Was: objectivism

  • James Verran
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2014
      Hey Aaron, thanks for the response. I decided to respond on your list because I started rambling, and I thought it might be better suited here.

      I'm sure there are some really interesting and intelligent people who identify as libertarians. I had many interesting (and frustrating at times) discussions with libertarians when the internet was new, and it helped shape my general view on the subject, and helped sharpen my thinking too. Ideally a 'libertarian' world would come about on it's own. Contemporary forms of government, laws and regulations made obsolete because people would be capable of governing themselves. That would require some growth of consciousness I think! I suspect some magical groups are working towards this kind of growth. I don't know how they would be able to distinguish any results though!

      Sometimes I think the world is changing, and sometimes I think the 'world' never changes and never will. Only we do. Like boot camp. For each graduate there's always some new recruits about to get their asses kicked!

      As for results oriented, practical magic, I'm a bit of a chicken-shit. Or maybe I'm just more of a mystic and practical magic just rubs my sensibilities the wrong way. I don't know. The more I study it, the more the borders begin to blur anyways. So maybe the big issue for me is motive, and where I'm coming from. Even performing a 'practical' tarot reading makes me feel uncomfortable. I read Peregrin's blog, and he sometimes challenges the ethics (and/or morality) of practical, everyday magic. I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on this. It's still a big question for me.

      James