Re: [Solomonic] Lord Pelech vs Jesus?

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
      On 31 January 2013 05:35, Akubata <fbsf2004@...> wrote:
      > And while we are at it, what’s your take on the Grimoire of
      > Armadel?

      Mathers let us down on this one, the grimoire takes its name from a
      ritual which he did not include (the big plate at the beginning
      illustrates this ritual). Probably it was missing from the MS he used.

      http://www.underworld-apothecary.com/
    • Scott Rassbach
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi All,

        I lurk a lot, and don't post much. However, I did see the "Lord Pelech"
        comment, and came across this:
        http://acrostic.me/blessing/pelech#eph.6.11,prov.30.5,ps.19.14,prov.30.5,jas.5.16,john.3.18

        Digging deeper, I also found out the Pelech (פלח) is a Hebrew word, which
        as far as I can tell means 'slice' or 'segment' or also 'farmer'. One of
        the places I found it used was the Sefer Pelech haRimmon. Translation of
        this seems to be "Slice of Pomegranate". I found the book in Hebrew on
        Amazon, but have no idea what the book is about. There does not appear to
        be an English translation.

        http://www.amazon.com/Sefer-Pelech-haRimmon-Hebrew-Betzalel/dp/B00166S3E2/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359740180&sr=1-3

        That's all I can find at the moment. Perhaps a Hebrew speaking person can
        tell us more.

        Scott Rassbach

        On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Jake Stratton-Kent <
        jakestrattonkent@...> wrote:

        > On 31 January 2013 05:35, Akubata <fbsf2004@...> wrote:
        > > And while we are at it, what’s your take on the Grimoire of
        > > Armadel?
        >
        > Mathers let us down on this one, the grimoire takes its name from a
        > ritual which he did not include (the big plate at the beginning
        > illustrates this ritual). Probably it was missing from the MS he used.
        >
        > ALWays
        >
        > Jake
        >
        > http://www.underworld-apothecary.com/

      • Adam Sod
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
          The word sounds to be a Hebrew word, which means 'spindle' as in a textile instrument. Now sure how this refers to Yeshua. Maybe Gal Sofer can tell us more.

          AdamSod72

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
            Hey Jake

            I've been wanting to see that missing ritual myself. Do we have access to it?

            --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Jake Stratton-Kent wrote:

            > On 31 January 2013 05:35, Akubata wrote:
            > > And while we are at it, what's your take on the Grimoire of
            > > Armadel?
            >
            > Mathers let us down on this one, the grimoire takes its name from a
            > ritual which he did not include (the big plate at the beginning
            > illustrates this ritual). Probably it was missing from the MS he used.
            >
            > ALWays
            >
            > Jake
            >
            > http://www.underworld-apothecary.com/

          • Tommy Allen
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
              Jesus' mystical or magickal Name is YHSVH (YaHShUaH).

            • AaronL
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                Actually, Yeshuah is simply Jesus' name in Hebrew. ;) The concept of the Pentagrammaton didn't even come along until the Middle Ages or Renaissance.

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                  it is included in True Grimoire, and resembles one of the rites in the
                  Supernatural Secrets of the GV.

                  (perhaps I should put less info in my books?)

                  Always

                  Jake

                  On 1 February 2013 20:54, AaronL <kheph777@...> wrote:
                  > Hey Jake
                  >
                  > I've been wanting to see that missing ritual myself. Do we have access to it?
                  >
                  > LVX
                  > Aaron
                  >
                  > --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Jake Stratton-Kent wrote:
                  >>
                  >> On 31 January 2013 05:35, Akubata wrote:
                  >> > And while we are at it, what's your take on the Grimoire of
                  >> > Armadel?
                  >>
                  >> Mathers let us down on this one, the grimoire takes its name from a
                  >> ritual which he did not include (the big plate at the beginning
                  >> illustrates this ritual). Probably it was missing from the MS he used.
                  >>
                  >> ALWays
                  >>
                  >> Jake
                  >>
                  >> http://www.underworld-apothecary.com/

                  http://www.underworld-apothecary.com/
                • joe smuckers
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                    I've been reading a book by a Jungian author about the parts of the soul  eg. the Ba, Ka, and Akh from Egypt and the Hun, P'o, and Shen respectively from China.  These seem to correpsond to the Jungian archetypes of Ego, Shadow, and Self.  Does anybody know much about the idea of chi, or prana in western traditons?  What did the alchemists call this mysterious force?  I think we in the modern world would simply call it attention.  Anybody care to comment?

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                      I just went to Amazon to *finally* buy a copy - and they say it is out of print, and they don't appear to have any on hand. :( Should I contact Scarlet Imprint, or you do perhaps have a copy or two?

