Re: Magical Ring

  • gal.sofer1
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
      Hi Roy,

      1. "put under clear air" means put it in hidden place that has no ceiling above.
      2. The "garment" is some kind of Silk. the Mafteach use the word "Beged" that in Hebrew means silk.

      Thank you for your quastions. In my translations I always prefer to translate phrase as is, in order to give to the reader the feeling of Hebrew. This is in contrast with Gollancz's translations that focus on the content (and therefore lose some very important things).

      For example, I believe that if Gollancz were translating the phrase "Put under clear air", he would write "put outside".

      -Gal