Re: [Solomonic] Re: Enochian - Brilliant or B*llsh*t?

  • Levi Yorkcollins
    Message 1 of 51 , Jun 1, 2005
      you peaple are a scream..so cute and adorarable...you need or deserve a research grant....culteral garbage can be nearly as bad as infoganda....or u.s politics.......garbage is garbage even if its called trash....sometimes for our charms to work we have to purify the charms of as much irrelivant garbage as possible..... collins the 9th lajolla california...

      Aaron <Aaron@...> wrote:--- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, + Kempis <kempis057@y...> wrote:

      > The majority of verses seem to be Satanic in essence,
      > which I think Moloch would be into, but it makes me
      > paranoid. :-) In a Nephilim sense. Phrases like
      > "come down to the Earth and appear as sons of
      > pleasure." etc
      > I would rather if the language could be used without
      > this mythos. I don't want to use the mythos.

      ?? I'm not sure I get you on this one. Why does "Sons of Pleasure"
      automatically indicate Satanism?

      > With the use as verses, I think maybe they could be
      > made creatively instead of pulled from the Calls.

      They can - but it takes a real understanding of the Angelic
      Language. However, to date there has been nothing published about
      Angelical that doesn't treat the Language like something found only
      in the Keys. That's what my Lexicon is supposed to fix.

      > (that way being a system-neutral magical tool) Psalms,
      > Sutras, and Quranic verses are used because the books
      > they are pulled from are considered to be sacred. I
      > don't want to consider the Calls sacred. :-) It is a
      > nice concept, but also like a ball-and-chain.

      I certainly consider the Calls sacred. :)

      > There is also the question of this language being
      > designed to show the superiority of British magicians.
      > (see also the word for iniquity, "Madrid")

      I would find it hard to support the idea that the *entire* language
      was designed just to show British superiority. That doesn't mean that
      British superiority wasn't an assumption on the part of the two men
      recieving the material.

      > Aaron said:
      > > Not if they read Dee's journals. ;) The Angels
      > > told Dee to use the Angelical Language in such a
      > > practical manner. He was supposed to use it "before
      > > Hebrew" in all the ways Agrippa tells us to use the
      > > Hebrew alphabet. Speaking with the tongue was to
      > > "differ him from a mortal creature" with the Angels.
      >
      > Maybe I will take your advice on this and just play
      > with the language, minus the Christian mythos. It

      Check the latter half of this essay:

      The Angelic Alphabet
      http://users.bestweb.net/~kali93/jan2000/angelic.htm

      > would be cool to just have a magical language that can
      > be formed into charms, like clay. I used to do this
      > with Hebrew, but I didn't want the cultural baggage.

      Having known you this long, I would say the only baggage you have is
      this fear of being caught up in cultural baggage. ;) Sometimes, one
      can willingly take on all the cultural baggage as part of the
      ceremonial garb.

      "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" will be available in August 2005:
      http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html

    • Aaron
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 16, 2005
        Ah yes, this is the lady who did the wonderful Voodoo artwork for that
        horrible "Enochian Tarot Deck." :)