                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                        Greetings!

                        In the West, we refer to these things via their Qabalistic names: Neshamah, Ruach and Nephesh.

                        And the universal life-force, which can be invoked and directed by magicians, is called LVX (Light).

                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                          Scarlet's will have copies in the Rouge edition.

                          Always

                          Jake

                          On 2 February 2013 16:07, AaronL <kheph777@...> wrote:
                          > I just went to Amazon to *finally* buy a copy - and they say it is out of print, and they don't appear to have any on hand. :( Should I contact Scarlet Imprint, or you do perhaps have a copy or two?
                          >
                          > LVX
                          > Aaron
                          >
                          > --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Jake Stratton-Kent wrote:
                          >>
                          >> it is included in True Grimoire, and resembles one of the rites in the
                          >> Supernatural Secrets of the GV.
                          >>
                          >> (perhaps I should put less info in my books?)
                          >>
                          >> Always
                          >>
                          >> Jake
                          >>
                          >> On 1 February 2013 20:54, AaronL wrote:
                          >> > Hey Jake
                          >> >
                          >> > I've been wanting to see that missing ritual myself. Do we have access to it?
                          >> >
                          >> > LVX
                          >> > Aaron

                          >> --
                          >> Jake
                          >>
                          >> http://www.underworld-apothecary.com/

                          http://www.underworld-apothecary.com/
                        • HUMBERTO MAGGI
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 5, 2013
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshua_(name)

                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_and_titles_of_Jesus_in_the_New_Testament

                            >________________________________
                            >De: AaronL <kheph777@...>
                            >Para: solomonic@yahoogroups.com
                            >Enviadas: Sábado, 2 de Fevereiro de 2013 4:35
                            >Assunto: [Solomonic] Re: Lord Pelech vs Jesus?
                            >

                            >Actually, Yeshuah is simply Jesus' name in Hebrew. ;) The concept of the Pentagrammaton didn't even come along until the Middle Ages or Renaissance.
                            >
                            >LVX
                            >Aaron
                            >
                            >--- In mailto:solomonic%40yahoogroups.com, Tommy Allen wrote:
                            >>
                            >> Jesus' mystical or magickal Name is YHSVH (YaHShUaH).

                          • Kev Da Barber
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 6, 2013
                              Actually, the name Yeshua translates to Joshua not Jesus
                              L = II

                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 7, 2013
                                Yes, but etymologically the version "Jesus" comes from Joshua (Yeshuah). The "-us" ending is, I assume, just a Rominization. They liked to stick "-us" on the ends of names for some reason. lol

                                --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Kev Da Barber wrote:

                                > Actually, the name Yeshua translates to Joshua not Jesus
                                > L = II
                                >
                                > HUMBERTO MAGGI wrote:
                                >
                                > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshua_(name)
                                > >
                                > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_and_titles_of_Jesus_in_the_New_Testament
                                > >

                                > >>________________________________
                                > >>De: AaronL
                                > >>Para: solomonic@yahoogroups.com
                                > >>Enviadas: Sábado, 2 de Fevereiro de 2013 4:35
                                > >>Assunto: [Solomonic] Re: Lord Pelech vs Jesus?
                                > >>

                                > >>Actually, Yeshuah is simply Jesus' name in Hebrew. ;) The concept of the Pentagrammaton didn't even come along until the Middle Ages or Renaissance.
                                > >>
                                > >>LVX
                                > >>Aaron

                              • Mike Rock
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 20, 2013
                                  or Nous, Pneuma and Psyche (not necessarily in that order).

                                  - Mike

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 22, 2013
                                    cheers Mike, Plato precedes qabalah by quite a whack.

                                    Either way these terms don't say much about wider - and older -
                                    eschatological ideas. Such ideas underpin all work with spirits and
                                    notions of a spirit world, as well as shamanic journeys and so forth.

                                    Ultimately eschatology is the root of magic. It is far older than
                                    theology (serving state religion) or philosophy (explaining what folks
                                    already do, their myths and practices).

                                    Perhaps the most important definition of magic is 'practical
                                    eschatology', not the most fashionable or best understood, but
                                    certainly more central than ideas about the Will &c

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 22, 2013
                                      I've been reading another book this time by Maters about Sekhmet.  There are five parts of the soul listed herein, but he doesn't list the Ba and it's an Egyptian system.  This material is so damned confusing.

                                      cheers Mike, Plato precedes qabalah by quite a whack.

                                      Either way these terms don't say much about wider - and older -
                                      eschatological ideas. Such ideas underpin all work with spirits and
                                      notions of a spirit world, as well as shamanic journeys and so forth.

