Re: Lionskin belts

  • David S.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2011
      Have you had much luck selling those, Athena? I'm still in awe of people who have the means and will to spend that much on a single item.
    • Bryan Garner
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011
        David,

        Years ago I searched through auctions to find an 'affordable' but suitable lion skin girdle. In Grimoric practice, one has to decide early on if their practice will be in integrity and by the dictates of the grimoire, if in fact that is what they are doing. If doing magic 'based' from the grimoire with substitutions and/or omissions, the magician must be accepting of the corresponding 'results' and not Really knowing what awaits the magician who conducts the procedures according to the given formulae. In the obtaining of rare and often expensive items, I've found the persist and uncompromising Mage will find such items will become available without huge penalty. The lion skin I bought eventually made me more money than I paid for it by
        Selling the pieces I didn't use back at auction.

        My lion skin belt is 9th long, (same circumference ​as the circle) from a male, black maine, Ethiopian lion. I purchased the lion skin rug at auction, and from tail to head it was right about 9 feet, which I thought was interestin​g.
        9ftx3in comprised of 3 strips sewn together. Later, dark red vestment trim was added for support with gold bullion fringe ends which are not shown in this picture.

        Before even purchasing​ the lion skin, I did research on historic vestment 'belts' ranging from Catholic to early rabbinical​ vestments.​ The early Rabi wore many yards of sash around his waist and would indeed have been more of a 'girdle'.

        The 9 spheres of the heavens fit nicely on the 3x9 of 3 strips. I leather burned the letters in ancient Hebrew on the outside first and then used blessed red India ink to highlight them. I worked a few hours strait for a couple weeks making this. In that time I memorized modern and ancient Hebrew letters and could recognize many words and sound out others even if I didn't understand​ the meaning. I developed a new appreciati​on for Hebrew lore and language.

        On the outside as well, I painted the kamaes for each of the celestial bodies plus the Premium Mobile and Sphere of the Fixed Stars.

        On the 'inside' I rewrote the 9 celestial bodies in modern Hebrew and then in English because it seemed appropriat​e,
        ( x3: Ancient+Mo​dern+Mothe​r tongue) and I had room. Along with this I added the sigils and symbols associated​ with each sphere.

        I liked the way it turned out and the feeling of having the angelic celestial intelligen​ces envelop the equator of my being. It became my 'magick belt' and girdle of the 'Octinomos
        exorcist'.

        -Bryan
        On Jul 31, 2011, at 8:52 PM, "David S." <fireborn7@...> wrote:

        > Have you had much luck selling those, Athena? I'm still in awe of people who have the means and will to spend that much on a single item.

      • Athena
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2011
          I know this is a late reply, I have been pretty busy (it being summer) lately. Much luck? Well I sell about 6-10 belts per year. At least you only ever need one ;).

          Athena
          --
          www.enochian.org

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2011
            That is an awesome amount of work you put into your belt :). I have found the lionskin belts are definitely a strong and interesting magical item. Good magic on getting your money back on the investment. I hadn't thought of auction for the other belts.

            Athena
            --
            www.eochian.org