Re: [Solomonic] Re: Solomonic evocation

  • R~
    Message 1 of 208 , Nov 30, 2011
      No, but I know of it and intend to. It's on my wishlist - LOL. Authors
      and playwrights used to build their characters on the basis of
      temperament - even as far as Walter Scott and Jane Austen you'll find a
      lot of this, and it's usually more fun to read than a lot of the stuff
      out there directly related to the subject. The analysis of one's
      temperament (in this sense the balance and behavior of the humors) by
      way of the natal horoscope used to be the key to natal astrology, but
      that, along with a lot of other good stuff, got lost. Some of the old
      Hermetic/Hellenistic literature is hard too, because the ones that
      actually became books were like the college textbooks of the day, and
      you don't teach arithmetic in a calculus text, if you get my drift. So
      much of what's missing from our books on our favorite subjects wasn't
      "hidden from the unworthy", it was just stuff that the author assumed
      anyone who was reading his subject already knew.

      Roy

      On 11/30/2011 6:49 PM, kathy wrote:
      > I have a book which I think touches more on the humors in my book shelf which I have been dying to get to called 'The Anatomy of Meloncholy' by Robert Burton. Unfortunately with all my Uni reading, my occult studies have had to be put on hold.
      > Have you read it?
      >
      > Love Kathy

    • Serpentis Satori
      Message 208 of 208 , Dec 23, 2011
        The speech about slaves & "black people magick" ultimately comes from the New Orleans Voodoo Museum, but Hoodoo isn't the first place those magicks come from; they are as old as Western Magick and there is a whole genre of books about the Curse Tablets, and such in Greece (also shown in the Rome TV show before Ceaser is killed in Season 1).

        And that is also where Hiera Magicka makes a point, by giving to spells; and asking the reader to quess which is Love Spell and Which is a Curse.

        http://www.orderofmichaelsgrail.com/