Re: [Solomonic] Re: Intro to Hebrew Alphabet / Magical Scripts

  • james ridge
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      I would say in this instance that it does not matter one bit what any single person thought (except you) to the formula that you use, that is the beautiful thing about making sigiles, if you can impower it whith your faith and personal energy then it works.
      most of use that use spacific words "ADNI" "IHVH" "AGLA" "FIAT" do so because in the past and presant, people have invested them with energy and power, and because past magicians (or what ever) have provided them with this power we can use them as well to affect.
      over time things aquire an energy of their own and we can tap into this and use it for our own ends, solomonic sigils, goetic sigils, letters, psalms. what ever it may be.
      "As I speak, so I create."
      in L.V.X.
      James.

      Sits by a Computer <yotxeskcufdnim@...> wrote:
      This is just something I'd like to talk about.

      One of my hobbies is the collection of scripts; but
      I've noticed only a few scripts are in common-use with
      modern languages. (by common-use, I mean they are not
      used for a single language, like the Georgian script.)

      From collecting them, and seeing what I've done with
      Hebrew; I wonder if the symbols of the script are more
      important for my purposes than the language itself?

      Anyway, most common script seems to be the Latin
      script. (which Enochian seems a version of) There is
      the Arabic script with it's wind-swept sand dunes, the
      Cyrillic script with it's Russian thorn-bush
      appearance, that Japanese/Chinese script that I don't
      know much about, and the Hindi script. Not a complete
      list, but these seem to be the most common.

      With Hebrew, I would take the individual letters, and
      find (by discovery or invention) the hidden meanings.
      Each letter got to have a certain essence, and you can
      make formula by certain combinations.

      For example: "AVVI" = Aleph Vav Vav Yod = Aleph
      representing the Beginnings and the 1, Yod
      representing the Completions and the 10 on Tree; and
      Vav+Vav=12 representing the variety of experience in a
      lifetime. Together, they make 23, which makes 5, which
      relates symbolically to liveliness. So this chimera
      means "a Life" to me.

      I have seen people do similar things with Runes. I
      suspect the same can be done with almost any script.

      "But what does avvi mean in Hebrew?" My complaint is
      that the chimeric formula my hands need to make will
      always be servile to the "correct Hebrew" of Rabbis
      and citizens of Israel, who speak this language in
      their daily lives with a fluency. The problem is not
      with the Israelis, it is with me choosing their
      language to use with my peculiar hobbies.

      If some Nepalese person who spoke only an indigneous
      language came and took English words to have mystical
      meanings, how would I view it? If the phrase: "I like
      to drink tea in the morning." was too difficult for
      the person, yet he/she took a word like "teabag" and
      gave it symbolic meanings, how would I react? If they
      made a formula where the word "HOE" came to reprsent
      something evil, but they did not know it referred to
      an ordinary farm tool AND was a vulgar term for a
      prostitute? If they made the word out of nowhere to
      add up to the number "18", and it just came out
      sounding "HOE"?

      If this person then started chanting "hoe...hoe...hoe"
      and an American happened to overhear and burst into
      laughter...? (Not saying Americans are the only ones
      to use the Latin script that "HOE" would be written
      in.)

      ~x :)
      ask not how much the script can do for you
      ask what scripts you can twist with no interference

      =====
      a patterner of digital art music
      http://varia.xepher.net

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" will be available in March 2005:
      http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html

      Do you Yahoo!?