Solomonic at Facebook

  • kheph777
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014

      Hey folks!

      I've decided to make a version of this group over on Facebook:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1385341145048771/

      Jake, it seems you are not on Facebook yet.  It sure would be nice to have you posting in the new group, too.  ;)

      The same goes for anyone here who has not been added over there yet.  Head on over and request a membership!  :)

      Meanwhile, this Yahoo Group will remain here indefinitely.  So if you just refuse to be assimilated into FB, this will still be here for you.  I just think the FB version will be much more active - especially since Yahoo decided to show us all how much they *don't* want us here with their recent re-design.  :(

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014

            I can dig it, Jake.  But, keep in mind that the Solomonic group without Jake Stratton-Kent is hardly the Solomonic group...  ;)

            In any case - keep in mind that this group stays here like it has always been.  As long as there are people posting here, we'll be here.  :)  I'm only adding a Facebook option.

            btw - you can't get the archives of this group on Facebook.  So there is that.  :)

          • kheph777
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014

              You know it makes me feel like the old days, when local bbs communities were giving way to first Usenet and then AOL.  It was sad to see the closer more intimate communities of the bbs's pass away.

              Then along came the age of the forums, where we all met on dedicated websites, Yahoo Groups, Google Groups, etc.  New "small" yet global communities were formed.

              Now it's all blogs and Facebook.  And it seems the old forums aren't as lively as they used to be.  Once again, it's sad to see the change.

              And from what I hear, nobody under 30 even uses Facebook anymore.  It's *already* dated!!

              Fucking future shock...

            • gilbertostrapazon
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                Well, I'm there.

                Yahoo had a bad move I agree.
                But many groups I'm currently become active at Facebook.

                BUT the FB have a bad side: even the groups are like long timelines, so if you want to search for some old topic, the "search" button won't help so much.
                Because this, the few groups I'm appear to have most recent talks and it's easy disappears there.

                Anyways, thank for one more option Aaron.

                Gilberto Strapazon

                http://gilbertostrapazon.blogspot.com - Zenta - A Informática Esotérica
                http://www.becodocrime.com.br - Contos de Terror e Ficção Fantástica
                http://jd800center.blogspot.com - Roland JD800 site
              • CraigM
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                  Hey Aaron,

                  I can so empathise with your thoughts. The older groups used to be so good compared to today's spam filled dying platforms.

                  Kindest regards
                  Craig

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                    From Kathy on FB:

                    -----------

                    Hey guys, Im here tell jake to get his ass over here to! Still luv u all!
                    Love Kathy

                    ------------

                    LOL

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                      okay, okay :D

                      I'm back on Farcebook (even though I am not over 30! The very idea!)

                      Jake

                      On 6 June 2014 13:52, kheph777@... [solomonic] <solomonic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      From Kathy on FB:

                      -----------

                      Hey guys, Im here tell jake to get his ass over here to! Still luv u all!
                      Love Kathy

                      ------------

                      LOL

                    • fbsf2004
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                        Hey nice to read from you guys.  I've been wondering what happened to this forum--- and Aaron, though I must confess I was in limbo at one point and missed most of the posts.  I heard you have/had eyes problems Aaron.  Are you okay now?
                        Aku.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                          On 6/6/2014 4:31 AM, Jake Stratton-Kent jakestrattonkent@... [solomonic] wrote:

                          I *left* Farcebook some time back mate, lot of pressure for me to come back lately, but don't hold your breath. :)

                          Jake
                          If you do, DON'T USE THE PHONE APP!

                          Just use m.facebook.com
                          - my daughter hipped me to that one just when I was about to throw my phone out of the window.

                          Maybe we can talk Aaron into using G+ and making a "circle."

                          A: http://five.sentenc.es

                          Roy
                        • Roy
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                            On 6/6/2014 4:31 AM, Jake Stratton-Kent jakestrattonkent@... [solomonic] wrote:

                            I *left* Farcebook some time back mate, lot of pressure for me to come back lately, but don't hold your breath. :)

                            Jake
                            Funny, I've been thinking of abandoning it altogether - I don't like being invited to events that I'm not interested in, or requests to play candy crush, support Casper the friendly ghost's mission (which seems to have infected millions), and so on and so forth - too time consuming.

                            I had to join as per a business partner; maybe I'll get around to un-friending and cleaning up someday.

                            I like Twitter better - basically the same stuff and articles, but the discipline of conciseness makes it more manageable and more fun!

                            That being said, DON'T USE THE PHONE APP - unless you want to learn to hate your phone.

                            A: http://five.sentenc.es

                            Roy
                          • Adam Sod
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                              The new format does stink. Has anyone tried contacting them to let them know?