                                      Ultimately eschatology is the root of magic. It is far older than
                                      theology (serving state religion) or philosophy (explaining what folks
                                      already do, their myths and practices).

                                      Perhaps the most important definition of magic is 'practical
                                      eschatology', not the most fashionable or best understood, but
                                      certainly more central than ideas about the Will &c

                                      http://www.underworldapothecary.com/

                                      On 21 February 2013 05:22, Mike Rock mikerockatx@...> wrote:
                                      > or Nous, Pneuma and Psyche (not necessarily in that order).
                                      >
                                      > - Mike
                                      >

                                      > On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM, AaronL kheph777@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> **
                                      >>

                                      >> Greetings!
                                      >>
                                      >> In the West, we refer to these things via their Qabalistic names:
                                      >> Neshamah, Ruach and Nephesh.
                                      >>
                                      >> And the universal life-force, which can be invoked and directed by
                                      >> magicians, is called LVX (Light).
                                      >>
                                      >> LVX
                                      >> Aaron
                                      >>
                                      >> --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, joe smuckers wrote:
                                      >> >
                                      >> > I've been reading a book by a Jungian author about the parts of the
                                      >> soul eg. the Ba, Ka, and Akh from Egypt and the Hun, P'o, and Shen
                                      >> respectively from China. These seem to correpsond to the
                                      >> Jungian archetypes of Ego, Shadow, and Self. Does anybody know much
                                      >> about the idea of chi, or prana in western traditons? What did the
                                      >> alchemists call this mysterious force? I think we in the modern
                                      >> world would simply call it attention. Anybody care to comment?Â

                                    • Bryan Garner
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 27, 2013
                                        Hello everyone,

                                        I'm out promoting my new and very first book publication called

                                        Gateways Through Stone and Circle
                                        “A Manual of Evocation for the Planetary Intelligences"

                                        Discussion and reflection from this group contributed largely (and still does) to my workings and writings. There is acknowledgement to magicians of this form, namely Aaron Leitch and Frater Rufus Opus for their huge contributions and work which led me to this practice and eventually the writing of the book.

                                        The development has been exciting and quite frankly surprising but I hope some of you may find enjoyment and use from my work.

                                        -If you would like to reserve a copy which will be available around the first of April, send me your email address and specify if you would be interested in a fine leather-bound edition (limited to 12), basic leatherbound or the standardcloth-bound. -

                                        More info on the book bellow or go to

                                        http://www.nephilimpress.com/forthcoming/

                                        "Gateways Through Stone and Circle” is a compendium of personal experiences and research from a traditional ceremonial magician working through a classical book of magic. This volume is a complete and in-depth study in the “Art of Drawing Spirits into Crystals” as found in Francis Barrett’s, The Magus, and accredited to Trithemius of Spanheim. Detailed research, personal experimentation, and evoking each of the seven planetary archangels and intelligences to visible and auditory presence are presented within. You will find descriptions of the seven planetary archangels as witnessed by the author, instructions for building each of the traditional implements and furniture to the specifications of the grimoire, as well as detailed illustrations of the author’s actual equipment. Items such as the infamous Book of Spirits or Liber Spirituum are explained in detail so the reader will know how to make and use one. Chapters also describe methods for improving scrying abilities, working with a partner, and conducting the entire ceremony from beginning to end. Everything to make this art work is explained in incredibly vivid detail.

                                        The purpose for this book is to present a workable manual wherein the aspiring magus can replicate a valuable system of magic to achieve successful and reliable discourse with some of the most powerful beings in the cosmos. "No other book has unveiled how to perform this experiment successfully within the traditional manner." This work is not a theoretical analysis of a historic manuscript from an academic scholar, nor is it based on presumption and guess work. It is a modern day grimoire from a traditional grimorist. It is drawn from one who has been studying and practicing Western occult magic for nearly two decades and has recreated the procedures that achieve results. The methods contained within are constructed as closely to the original text as possible and filled with suggestions and points to assist the beginning magician as well as the advanced practitioner.

                                        Book by Frater Ashen F.:N.:F.:

                                        From what I’ve been told by my publisher there will be two or three different editions available:

                                        -A Select number of twelve copies will be made bound in fine calf leather with silver gilt accent leaf and other features which will be the collectors grimoire.These rare tomes will be selling for $350-$500.

                                        -The next will have leather binding and accents that will be around $150.00

                                        - The fine cloth bound, hardcover standard editions will be under or around $60.00.

                                        The prices are based on estimates I was given and of course will ultimately be determined by the final format and materials used, etc. For those who are interested in the fine or any other editions, an email can be sent to me to be passed to my publisher to have a reserved copy.

                                        -Bryan