Intelligences of the 150 psalms.

  • machucaalejandro@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2013
      Hello, some days back i was surfing in the page of the Bibliothèque nationale de France, and found in one manuscript, after a translation of the picatrix, a text (dated 1787) called "Clef des clavicules de Salomon, des 150 Psaumes de David, avec les caractères de tous les génies ou esprits qui président dans les opérations miraculeuses" containing the name, character and office of the 150 intelligences of the psalms.

      http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b90613825

      There is another version of the same text (next to a copy of the french version of the Abramelin book) dated in the XIX century, but this version have the sigils changed.
      This are the names of the firs six intelligences, this names are almost the same in the other version, with some minor changes (like, Magnam for Magan):

      Ps. 1: Elpad
      Ps. 2: Gholam
      Ps. 3: Magan
      Ps. 4: Ha
      Ps. 5: Camiel
      Ps. 6: Isii

      There is more info out there about this text, or a previous tradition in this intelligences?
    • AaronL
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2013
        Very interesting! I would love to see a full translation of this text!

        I note the 72 Shem haMephoresh Names are given at the end - each with a Psalm verse. I wonder if this was Mathers' source for his writings on the Shem...? Later I'll have to compare the Psalm verses he gives against this text.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
          Unfortunately my french is very poor, but i am doing a summary of the text, the attributions of the psalms are much the same as the traditional one, like psalm 1 against enemies, etc...
          I have finals in my university so i have paused all the occult work till after the exams (u.u)

          About the psalm of the Shem haMephoresh, i was comparing with the version of the golden dawn (G.D.) against the "Clavicule" (C), this are just some of the angels, after the exams i am going to finish the complete list... :3

          01. Ps. 3: 4 (G.D.) - Ps. 3: 4 (C.)
          02. Ps. 22:20 (G.D.) - Ps. 21:21 (C.)
          03. Ps. 91: 2 (G.D.) - Ps. 90. 2 (C.)
          04. Ps. 6: 5 (G.D.) - Ps. 6: 5 (C.)
          05. Ps. 34: 5 (G.D.) - Ps. 32: 5 (C.)
          06. Ps. 9:12 (G.D.) - Ps. 9: 2 (C.)
          07. Ps. 103: 8 (G.D.) - Ps. 102: 8 (C.)
          08. Ps. 95: 6 (G.D.) - Ps. 94: 6 (C.)
          09. Ps. 25: 6 (G.D.) - Ps. 24: 6 (C.)
          10. Ps. 33:22 (G.D.) - Ps. 32:22 (C.)

          70. Gn. 1: 1 (G.D.) - Gn. 1: 6 (C.)

          Many of the discrepancies are because the different numeration of the psalms,Latin and Greek numeration against Hebrew numeration like in the psalm of the third angel, 91:2 in the Latin numeration, 90:2 in the Hebrew numeration:

          Ps. 91:2 "Dicet Domino: "Refugium meum et fortitudo mea, Deus meus, sperabo in eum" "

          But others, like 5 and 70, are completely different verses numbers. In the case of the fifth angel, the number are different but the verse is the same as in G. D., so maybe is just an error of the copyist

          Ps. 34:5: "(Daleth) Exquisivi Dominum, et exaudivit me et ex omnibus terroribus meis eripuit me."

          The verse of Labamiah (70) is not write in the manuscript, so i cant know if it is a different verse or just another error.

          The numbers of the verseare from "the Kabbalah of the Golden Dawn" by Pat Zalewski, and the text of the psalms are from the official Catholic text of the Nova Vulgata.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
            I just begin to do a transcription of the text of the "Clef", maybe if a friend help i am going to make a translation...
            wish me luck... ^m^

            --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "AaronL" <kheph777@...> wrote:

            > Very interesting! I would love to see a full translation of this text!
            >
            > I note the 72 Shem haMephoresh Names are given at the end - each with a Psalm verse. I wonder if this was Mathers' source for his writings on the Shem...? Later I'll have to compare the Psalm verses he gives against this text.
            >
            > LVX
            > Aaron
          • AaronL
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
              VERY good work!

