Re: [Solomonic] Re: The Mojo Bean

  • Desi Magia
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 10, 2013
      I agree with you.
      Thanks for being so sincere with me. All those beans I can buy them locally. However, there are some things which cannot be found that easily...
      Take that black cat bone? I have seen it as a powder, sometimes as an oil. I just wondered why they called it Black cat Bone. But in Africa, you can get any real things you need. I decided to make myself a mojo back, but I wanted real Black cat bones. What I did was get one of my followers to get me dead black cat remove all the bones and sent them to me.
      So I have a large back full of real black cat bones.
      I tok that Mojo bag with me, and the way I got people coming to me with money for different services was simply ... I have nt played the lottery yet.
      I visit the lovely city of Schenectady ( New York State)each year, where there is a chapter of my Order. I'll try it there.
      Anyway. anyone who wants a real Black Cat Bone for their Mojo Bag should contact me.
      R. Desi

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 15, 2013
        The black cat bone thing comes from the Grimoire of St Cyprian. It is not
        just any bone from a black cat, a black cat is boiled alive and - the whole
        procedure is given on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/blackcat.html

        (The page I had in the past of the grimoire does not seem to exist anymore.)

        This procedure breaks animal cruelty laws in every USA jurisdiction, and
        there are other ways to obtain invisibility, which is what the curio is
        for.

        - Mike

      • AaronL
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 15, 2013
          I don't have a copy of Cyprian on hand - maybe someone else here does and can confirm for us. But I note that the quote given from the grimoire on the Lucky Mojo page does not mention boiling the cat *alive*. It just says to boil the body. The "alive" part seems to come from Hoodoo tradition rather than the grimoire.

          --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Mike Rock <mikerockatx@...> wrote:

          > The black cat bone thing comes from the Grimoire of St Cyprian. It is not
          > just any bone from a black cat, a black cat is boiled alive and - the whole
          > procedure is given on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/blackcat.html
          >
          > (The page I had in the past of the grimoire does not seem to exist anymore.)
          >
          > This procedure breaks animal cruelty laws in every USA jurisdiction, and
          > there are other ways to obtain invisibility, which is what the curio is
          > for.
          >
          > - Mike
          >

          > On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Desi Magia <desi.magia@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I agree with you.
          > > Thanks for being so sincere with me. All those beans I can buy them
          > > locally. However, there are some things which cannot be found that easily...
          > > Take that black cat bone? I have seen it as a powder, sometimes as an oil.
          > > I just wondered why they called it Black cat Bone. But in Africa, you can
          > > get any real things you need. I decided to make myself a mojo back, but I
          > > wanted real Black cat bones. What I did was get one of my followers to get
          > > me dead black cat remove all the bones and sent them to me.
          > > So I have a large back full of real black cat bones.
          > > I tok that Mojo bag with me, and the way I got people coming to me with
          > > money for different services was simply ... I have nt played the lottery
          > > yet.
          > > I visit the lovely city of Schenectady ( New York State)each year, where
          > > there is a chapter of my Order. I'll try it there.
          > > Anyway. anyone who wants a real Black Cat Bone for their Mojo Bag should
          > > contact me.
          > > R. Desi
          > >

          > > ________________________________

        • Desi Magia
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 17, 2013
            I still think the ones I have will do the business, since they are black cat bones, even though this one was not boiled alive. A black cat is a black cat no matter how the bones are obtained. I could never accept for a cat to be tortured in such a way. But I bet the recipe in the grimoire of St Cyprian is not for alucky mojo, is it? What exactly are the bones needed for in that ritual for the cat to be boiled alive? Who could stoop to such cruelty anyway?

            ________________________________
            The black cat bone thing comes from the Grimoire of St Cyprian. It is not
            just any bone from a black cat, a black cat is boiled alive and - the whole
            procedure is given on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/blackcat.html

            (The page I had in the past of the grimoire does not seem to exist anymore.)

            This procedure breaks animal cruelty laws in every USA jurisdiction, and
            there are other ways to obtain invisibility, which is what the curio is
            for.

