RE: [force_ev] charging costs

  • Will Beckett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
      Noel's calculation is a good, easy way to do this.

      Don't charge on 110 vac for too long. It is very hard on the charger. The
      110vac option is not intended to be the primary charge mode. There is
      evidence that it causes stress on the charger. Get the 220 vac in as soon
      as possible.

      -Will

      Will Beckett
      Beckett PC Solutions
      4189 Baker Ave.
      Palo Alto, CA 94306-3908

      (650) 269-7011 cell
      (650) 494-6922 phone/fax
      mailto:will@...
      http://beckettpcsolutions.com <http://beckettpcsolutions.com/>

      "Let me make it easy for you!"

      a Business Network Int'l member http://www.paloaltobni.com
      <http://www.paloaltobni.com/>

      a member of the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce http://www.paloaltochamber.com
      <http://www.paloaltochamber.com/>

      Support the arts, subscribe to West Bay Opera http://www.wbopera.org
      <http://www.wbopera.org/>

      _____

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
        I will echo Will's advice. Don't charge on the 110
        for too much longer. I killed my first charger by
        using too much 110. I had to replace it with a new
        one from Solectria that cost $2-3K. Not good. Put
        down the money and have a 220 outlet installed ASAP.

        Peter
        '99 Blue Force
        Palo Alto, CA

        --- Will Beckett <will@...> wrote:

[...]

        * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
        to:

        * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
        Yahoo! Terms of Service
        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.