                              To: solomonic@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Friday, June 6, 2014, 4:54 AM

                              #yiv9615497171 #yiv9615497171 --

                              #yiv9615497171 .yiv9615497171ygrp-photo-title{
                              clear:both;font-size:smaller;height:15px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;width:75px;}
                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171ygrp-photo{
                              background-position:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:white;border:1px
                              solid black;height:62px;width:62px;}

                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171photo-title
                              a,
                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171photo-title a:active,
                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171photo-title a:hover,
                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171photo-title a:visited {
                              text-decoration:none;
                              }

                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171attach-table
                              div.yiv9615497171attach-row {
                              clear:both;}

                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171attach-table
                              div.yiv9615497171attach-row div {
                              float:left;}

                              #yiv9615497171 p {
                              clear:both;padding:15px 0 3px 0;overflow:hidden;}

                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171ygrp-file {
                              width:30px;}
                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171attach-table
                              div.yiv9615497171attach-row div div a {
                              text-decoration:none;}

                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171attach-table
                              div.yiv9615497171attach-row div div span {
                              font-weight:normal;}

                              #yiv9615497171 div.yiv9615497171ygrp-file-title {
                              font-weight:bold;}
                              #yiv9615497171
                              #yiv9615497171

                              #yiv9615497171 #yiv9615497171 --
                              #yiv9615497171ygrp-mkp {
                              border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
                              0;padding:0 10px;}

                              #yiv9615497171 #yiv9615497171ygrp-mkp hr {
                              border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

                              #yiv9615497171 #yiv9615497171ygrp-mkp #yiv9615497171hd {
                              color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
                              0;}

                              #yiv9615497171 #yiv9615497171ygrp-mkp #yiv9615497171ads {
                              margin-bottom:10px;}

                              #yiv9615497171 #yiv9615497171ygrp-mkp .yiv9615497171ad {
                              padding:0 0;}

                              #yiv9615497171 #yiv9615497171ygrp-mkp .yiv9615497171ad p {
                              margin:0;}

                              #yiv9615497171 #yiv9615497171ygrp-mkp .yiv9615497171ad a {
                              color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                              #yiv9615497171

                              wrote:

                              Hey folks!
                              I've decided to make a
                              version of this group over on
                              Facebook:
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/1385341145048771/

                              Jake, it seems
                              you are not on Facebook yet.  It sure would be nice to have
                              you posting in the new group, too.  ;)

                              The
                              same goes for anyone here who has not been added over there
                              yet.  Head on over and request a membership!
                              :)

                              Meanwhile,
                              this Yahoo Group will remain here indefinitely.  So if you
                              just refuse to be assimilated into FB, this will still be
                              here for you.  I just think the FB version will be much
                              more active - especially since Yahoo decided to show us all
                              how much they *don't* want us here with their recent
                              re-design.  :(

                              LVXAaron
                            • kheph777
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014

                                Resistance Is Futile.  You Will Be Assimilated.

                                -BORG

                              • kheph777
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 6, 2014
                                • keith johnson
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jun 8, 2014
                                    yes I have tired. I encourage everyone to continuously complain:

                                    I've made several complaints and after a time each complaint was responded to as that they are aware of the issue and they are working to fix it...but still after many months the issues continue.

                                    My main complaint is in the ability to search a group. When you click on a topic and then try to go back to your search you can't, you have to start all over and from there scroll down again. This is very problematic when trying to sift through a topic or key word that has hundreds of posts to it.

                                    To: solomonic@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jun 8, 2014
                                      Ran outside to check the moon!!!!

                                      On Friday, June 6, 2014 9:19 AM, "Jake Stratton-Kent jakestrattonkent@... [solomonic]" <solomonic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                      okay, okay :D

                                      I'm back on Farcebook (even though I am not over 30! The very idea!)

                                      Jake

                                      On 6 June 2014 13:52, kheph777@... [solomonic] <solomonic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                      From Kathy on FB:

                                      -----------
                                      Hey guys, Im here tell jake to get his ass over here to! Still luv u all!
                                      Love Kathy
                                      ------------

                                      LOL

                                    • Julio Cesar Ody
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jun 9, 2014
                                        Just give up on Yahoo.

                                        Since Google scared the lights out of them by grabbing their users wholesale with a superior product (Google Groups), the best they could do is react by attempting to make a cheaper copy of it. Which isn't surprising at all.

                                        They're neither aware, nor working on it. At least not at a rate that'll mean you'll see a good product anytime soon.

                                        To: solomonic@yahoogroups.com

                                          To: solomonic@yahoogroups.com
                                          Date: Friday, June 6, 2014, 4:54 AM

                                          --