Re: Intro to Hebrew Alphabet

  • Terri Burns
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      Aaron, that's fantastic!

      (On my way to register now . . . )

      LVX,

      Terri

      --- In solomonic@yahoogroups.com, Aaron@L... wrote:
      > Greetings, Folks!
      >
      > Those Hermetic classes I plugged here a short
      > while ago- written by myself and Nick Farrell for
      > WitchSchool.com- are finally becoming
      > available! :):):)
      >
      > Right now you can register for the "Introduction
      > to the Hebrew Alphabet" class. Just go to
      > www.witchschool.com, and click on "Class
      > Registration" (in the left-hand menu column).
      > Select "Magick" and then "Alphabets."
      >
      > Soon, the "Intro to the Tree of Life" and
      > "Meditation Basics" will be ready to go. Plus
      > Nick's "Ritual Magic 101". Then there is plenty
      > more coming at some point after that! - all
      > under the "Magick" registration selection. :):):)
      >
      > LVX
      > Aaron
    • Sits by a Computer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
        > > Right now you can register for the "Introduction
        > > to the Hebrew Alphabet" class. Just go to
        > > www.witchschool.com, and click on "Class
        > > Registration" (in the left-hand menu column).
        > > Select "Magick" and then "Alphabets."

        It's too bad the primary magical language is connected
        to an active and politically offensive state.

        I think it would be nice if Enochian had as much
        development as Hebrew; and completely replaced Hebrew
        as a magical tongue, both in ritual and gematric use.
        Then, at least, one never needs to be concerned that
        some Rabbi finds fault in your non-use of vowel
        points, and non-mages never ask you to tell a story in
        Hebrew when you let it slip that you know Hebrew but
        don't explain that the only words you know are
        religious or chimaric inventions made for occult
        purposes. ...

        ~x

        =====
        a patterner of digital art music
        http://varia.xepher.net

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Sits by a Computer
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
          This is just something I'd like to talk about.

          One of my hobbies is the collection of scripts; but
          I've noticed only a few scripts are in common-use with
          modern languages. (by common-use, I mean they are not
          used for a single language, like the Georgian script.)

          From collecting them, and seeing what I've done with
          Hebrew; I wonder if the symbols of the script are more
          important for my purposes than the language itself?

          Anyway, most common script seems to be the Latin
          script. (which Enochian seems a version of) There is
          the Arabic script with it's wind-swept sand dunes, the
          Cyrillic script with it's Russian thorn-bush
          appearance, that Japanese/Chinese script that I don't
          know much about, and the Hindi script. Not a complete
          list, but these seem to be the most common.

          With Hebrew, I would take the individual letters, and
          find (by discovery or invention) the hidden meanings.
          Each letter got to have a certain essence, and you can
          make formula by certain combinations.

          For example: "AVVI" = Aleph Vav Vav Yod = Aleph
          representing the Beginnings and the 1, Yod
          representing the Completions and the 10 on Tree; and
          Vav+Vav=12 representing the variety of experience in a
          lifetime. Together, they make 23, which makes 5, which
          relates symbolically to liveliness. So this chimera
          means "a Life" to me.

          I have seen people do similar things with Runes. I
          suspect the same can be done with almost any script.

          "But what does avvi mean in Hebrew?" My complaint is
          that the chimeric formula my hands need to make will
          always be servile to the "correct Hebrew" of Rabbis
          and citizens of Israel, who speak this language in
          their daily lives with a fluency. The problem is not
          with the Israelis, it is with me choosing their
          language to use with my peculiar hobbies.

          If some Nepalese person who spoke only an indigneous
          language came and took English words to have mystical
          meanings, how would I view it? If the phrase: "I like
          to drink tea in the morning." was too difficult for
          the person, yet he/she took a word like "teabag" and
          gave it symbolic meanings, how would I react? If they
          made a formula where the word "HOE" came to reprsent
          something evil, but they did not know it referred to
          an ordinary farm tool AND was a vulgar term for a
          prostitute? If they made the word out of nowhere to
          add up to the number "18", and it just came out
          sounding "HOE"?

          If this person then started chanting "hoe...hoe...hoe"
          and an American happened to overhear and burst into
          laughter...? (Not saying Americans are the only ones
          to use the Latin script that "HOE" would be written
          in.)

          ~x :)
          ask not how much the script can do for you
          ask what scripts you can twist with no interference

          =====
          a patterner of digital art music
          http://varia.xepher.net

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • james ridge
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
            I would say in this instance that it does not matter one bit what any single person thought (except you) to the formula that you use, that is the beautiful thing about making sigiles, if you can impower it whith your faith and personal energy then it works.
            most of use that use spacific words "ADNI" "IHVH" "AGLA" "FIAT" do so because in the past and presant, people have invested them with energy and power, and because past magicians (or what ever) have provided them with this power we can use them as well to affect.
            over time things aquire an energy of their own and we can tap into this and use it for our own ends, solomonic sigils, goetic sigils, letters, psalms. what ever it may be.
            "As I speak, so I create."
            in L.V.X.
            James.

            Sits by a Computer <yotxeskcufdnim@...> wrote:
            This is just something I'd like to talk about.

            One of my hobbies is the collection of scripts; but
            I've noticed only a few scripts are in common-use with
            modern languages. (by common-use, I mean they are not
            used for a single language, like the Georgian script.)

            From collecting them, and seeing what I've done with
[...]

            "Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires" will be available in March 2005:
            http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexsecrets.html

            Do you Yahoo!?