Re: [Solomonic] Time

  • John Barlow
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 31, 2012
      Well after I finish up some work from Sefer Yetzirah I will be working on a statue of Istar. So of the Mesopotamia area of course over time several civilizations raised and fell passing on some of the gods/goddesses from one group to the next. You know they say that image that Islam blew off the side of that mountain was Istar but I am not sure it wasn't her sister of the underworld simply because of the clawed feet. I would really like to see proof one way or another on that. But any charts of times and spirits of the various civilizations from the Mesopotamia area would help.

      John W. Barlow III

    • ashirahickok@frontiernet.net
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 31, 2012
        Hello Jake
        The lunar month is still used as the Jewish calendar so when I do a spirit by the planetary hours I always add that the energies and implementation I ask for be done in past proper hour and brought up to the hour I am doing the ceremony. I found out that sometimes the manifestations were strong and other times weak and did research on it like everyone else here. I felt the only way I be sure at the ritual being done at the proper time was to make a statement like that during the ritual.
        Nita

        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 31, 2012
          On 1/31/2012 6:39 AM, Jake Stratton-Kent wrote:
          > 7, but it is also 28 x 6. So 'Mansion' rulers attributed to the hours
          > may be one of the details lost in the various book and concept losses
          > over the centuries. There are what may be vestiges of this left in
          > 'demons of the days' ala Honorius. That is, a list of 28 Verum demons
          > rolled over through the hours of the week then selecting the first of
          > each day gives a list of names very similar to those 'Honorius' gives.
          >
          > Food for thought when your batteries run out... :D
          >
          > ALWays
          >
          > Jake
          Well, I'll definitely jump in on this one, because it's one of my
          favorite topics. There are some neolithic and bronze age timekeeping
          systems around the world, and, even through the medieval era, they honor
          Kronos (Saturn) as father of time. Saturn who was once called "the seven
          rayed star", has a Synodic year of 378 days, because it takes an extra
          13 days for the Sun to catch up with it and make an opposition Which
          marks the retrograde). In ancient times, many cultures had a practical
          Saturnian year of 364 days of thirteen 28 day months, with one practical
          solar day left over (Celtic myths of servitude to a god or sorcerer or
          someone else for "a year and a day"; Osiris' 13 pieces and the phallus),
          each of the 13 months being divided up into 4 weeks of 7 days. Jupiter
          moves faster than Saturn - it's synodic year is 399 days (57 seven day
          weeks). Therefore, a calendar based on 7 day weeks could count the
          orbits of Saturn and Jupiter with the same 364/378 ratio. The Moon's
          movement, with it's 29.53 day lunations, has a whole number ratio with
          the astronomical orbits of Saturn and Jupiter, 15:16 and 8:9
          respectively, which is the same musical ratio that forms what we call
          the half tone and the whole tone. Music of the spheres. Both the
          perforated disk in the museum of Heraklion in Crete, which I've been
          calling the "Calendar of Kronos" and Stonehenge, count time by way of
          these planetary ratios, with amazing precision I might add - these
          ancient tools also calculated eclipses and other phenomena, thanks to
          those who knew the ratios. This is so fascinating because of the
          mythology involved; it reflects the myths of the entire western world.
          Set cutting Osiris into pieces (Robert Graves thought the Egyptians once
          had a year 364 days long with a festival day for Sirius (Isis)), the
          overthrow of Saturn by Jupiter in the later Greek myths (Jupiter's
          synodic cycles match those of the Moon more closely than Saturn's do,
          and also bring Mars into the ratio picture), Celtic and Minoan mythology
          and also the Babylonians, from which the Israelites derived much of
          their lore (don't forget, the Jewish Sabbath is on Saturday - Saturn's
          day), which brings myth and astrology into perfect harmony.

          There is so much more to the subject that should be covered, but I want
          to get back to the mansions. The Moon moves about 13 degrees a day on
          average, while Saturn moves about 13 degrees a year. We count the
          mansions as being 13 places of the Moon, giving 28 of them in a zodiacal
          circle. Having studied Hindu Astrology, in which they use 27 nakshatras
          of 13 & 1/3 degrees, I wondered why the lunar mansions would have been
          built on such an odd fraction, because so much was done on the basis of
          whole numbers and simple ratios. Well, if you divide 360 (degrees) by 28
          you end up with 12 and 6/7. If we count them up as one degree of the
          zodiac per day, the 12 lunar months of 29.5 days equals 354 days, plus
          the additional 6/7 * 28 days = (24 + 354) 378 days of Saturn's Synodic
          year, reconciling the 28 Saturn stations of its larger cycle (28
          stations in 29 solar years) with the cycles of the Sun and Moon. Which
          means that these numbers were not just derived from adherence to a
          mystical doctrine, that this dividing up of time was based on a
          combination of observation and the ancient myths of cutting something up
          (Tiamat, Osiris, the grim reaper, dividing the earth from the waters,
          whatever) as a part of the creative process.

          As far as the hours go, we can see the same thing - the 24 hours could
          be read as 6/7 of 28 - If you count the spirit of the day, the 6th
          spirit in Chaldean (associating the Verum spirit with a planet/day)
          order (counting the day spirit as the first) should be the 3rd, 10th,
          17th and 24th spirit of a 24 hour day. You can test the scheme by
          looking at the heptagram of the planets and an hour guide - it works
          perfectly. I'm not familiar with Honorious yet, but I do believe that by
          following the Lunar Mansion scheme of Verum Spirits for counting out the
          year, it would not be too hard to figure out the hour because of this
          amazing synchrony of harmonic relationships.

          Roy

        • Gilberto
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 31, 2012
            I have used this. Is the site of the Iluna software too.

            http://www.lunarium.co.uk/planets/hours.jsp

            Gilberto Strapazon (Prabuddha)
            Porto Alegre

            http://gilbertostrapazon.blogspot.com - Zenta - A Informática Esotérica, Tudo é T.I.
            http://jd800center.blogspot.com
            http://www.twitter.com/gilbertostrapa
            http://www.myspace.com/gilbertostrapazon
          • Zeta
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 31, 2012
              On Jan 30, 2012 7:49 PM, "soror_ama2011" <silverwolfofthedark@...>
              wrote:

              > Is anyone aware of an app that does the same for Android?

              Soror,

              The same apps are available for Android, actually. I use them myself, and
              was intending to recommend them before the iPhone mention. :-)

              -Zeta
              -Sent from Android-