            - Mike

            On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Desi Magia <desi.magia@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I agree with you.
            > Thanks for being so sincere with me. All those beans I can buy them
            > locally. However, there are some things which cannot be found that easily...
            > Take that black cat bone? I have seen it as a powder, sometimes as an oil.
            > I just wondered why they called it Black cat Bone. But in Africa, you can
            > get any real things you need. I decided to make myself a mojo back, but I
            > wanted real Black cat bones. What I did was get one of my followers to get
            > me dead black cat remove all the bones and sent them to me.
            > So I have a large back full of real black cat bones.
            > I tok that Mojo bag with me, and the way I got people coming to me with
            > money for different services was simply ... I have nt played the lottery
            > yet.
            > I visit the lovely city of Schenectady ( New York State)each year, where
            > there is a chapter of my Order. I'll try it there.
            > Anyway. anyone who wants a real Black Cat Bone for their Mojo Bag should
            > contact me.
            > R. Desi
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Desi Magia
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 17, 2013
              Ah! I thought that could not be right. boil the dead body, yest, in order to loosed the bones from the flesh... But boil it alive?

              ________________________________

              --- In mailto:solomonic%40yahoogroups.com, Mike Rock <mikerockatx@...> wrote:

              > The black cat bone thing comes from the Grimoire of St Cyprian. It is not
              > just any bone from a black cat, a black cat is boiled alive and - the whole
              > procedure is given on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/blackcat.html
              >
              > (The page I had in the past of the grimoire does not seem to exist anymore.)
              >
              > This procedure breaks animal cruelty laws in every USA jurisdiction, and
              > there are other ways to obtain invisibility, which is what the curio is
              > for.
              >
              > - Mike
              >

              > On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Desi Magia <desi.magia@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > I agree with you.
              > > Thanks for being so sincere with me. All those beans I can buy them
              > > locally. However, there are some things which cannot be found that easily...
              > > Take that black cat bone? I have seen it as a powder, sometimes as an oil.
              > > I just wondered why they called it Black cat Bone. But in Africa, you can
              > > get any real things you need. I decided to make myself a mojo back, but I
              > > wanted real Black cat bones. What I did was get one of my followers to get
              > > me dead black cat remove all the bones and sent them to me.
              > > So I have a large back full of real black cat bones.
              > > I tok that Mojo bag with me, and the way I got people coming to me with
              > > money for different services was simply ... I have nt played the lottery
              > > yet.
              > > I visit the lovely city of Schenectady ( New York State)each year, where
              > > there is a chapter of my Order. I'll try it there.
              > > Anyway. anyone who wants a real Black Cat Bone for their Mojo Bag should
              > > contact me.
              > > R. Desi
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • AaronL
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 17, 2013
                I totally agree about the cat, of oourse. But I wouldn't personally say that how a tool is obtained isn't important. As we see with many grimoire tools, the way you obtain or make the tool is ritualized and important to the tools's consecration.

                So boiling the cat's body (forgetting about the aweful idea of boiling a cat alive) is surely to loosen the flesh from the bones, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its occult significance as well. (For example, it might be in immitation of how a sacrifice was made to particular Gods in pagan traditions.) And on the other hand, there may be something especially discordant about how the cat, whose bones you have, was killed.

                Having said all of that, I'm not saying one shouldn't use the bones as you intend. Only that it is a substition, which always has its drawbacks. Fortunately, its a substition that outweighs finding a dead black cat to boil...

                --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Desi Magia <desi.magia@...> wrote:

                > I still think the ones I have will do the business, since they are black cat bones, even though this one was not boiled alive. A black cat is a black cat no matter how the bones are obtained. I could never accept for a cat to be tortured in such a way. But I bet the recipe in the grimoire of St Cyprian is not for alucky mojo, is it? What exactly are the bones needed for in that ritual for the cat to be boiled alive? Who could stoop to such cruelty anyway?
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Rob
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 18, 2013
                  Oral tradition holds that the cat was boiled alive as one prayed to the Devil... it's a Satanist sort of thing, at least in hoodoo.

                  I am not familiar with the grimoire of St. Cyprian, but there are at least three options:

                  - it was a grimoire from the early Modern period, designed to shock and titillate jaded readers rather that do magic;
                  - it was a procedure from the Medieval/scholastic tradition, where the Doctrine of Signatures was used to determine that a cat used a physical property to stay hidden;
                  - it was a procedure from the PGM days, and it was specified that the cat had to be deified by drowning (a common means of sacrifice) and the 'boiling' part was added because that's the easiest way to get the flesh off the bones.

                  Take your pick :)

                  All the best,

                  Zadkiel