Re: [force_ev] Converting Force EV to Brusa AMC320

  • d. Bouton Baldridge
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30 7:12 AM
      gjc02000 <gjc0@...> wrote:Greetings all:

      I am a new member and am in the process of upgrading my 1992
      Solectria Force to a Brusa AMC 320 controller. It originally
      had an AMC300.

      The main issue seems to be converting the conectors that
      go to the controllers.

      The original controller had a 26 pin 3M type ribbon cable
      connector and the AMC320 has a DBM-25 style.

      The Speed sensor also changed from a 10 pin 3M style ribbon
      to a DBM-9 style.

      I am also in the process of building a communication cable
      with RS-422 to RS-232 conversion. The DBM-15 plugs into
      the controller while the DBM-9 plugs into the laptop.

      Everything is looking good except that the parts for the RS-422 to
      RS-232 conversion have not yet arrived. Other than that, I
      am about ready to plug everything in.

      Here are my questions:

      1) Has anyone else done this conversion before?

      2) I am following the schematics in the Brusa manuals.
      Is there anything else I should know about?

      3) Is there any special programming in the controller
      that MUST be down before I attempt to drive it?
      (I might get tired waiting for those parts.)

      4) I have been taking pictures and notes of my progress.
      Is anyone interested in them? (Assuming the car runs)

      Thank you,
      Gary Carlson

      Gary

      That's a real interesting project. Did you decide to upgrade because of potential improvements, or were you forced by equipment failure? I also have a 1992, the original charger went, so I fear that some of the other componants have a limited life that I must be prepared for. Good luck and keep us informed of the progress.

      Bouty Baldridge

      cfrw@...