              After your exams, I hope you can give us a full comparison of the two sources. :)

              --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "machucaalejandro@..." <nrisimha@...> wrote:

              > Unfortunately my french is very poor, but i am doing a summary of the text, the attributions of the psalms are much the same as the traditional one, like psalm 1 against enemies, etc...
              > I have finals in my university so i have paused all the occult work till after the exams (u.u)
              >
              > About the psalm of the Shem haMephoresh, i was comparing with the version of the golden dawn (G.D.) against the "Clavicule" (C), this are just some of the angels, after the exams i am going to finish the complete list... :3
              >
              > 01. Ps. 3: 4 (G.D.) - Ps. 3: 4 (C.)
              > 02. Ps. 22:20 (G.D.) - Ps. 21:21 (C.)
              > 03. Ps. 91: 2 (G.D.) - Ps. 90. 2 (C.)
              > 04. Ps. 6: 5 (G.D.) - Ps. 6: 5 (C.)
              > 05. Ps. 34: 5 (G.D.) - Ps. 32: 5 (C.)
              > 06. Ps. 9:12 (G.D.) - Ps. 9: 2 (C.)
              > 07. Ps. 103: 8 (G.D.) - Ps. 102: 8 (C.)
              > 08. Ps. 95: 6 (G.D.) - Ps. 94: 6 (C.)
              > 09. Ps. 25: 6 (G.D.) - Ps. 24: 6 (C.)
              > 10. Ps. 33:22 (G.D.) - Ps. 32:22 (C.)
              >
              > 70. Gn. 1: 1 (G.D.) - Gn. 1: 6 (C.)
              >
              > Many of the discrepancies are because the different numeration of the psalms,Latin and Greek numeration against Hebrew numeration like in the psalm of the third angel, 91:2 in the Latin numeration, 90:2 in the Hebrew numeration:
              >
              > Ps. 91:2 "Dicet Domino: "Refugium meum et fortitudo mea, Deus meus, sperabo in eum" "
              >
              > But others, like 5 and 70, are completely different verses numbers. In the case of the fifth angel, the number are different but the verse is the same as in G. D., so maybe is just an error of the copyist
              >
              > Ps. 34:5: "(Daleth) Exquisivi Dominum, et exaudivit me et ex omnibus terroribus meis eripuit me."
              >
              > The verse of Labamiah (70) is not write in the manuscript, so i cant know if it is a different verse or just another error.

              > The numbers of the verseare from "the Kabbalah of the Golden Dawn" by Pat Zalewski, and the text of the psalms are from the official Catholic text of the Nova Vulgata.
              >
              > --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "AaronL" <kheph777@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Very interesting! I would love to see a full translation of this text!
              > >
              > > I note the 72 Shem haMephoresh Names are given at the end - each with a Psalm verse. I wonder if this was Mathers' source for his writings on the Shem...? Later I'll have to compare the Psalm verses he gives against this text.
              > >
              > > LVX
              > > Aaron

            • AaronL
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
                Please keep us updated!

                Oh, and if you get it translated, I would love to get you in touch with Avalonia publishing. They've been putting out a lot of recently translated obscure grimoires over the last few years - they might be interested in publishing this one.

                --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "machucaalejandro@..." <nrisimha@...> wrote:

                > I just begin to do a transcription of the text of the "Clef", maybe if a friend help i am going to make a translation...
                > wish me luck... ^m^
                >
                > --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, "AaronL" <kheph777@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Very interesting! I would love to see a full translation of this text!
                > >
                > > I note the 72 Shem haMephoresh Names are given at the end - each with a Psalm verse. I wonder if this was Mathers' source for his writings on the Shem...? Later I'll have to compare the Psalm verses he gives against this text.
                > >
                > > LVX
                > > Aaron

              • Poussin Felix
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
                  hello
                  i am a french man
                  key = Clef

                  Objet: [Solomonic] Re: Intelligences of the 150 psalms.
                  À: solomonic@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Vendredi 19 juillet 2013, 22h45

                  "AaronL" <kheph777@...> wrote:

                  > Very interesting!  I would love to see a full
                  translation of this text!

                  > I note the 72 Shem haMephoresh Names are given at the
                  end - each with a Psalm verse.  I wonder if this was
                  Mathers' source for his writings on the Shem...?  Later
                  I'll have to compare the Psalm verses he gives against this
                  text.

                  > LVX
                  > Aaron

                  "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" is now available!
                  Let me know what you think.
                  http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.htmlYahoo!
                  Groups Links

                      solomonic-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                • Carlos-Antonio Barraza
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
                    The psalm verses are the virtues relative to the sigil