Why are you practicing and what do you expect?

  • Julian
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2014
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2014
        good topic. The 'getting paid & laid' bias in much results magic is
        over-emphasised and often parrots the superficiality of mainstream
        culture, IMO.

        So, I'm not pursuing 'happiness' as such, in my world the work is more
        'meaning' focused. Results are incidental to a more 'ars gratia artis'
        approach, in which individual results are largely ephemeral, but
        cumulatively have lasting value in showing I'm on the right track in
        understanding magic. Meaning comes with the initiatory experiences of
        the work, the 'Mystery' embodied in the rites and practices; which is
        more emphasised in my mindset.

        Understanding the world magically, exploring 'eschatology' as a
        central but neglected theme in magic, this too is more about meaning.
        Even though 'individual eschatology' is generally understood as
        concerning happiness and personal wellbeing - in my approach this is
        not really the case. Life & Death are the twin poles of the magical
        universe, and involve meaning rather than happiness as such.

        Incidentally, a good proportion of my 'results' work concerns the
        wellbeing of friends, family and loved ones. Not very ooky-spooky for
        a goetic magician but that's how it is, true goetia concerns the
        bigger picture,

        http://www.underworldapothecary.com/

        On 2 January 2014 14:37, Julian <belfire1@...> wrote:
        > http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-01-meaningful-life-road-worth.html
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" is now available! Let me know what you think.
        > http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.htmlYahoo Groups Links

      • Bryan Garner
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2014
          Very well states Jake and definitely share much in common for motivation. Knowledge and the experience of interaction still hold the majority of motivation for me.

          Ash

          On Jan 2, 2014, at 8:01 AM, Jake Stratton-Kent <jakestrattonkent@...> wrote:

          good topic. The 'getting paid & laid' bias in much results magic is
          over-emphasised and often parrots the superficiality of mainstream
          culture, IMO.

          So, I'm not pursuing 'happiness' as such, in my world the work is more
          'meaning' focused. Results are incidental to a more 'ars gratia artis'
          approach, in which individual results are largely ephemeral, but
          cumulatively have lasting value in showing I'm on the right track in
          understanding magic. Meaning comes with the initiatory experiences of
          the work, the 'Mystery' embodied in the rites and practices; which is
          more emphasised in my mindset.

          Understanding the world magically, exploring 'eschatology' as a
          central but neglected theme in magic, this too is more about meaning.
          Even though 'individual eschatology' is generally understood as
          concerning happiness and personal wellbeing - in my approach this is
          not really the case. Life & Death are the twin poles of the magical
          universe, and involve meaning rather than happiness as such.

          Incidentally, a good proportion of my 'results' work concerns the
          wellbeing of friends, family and loved ones. Not very ooky-spooky for
          a goetic magician but that's how it is, true goetia concerns the
          bigger picture,

          http://www.underworldapothecary.com/

          On 2 January 2014 14:37, Julian <belfire1@...> wrote:
          > http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-01-meaningful-life-road-worth.html
          >

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" is now available! Let me know what you think.
          > http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.htmlYahoo Groups Links

        • cyber_god_hp
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 4, 2014

            i used to come into my inbox and see loads of messages from the group. nowadays it is so few. did the group change the location ? did something change? can anyone enlighten me?

          • kheph777
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 4, 2014

              Yahoo Groups basically crashed and burned after they made these *awful* updates to their system.  Messages were being lost in the moderation hold bins, some people were no longer able to post, others stopped getting the messages in their in box, etc, etc.  It's been a true clusterfuck.

              Things are starting to pick up again now, though.  So try starting a topic and see what happens.  :)

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 4, 2014

                some of the old stars are blogging now, some others have gone quiet (Kathy Mcdonald where are you?). OTOH lists like <ritual magic> have also gone very quiet. The GV list is still pretty active mind.

                But heck folks, make some posts - I don't read blogs very much, and email is still a great medium!

                ALWays

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 5, 2014
                  yeah Yahoo really screwed it up, archives are near impossible to use now too, greatly reducing the scope of these forums.

                  On 5 January 2014 07:59, Jake Stratton-Kent <jakestrattonkent@...> wrote:

                  some of the old stars are blogging now, some others have gone quiet (Kathy Mcdonald where are you?). OTOH lists like <ritual magic> have also gone very quiet. The GV list is still pretty active mind.

                  But heck folks, make some posts - I don't read blogs very much, and email is still a great medium!

                  ALWays

                  On 4 January 2014 18:37, <cyber_god_hp@...> wrote:

                  i used to come into my inbox and see loads of messages from the group. nowadays it is so few. did the group change the location ? did something change? can anyone enlighten me?

                • Brother Invulnerable
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 5, 2014
                    Hi this is bro I I have finished my grimiore and am calling one of it's 85 demons each day I started w the four kings amaimon etc then Lucifer, beelzebuth and satanachia then lucifuge and then Lilith. Today was agalierapt and tomorrow is fleruty and then sargatanas and nebiros and then the 72 spirits of the goetia. These spirits make the 85 I work with. In my work each demon is paired w an angel. I have been doing the work for 20 years but recently the kings and superiors have been helping me to revise my system and now that I can do the while ritual from memory my ability to enter a state of complete concentration has increased.

                    I was able to evoke satanachia without any tools simply by total concentration and complete re creation of every gesture every step every word of the ritual being an extension of my very soul.

                    I consider this a step only to be done after extreme practice. Also I have drawn every spirit in the book based on personal experience historical drawings or carvings or intuition to create a set of 85 illustrations in a fully illustrated and handwritten grimoire I hope to publish someday.

                    The act of calling one spirit per day despite the mental resistance is a powerful yogic act that years out the weak parts of the mage and causes them to be worthy of notice by the kings and rulers of the spirits. Anyway, just don't get much time to post, but I am here, doing the work. I love this forum! I have posted pics of my circle and tools and I want to see yours
                    Come on folks let's see those tools, and documents you been working on! Bro i

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 5, 2014
                      The reason why I practice is because asmoday came out of the book 20 years ago and tore open my third eye. I finally came to accept that I had been doing this for dozens of lives and there was no point in running from it. I learned to keep it a total secret and simply enjoy it's fascinating power. It changes my perspective, opens me to energies beyond this world and has produced stunning changes in my life when I really needed it and called it's power w all my being. The visions I have seen are phenomenal but I also understand it as a hypnotic process as well. And as very real communication w beings from another dimension. Bro i

                      On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 10:37 AM PST cyber_god_hp@... wrote:

                      >i used to come into my inbox and see loads of messages from the group. nowadays it is so few. did the group change the location ? did something change? can anyone enlighten me?
                    • sumbya pablo
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 23, 2014
                        depuis longtemps je declarais qu'il m'est impossible de comprendre l'anglais.quand il ya lieu veuillez tout traduire en francais pour ma meuilleur comprehension.