Re: AMC300 wiring

  • gjc02000
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 17, 2004
      Aaron:

      The 10 pin connector to the motor carries tachometer information and
      themperature information. The AMC320 has the same signals ending in
      the DBM-9 connector instead of the 10 pin ribbon connector. I do
      not have the schematic of the tachometer PCA or cable, but would be
      interested in one if someone has it.

      I believe the cables now in use in your Solectria Force have worked
      for 10+ years. I would not rush out to rewire anything. I would
      replace bad connectors and clean everything else. If you can get
      another 10+ years, that should be pretty good.

      Watch out when using silicones or other sealants with electrical
      circuitry. Some sealing compounds outgas a corrosive gas when
      curing (smells like vinegar). Check with your local electronics
      store for RTV (don't ask me what it stands for) sealants which are
      compatible with electronics circuits.

      I am currently attempting to convert my 1992 Solectric Force to an
      AMC320. I work on it when I can steal the time. Right now all is
      connected, but nothing works. I may end up reverse engineering that
      tachometer PCA and developing a schematic and pin-out for the
      connector. Given my current schedule, I don't expect it to happen
      soon. When it does get done, I would like to make a simple test box
      to plug into the 9 pin or 10 pin connector that tests out the
      tachometer.

      Sincerely,
      Gary Carlson