RE: [force_ev] charging costs

  • Adams, Noel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
      Here is a rough and ready way to calculate this. Make the assumption that
      you get 3 miles per KWH (that will be pretty close to your actual). Now
      your cost will be Mile/3 * cost per KWH.

      Let's say you drive an average of 500 miles per month from the charges you
      do at home, and that you HOA is paying $.10 per KWH then you would owe them

      500/3 * 0.1 = $16.67

      I think that doing a calculation like that, then perhaps rounding up to $20
      would make the HOA happy.

      _____

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
        Noel's calculation is a good, easy way to do this.

        Don't charge on 110 vac for too long. It is very hard on the charger. The
        110vac option is not intended to be the primary charge mode. There is
        evidence that it causes stress on the charger. Get the 220 vac in as soon
        as possible.

        -Will

        Will Beckett
        Beckett PC Solutions
        4189 Baker Ave.
        Palo Alto, CA 94306-3908

        (650) 269-7011 cell
        (650) 494-6922 phone/fax
        mailto:will@...
        http://beckettpcsolutions.com <http://beckettpcsolutions.com/>

        "Let me make it easy for you!"

        a Business Network Int'l member http://www.paloaltobni.com
        <http://www.paloaltobni.com/>

        a member of the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce http://www.paloaltochamber.com
        <http://www.paloaltochamber.com/>

        Support the arts, subscribe to West Bay Opera http://www.wbopera.org
        <http://www.wbopera.org/>

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
          I will echo Will's advice. Don't charge on the 110
          for too much longer. I killed my first charger by
          using too much 110. I had to replace it with a new
          one from Solectria that cost $2-3K. Not good. Put
          down the money and have a 220 outlet installed ASAP.

          Peter
          '99 Blue Force
          Palo Alto, CA

          --- Will Beckett <will@...> wrote:

[...]

          * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
          to:

          * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
          Yahoo! Terms of Service
          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

          Terms of Service.