Anyone surive the Yahoo shift?

  • kheph777
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 21, 2013

      Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

      Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

    • Christopher Jacob Recording Device
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 21, 2013
        Still here!

        Chris

        On Saturday, September 21, 2013, wrote:

        Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

        Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

        "War will end when people refuse to fight"
        --Anonymous
      • Pax et LVX
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 21, 2013

          Present. Happy Equinox, all.

          On Sep 21, 2013 11:57 PM, <kheph777@...> wrote:

          Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

          Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

        • soror_ama2011
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 21, 2013

            Yeah I'm still here. Pretty ghastly isn't it? Posting to the Group itself has been an issue. Don't know if anyone else has had problems with it. Wish they had left it the way it was. I liked the old pictures on my groups, not the generic one they have now.

          • provenant@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 21, 2013

              Yeah ... my first post to the group to say that the change seems to be for change sake. Not a fan of the new interface at all.

              Somebody should bind the programmers. ;)

              --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, <solomonic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

              Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

            • righttheprophet
              Message 6 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013
                hi aaron,yes I do. however as I use my android mobile 90% of times to come here, now it has become extremely hard to see topics and post here. secondly, I see the picture of that famous church in russia as main page picture, is it also yahoo change, or you changed it!yours right
              • righttheprophet
                Message 7 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013

                   Hi Aaron,

                  Yes, I did. However I used my phone to check here 99% of times, but now it's become almost impossible to check it with phone or send a reply, so I may visit here less often..

                  second, I see the main page picture has changes to that famous church picture in Russia, was it yahoo or you who changes it! (oh, it's beautiful any way!)

                  Yours

                  Right

                  --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, <kheph777@...> wrote:

                  Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                  Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                • CT
                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013

                    I'm still here and reading.  Yes, the shift has been painful
                    if one uses the group site.  But,  using the group site is
                    getting easier and easier as Yahoo fixes problems associated
                    with it's new neo format.

                    CT

                  • gilbertostrapazon
                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013

                      Thanks for notice that Aaron.

                      I'm moderator at another groups, but they are not in the new format yet.

                      The only we observed was a many e-mails from members being lost and never arriving at the group, nor wherever else.

                      Some points in the new format may be really usefull, as a better reply box. I would like a better messages search. Despiste it is now on the top, I'm not sure how good it will be.

                      A negative point IMHO, is Yahoo show a list of groups a left side, even after I did a search in the current group. This is a Facebook idea and take space. May be good for other groups or for people who use many groups at once.

                      The photos area is better to look for too.

                      As I have not used it more, I will take a time to see what really changes.

                      Gilberto Strapazon

                      http://gilbertostrapazon.blogspot.com - Zenta - A Informática Esotérica
                      http://www.becodocrime.com.br - Contos de Terror e Ficção Fantástica
                      http://jd800center.blogspot.com - Roland JD800 site

                      --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, <kheph777@...> wrote:

                      Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                      Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                    • Me
                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013
                        I can't stand it....it's not easy searching through archives like before. They went backwards if you ask me, I hate it.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Sep 21, 2013, at 11:57 PM, <kheph777@...> wrote:

                        Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                        Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                      • heptameron1517
                        Message 11 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013
                          Hi Aaron,

                          I survived the shift!

                          LVX!
                          Dave
                        • proffesorhael

                            Message 13 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013

                              Well, I tried posting my first post to this group in reply, to say that as a longtime Yahoo groups user, the new interface sux. But, the post never showed up after it said it was submitted ...

                              So, that kinda sums it up, eh? ;)

                              --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, <solomonic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                              Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                              Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                            • Ιάκωβος
                              Message 14 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013
                                I think I got email from the list regularly. In the smartphone there is no difference. Haven't seen the laptop.

                                LVX

                                On 22 Σεπ 2013, at 6:57 π.μ., <kheph777@...> wrote:

                                Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                                Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                              • Gerardo Braham
                                Message 15 of 27 , Sep 22, 2013
                                  I am still here
                                  Gerardo

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Sep 23, 2013

                                      I'm still here, Aaron, although I haven't posted anything in a very long time.

                                      I'm slowly getting used to the new Groups layout (I moderate a few non-esoteric groups). The biggest flaw is that lots of the page is taken up with things that you only need occasionally, and the stuff you need when you're working on a Group is all bloomin' hidden. Still, it looks 'modern', so that's the main thing, I suppose. Grr.

                                      Anyway, apologies for the oasis of irrelevance in my desert of nono-posting.

                                      In L.V.X. and ill-considered font and layout changes.
                                      Andy

                                      --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, <solomonic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                      Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                                      Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                                    • Russell Kaye
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Sep 23, 2013
                                        I noticed the changes & I am here & silent at present

                                        R.

                                        ------------------------------
                                        On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 7:59 PM AEST bachontothis@... wrote:

                                        >I'm still here, Aaron, although I haven't posted anything in a very long time.

                                        >I'm slowly getting used to the new Groups layout (I moderate a few non-esoteric groups). The biggest flaw is that lots of the page is taken up with things that you only need occasionally, and the stuff you need when you're working on a Group is all bloomin' hidden. Still, it looks 'modern', so that's the main thing, I suppose. Grr.

                                        >Anyway, apologies for the oasis of irrelevance in my desert of nono-posting.

                                        >In L.V.X. and ill-considered font and layout  changes.
                                        >Andy
                                        >--- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, <solomonic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                        >Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                                        >Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                                        >LVX
                                        >Aaron

                                      • morgan80203

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Sep 23, 2013

                                            I am still here. We had Pagan Pride Day in Raleigh, NC this weekend, so our lives have been engulfed in that. But wanted to respond to your head count. Yeah, the site looks weird now :-/

                                            In LVX,

                                            Magus

                                            www.thaumaturgy777.com

[...]

                                          • Ashen Chassan
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Sep 23, 2013
                                              My Yahoo was completely freaking out for the last several days and i couldn't even access it till just now.

                                              Sent from my iPad

                                              On Sep 21, 2013, at 9:57 PM, <kheph777@...> wrote:

                                              Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                                              Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                                            • Ken

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Sep 23, 2013

                                                  Me too.
                                                  I like that groups connet right above my mail (wow after 20 years of owning Egroups?). I hate the new format. Its just awkward for Mods, much less for the rest of you or me in groups I just post on.

                                                  The switch back to mail just makes me sound ye olde eh?

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Sep 24, 2013

                                                    Hi Aaron,

                                                    Yes, I'm still here trying to follow the new format  :(

                                                    H.D.

                                                    ---In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, <solomonic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                                    Uh....  is anyone left out there?  :)

                                                    Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                                                  • Raptor 69n
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Sep 25, 2013
                                                      Still here would be nice to have a little input when they want to change something. Pagan pride day in Savannah Ga coming up Sat .28th. Have a good day!

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Sep 29, 2013
                                                        I was going to say something funny, but decided to answer the question instead.
                                                        Yes. I'm still here.

                                                        Those of you who participate via email probably didn't notice, but Yahoo just made a *major* overhaul of their Groups format.  It has its good points, but right now it is quite alien.  And since no one has posted since that big shift, I wanted to know if anyone was still out there.  lol

                                                      • desi.magia