Re: [Solomonic] Sex and the Angels

  • Erin Portabaen
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31 7:57 PM
      Not sure why you're so defensive. I was simply wondering if there was a correlation.Crowley was nuts. We know that. Never said that intimate magic had a negative connotation. Just wondered if there was a connection. Relax bro.

      ------------------------------
      On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 3:51 AM PDT Jake Stratton-Kent wrote:

      >Really should have replied to this thread when started, as it has only
      >got worse since.
      >
      >So magic boosts your libido - gotta be evu-ul then I guess: Crowley,
      >demons etc. PHOOEY!!!
      >
      >Personally I find these reactions tell us more about some magician's
      >failure to deal with adverse social programming. Sex bad, spirits bad
      >- geez! That's magic is it?
      >
      >Try a little yogic energy work; reroute the energy magic gives you to
      >a higher chakra than the groin/muladhara. Also stop blaming spirits
      >for your shortcomings, they've been part of this tradition a darn
      >sight longer than you have, and might help you if you grow up a
      >little.
      >
      >ALWays
      >
      >Jake
      >
      >Jake
      >
      >http://www.underworldapothecary.com/
      >

      >On 29 August 2013 04:10, Noah Won <seermagician@...> wrote:
      >> What little I know of sex magic (and you're right; Crowley did practice sex magic and did become a nut job), it uses sexual energies to accomplish magical objectives, BUT the objectives I've seen all seem to somehow be feeding the sex energies to spirits for unknown purposes.
      >> I understand your attraction to the practice; I've felt it, too, and am sure that said attraction is an insertion from those spirits capable of absorbing human sexual energies. Possibly Venusian spirits, but not necessarily limited to them. Personally, considering how Dee ended up, I question whether the "angels" he worked with were angelic at all.
      >> Demons lie, and used to be angels. It wouldn't be hard for them to impersonate an angel.
      >> Donald Michael Kraig wrote a book on Modern Sex Magic http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Modern%20Sex%20Magic%2C%20by%20Donald%20Michael%20Kraig Maybe that would be a place to begin your explorations.
      >>

      >> ________________________________

    • Ian Rees
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2013
        I don’t think he’s being defensive- you’re the one making sweeping and unsupported assertions about Crowley’s work and by association suggestions that sexuality and magic can drive you mad. What are you relying on in this lucid analysis of Crowley’s  mental state?

        Ian Rees

        Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2013 3:57 AM
        Subject: Re: [Solomonic] Sex and the Angels

        Not sure why you're so defensive. I was simply wondering if there was a correlation.Crowley was nuts. We know that. Never said that intimate magic had a negative connotation. Just wondered if there was a connection. Relax bro.

        ------------------------------
        On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 3:51 AM PDT Jake Stratton-Kent wrote:

        >Really should
        have replied to this thread when started, as it has only
        >got worse
        since.

        >So magic boosts your libido - gotta be evu-ul then I
        guess: Crowley,
        >demons etc. PHOOEY!!!
        >
        >Personally I find
        these reactions tell us more about some magician's
        >failure to deal with
        adverse social programming. Sex bad, spirits bad
        >- geez! That's magic is
        it?

        >Try a little yogic energy work; reroute the energy magic
        gives you to
        >a higher chakra than the groin/muladhara. Also stop blaming
        spirits
        >for your shortcomings, they've been part of this tradition a
        darn
        >sight longer than you have, and might help you if you grow up
        >little.
        >
        >ALWays
        >
        >Jake
        >
        >Jake
        >
        >http://www.underworldapothecary.com/
        >

        >On
        29 August 2013 04:10, Noah Won <seermagician@...> wrote:

        What little I know of sex magic (and you're right; Crowley did practice sex magic and did become a nut job), it uses sexual energies to accomplish magical objectives, BUT the objectives I've seen all seem to somehow be feeding the sex energies to spirits for unknown purposes.
        >> I understand your
        attraction to the practice; I've felt it, too, and am sure that said attraction is an insertion from those spirits capable of absorbing human sexual energies. Possibly Venusian spirits, but not necessarily limited to them. Personally, considering how Dee ended up, I question whether the "angels" he worked with were angelic at all.
        >> Demons lie, and used to be angels. It wouldn't
        be hard for them to impersonate an angel.
        >> Donald Michael Kraig wrote
        a book on Modern Sex Magic http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Modern%20Sex%20Magic%2C%20by%20Donald%20Michael%20Kraig Maybe that would be a place to begin your explorations.

        ________________________________
        >> From: Erin Portabaen
        <erin946@...>

        portions of this message have been removed]

        >> [Non-text
        portions of this message have been removed]

      • Christopher Jacob Recording Device
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 5, 2013
          I think it's always important to remember that correlations are not causes Crowley had his issues but I think attributing his use of sex in magical workings to his personal quirkiness is challenging to put it charitably.

