Re: [Solomonic] Working with the fair folk

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 2013
      you might try

      http://www.hadeanpress.com/portfolio/the-mirror-of-elicona/

      also Reginald Scot & my Geosophia. These show the affinities and
      mergings of 'folk magic' and the grimoires, and refer directly to
      fairy lore.

      http://www.underworldapothecary.com/

      On 19 March 2013 02:20, SaraA <mabonwy@...> wrote:
      > I used to be on this list and recently re-joined...while looking through old e-mails (from last year) I saw a conversation I missed at the time about a grimoire in the Folger Library which described summoning Oberon, and people mentioned other sources of grimoire magic to do with fairy folk.
      >
      > This is RIGHT up my alley. Mostly in my experience they show up when they feel like it...but I am interested in learning more as always. Someone mentioned working with Queen Mab. Any suggestions about specific rituals, approaches, sources?
      >
      > thanks in advance,
      >
      > Sara

    • Serpentis Satori
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 19, 2013
        I actually have been working a fair deal with Oberon.I'm willing to answer specific questions but haven't gotten around to completing a Ritual for him yet.

        Unlike most spirits its easier to just make the offering, and summon with wand (no steel AT ALL) and no Triangle either.

        you might try

        http://www.hadeanpress.com/portfolio/the-mirror-of-elicona/

        also Reginald Scot & my Geosophia. These show the affinities and

        mergings of 'folk magic' and the grimoires, and refer directly to

        fairy lore.

        http://www.underworldapothecary.com/

        On 19 March 2013 02:20, SaraA <mabonwy@...> wrote:

        > I used to be on this list and recently re-joined...while looking through old e-mails (from last year) I saw a conversation I missed at the time about a grimoire in the Folger Library which described summoning Oberon, and people mentioned other sources of grimoire magic to do with fairy folk.

        > This is RIGHT up my alley. Mostly in my experience they show up when they feel like it...but I am interested in learning more as always. Someone mentioned working with Queen Mab. Any suggestions about specific rituals, approaches, sources?

        > thanks in advance,

        > Sara

      • solsticewooddragon
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 23, 2013
          Well, to start with the totally superficial...

          Does he look at all like the version drawn by Fred Hockley? :)

          LVX,

          Terry

          --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori <serpentsatori@...> wrote:

          > I actually have been working a fair deal with Oberon.I'm willing to answer specific questions but haven't gotten around to completing a Ritual for him yet.
          >
          > Unlike most spirits its easier to just make the offering, and summon with wand (no steel AT ALL) and no Triangle either.

          > you might try
          >

          > http://www.hadeanpress.com/portfolio/the-mirror-of-elicona/
          >

          > also Reginald Scot & my Geosophia. These show the affinities and
          >
          > mergings of 'folk magic' and the grimoires, and refer directly to
          >
          > fairy lore.
          >

          > ALWays
          >

          > Jake
          >

          > http://www.underworldapothecary.com/
          >

          > On 19 March 2013 02:20, SaraA <mabonwy@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I used to be on this list and recently re-joined...while looking through old e-mails (from last year) I saw a conversation I missed at the time about a grimoire in the Folger Library which described summoning Oberon, and people mentioned other sources of grimoire magic to do with fairy folk.
          >

          > > This is RIGHT up my alley. Mostly in my experience they show up when they feel like it...but I am interested in learning more as always. Someone mentioned working with Queen Mab. Any suggestions about specific rituals, approaches, sources?
          >

          > > thanks in advance,
          >

          > > Sara

        • Serpentis Satori
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 23, 2013
            Nope.More like the Oberon in the Gargoyles Cartoon.