grimoires" available. For the time being, I will be
          > selling
          > > them for $30 each, plus S&H. (I will use a flat rate for the US
          > and
          > > Canada - wihch should be about $10-12. For elsewhere outside
          the
          > > continental US, I will have to quote you a shipping rate.)
          > >
          > > If you are interested, drop me an email at the following address:
          > >
          > > kheph777@y...
          > >
          > > In the subject line, make sure to put "Signed Copy of Secrets."
          > >
          > > I will respond with an invoice from PayPal. Once payment is
          > recieved,
          > > I will ship the book to you. :)
          > >
          > > If there are any changes, I'll make sure to let you know.
          > >
          > > Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires
          > > http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html
          > >
          > > In LVX
          > > Aaron
          > > http://kheph777.tripod.com/

          "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" is now available! Let me know what you think.
          http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html
          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Diana Rajchel
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
            Hi there, loving reading this list so far...just wanted to mention
            something as a former B&N employee:
            B&N may ONLY contract with specific publishers. I know this from having
            attempted, on many occassions,
            to go ahead and request "out of print" books by B&N classification.
            However, the contracts are so restrictive
            that there generally isn't a way around them, not even at management
            levels. The only exceptions I've seen
            is where they still have books left in the warehouse -- and that doesn't
            happen if the books were never
            ordered.

            I would not blame the low-end wage earner who probably worked with the
            tools available, or call them idiots,
            because it was very probably something that TRULY could not be helped.

            I would suggest, however, that going through Amazon. Tattered Cover or
            direct to the publisher and/or author
            as a possibility.

            -Di

            ariaksatri2 wrote:

            > Oh well, mine is already on order from another online source...but,
            > I thought you should have a "heads up" about the distribution
            > outlets.
            >
            > I called my local Barnes & Noble last week, and they said the book
            > was "out of print"! Idiots, I go through this sort of thing with
            > them all the time...after explaining that the book was JUST
            > published, and getting bounced to several different "reps", nobody
            > could figure it out over there. Point being...the $6/hour clerks
            > who don't know crap about books are going to limit your sales until
            > the title is effectively downloaded into the "system".

          • elfsbeth
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
              Okay, I hate to be a crashing bore here, but a couple of notes o/"s

              Your book at amazon that I ordered in 2003 is now:
              Oct 30, 2005 07:57:00 PM JACKSONVILLE FL US In transit

              The copy I ordered this past summer (thinking the old order was gone)
              has been cancelled cause they 'thought' I forgot to update it. They
              are wrong and I did click an update, but I guess, obviously it was an
              update to the older order.

              Also I have a signed copy of your book coming to me from family of my
              daughter in law (as I said in off list e-mail) who, along with her
              boyfriend, attended the book signing and met you :/

              Now as to the $6.00/hr clerk ( mentioned by another member of this
              group referencing the Barnes & Goats Book Dealer) - don't insult the
              last vestments of the working class left in this country trying to
              make a living while the managers are probably sipping on lattees, or
              whatever, not minding the store, or maybe they've outsourced all the
              inventory to the Isle of the Dominion of Melchizedek!

              ~ Noaell

            • elfsbeth
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
                --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "elfsbeth" <amberuthe@y...> wrote:

                >> Your book at amazon that I ordered in 2003 is now:
                > Oct 30, 2005 07:57:00 PM JACKSONVILLE FL US In transit

                News Flash... The Amazon copy JUST arrived!

                :)

                ... Good Clerks Good Clerics Good Clerks Good Clerics
              • Aaron
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
                  Outstanding! :):):)

                  Now you have two copies. One signed to keep fresh and new, and one
                  you can break in real good with dog ears and marginal notes. :):):)

                  Can't wait to hear your feedback!