          Sex magic isn't bad, sexual desire isn't bad it's what you do with it and how you channel it that matters. IMO.

          Chris

          --
          "War will end when people refuse to fight"
          --Anonymous
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 5, 2013
            --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Erin Portabaen <erin946@...> wrote:

            > Not sure why you're so defensive. I was simply wondering if there was a correlation.Crowley was nuts. We know that. Never said that intimate magic had a negative connotation. Just wondered if there was a connection. Relax bro.

            Crowley also drank tea, ate meat, used drugs, wrote books and poetry. When he was a child, he drank milk, too.

            Is there a connection between these things and his actions? I don't know. What I DO know is that correlation is not causation. Just because a person does one thing doesn't mean it cause another UNLESS you can show proof of it.

            Also, I don't know what you mean by "nuts," nor do I agree with your statement that "we know that" implying that this meaningless term, "nuts," is believed by all.

            Do you mean by "nuts" that he was a genius? Then I'd agree. Do you mean by "nuts" that he was disruptive to the lives of people around him? Then I'd agree. Do you mean by "nuts" that he was an excellent chess player? I'd agree. Do you mean by "nuts" that he knew occult theory inside and out? I'd agree. Do you mean by "nuts" that he could be sociopathic and vindictive? Again, I agree. Do you mean by "nuts" that he had a mental disease of some kind? There's no evidence to support that. Besides, I'm not a doctor (and by your use of the term "nuts" rather than an actual diagnosis I'm going to assume you are not a doctor, either), so it would be illegal for me to make a diagnosis (practicing medicine without a license).

            So no, I don't agree that he was "nuts" because you haven't made clear what you mean by that.
          • Matt Burns
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 6, 2013
              Don't think I've seen any real evidence that Crowley was nuts. Where is this documented?

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 6, 2013
                On 1 September 2013 03:57, Erin Portabaen <erin946@...> wrote:
                > Not sure why you're so defensive. I was simply wondering if there was a correlation.Crowley was nuts. We know that. Never said that intimate magic had a negative connotation. Just wondered if there was a connection. Relax bro.

                actually 'bro', this isn't defensive its *aggressive* - you asked for
                thoughts, don't bitch if they don't consist of applause. I won't tear
                folks down over so called 'noob questions', or having a different
                opinion. But having *no opinion* and mouthing off, I call BS. Can't
                wait to see links to your Crowley eclipsing masterpiece btw.

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 6, 2013
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Thoth_(Crowley)

                  that alone represents a massive creative and intellectual project
                  completed three years before he died. Clearly, whatever else he was,
                  he was capable and articulate. I stop this side of idolatry but to
                  under-state his talent & importance - especially over the subject of
                  sex - is to leave yourself open to suspicion of superficiality and
                  having unresolved issues.

                  Jake

                  http://www.underworldapothecary.com/

                  On 6 September 2013 11:34, Jake Stratton-Kent
                  <jakestrattonkent@...> wrote:
                  > On 1 September 2013 03:57, Erin Portabaen <erin946@...> wrote:
                  >> Not sure why you're so defensive. I was simply wondering if there was a correlation.Crowley was nuts. We know that. Never said that intimate magic had a negative connotation. Just wondered if there was a connection. Relax bro.
                  >
                  > actually 'bro', this isn't defensive its *aggressive* - you asked for
                  > thoughts, don't bitch if they don't consist of applause. I won't tear
                  > folks down over so called 'noob questions', or having a different
                  > opinion. But having *no opinion* and mouthing off, I call BS. Can't
                  > wait to see links to your Crowley eclipsing masterpiece btw.
                  >
                  > ALWays
                  >
                  > Jake
                • absintheskin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2013

                    Erin wrote: <i>This is the workings from John Dee and Edward Kelley. I assumed because it was strictly angelic magic it would prove to have a different kind of effect, yet even in just having read the words, I find myself led to (complete accident mind you, not planned at all) to two separate men who again, had I not willed myself away could have potentially led to something more physical.  Is there something regarding sex, wait- not just 'sex', but like impulsion and the NEED to fulfill a physical requirement that is associated with this kind of practice?</i>

                    I've been working with Enochian material all summer, and this hasn't come up for me at all.

                    My advice is to either make all the temple furniture and not take short-cuts, or else to use a different system.

                    Layo

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 10, 2013
                      On 6 September 2013 00:37, Donald Michael <dmkraig@...> wrote:

                      > Crowley also drank tea, ate meat, used drugs, wrote books and poetry. When he was a child, he drank milk, too.

                      Hi DMK,

                      also - by his account - Crowley once tried a teaspoonful of beer, but
                      didn't like it. ;)

                      ALWays

                      JSK