Re: Evocation Book Recommendation / auras

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 1, 2004
      --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, james ridge <jridge12000@y...>
      wrote:

      [...]
      > just on the tip of my brain, something to do with Vibrations,
      >Harmonics and electricity, sound has no mass, yet it causes friction
      >(of a sort) and friction causes a form of electriciy (energy)

      Well, to be fair, it is not sound that causes friction. Either your
      body, or a speaker, physically vibrates. That vibrates the air
      around it. That is where the friction is measured.

      On the other hand, notice how a favorite song can move a person
      emtionally, spur them to action, etc. That is more along the lines
      of magickal energy as I was describing it.

      >light has no mass yet is a vibration, just very fast vibration......

      Light is produced when some kind of physical or chemical reaction in
      an object causes electrons to jump their orbits, or to produce large
      amounts of excess energy that manifest as light and heat. All of
      this depends on mass.

      >I know I sound crazy about this, but to me there is something there,

      No need to apologize! We are all here to share our thoughts, and are
      expected to differ from time to time. :)

      >that I am not understanding, it is not just the vibrations or what
      >ever that is magick, this part I am fully aware of, yet some how I
      >think they mix, and I am not understanding it..........
      > sorry guys and gals for the ramble, it is eating my head as Aaron
      would say LOL
      > I will stop on it for now, untill I have a way to put it into
      words..

      It almost sounds like you are having some of the same thoughts that
      occultists had back in the days when electricity was new. (There was
      a time when anyone who worked with electricity was most likely ALSO
      an occultist.) In my own opinion, I think what they were getting at
      is explained better by Memetics instead. However, if you really want
      to explore the subject further, I would do a web-search for "Orgone
      Generator." Even if you don't get into Orgone, researching it will
      lead you to others that have the same mind-set as you do about
      electricity and magick.

    • st_balthazar
      Message 85 of 85 , Feb 5 3:17 AM
        That's a good one too Aaron! Will have to try that. I was taught another one similar to that but without the mirror, using a flipped glass of water with a reversed candle on a saucer like you described, except you place an egg in the glass of water. In this case the egg "takes the hit" and after the candle has burned down you dispose of the egg at the crossroads, or if you don't know where the attack is coming from - you can very carefully crack the egg into the glass of water and read it for signs to see who, or what, is causing the problem - before disposing of it appropriately. This doesn't reverse the spell back to sender but instead uses the egg to absorb it.
        St.B
        http://gnostic-conjure.blogspot.com/