She's dead Jim!

  • Will Beckett
    Message 1 of 34 , May 2, 2004
      I just received a call from a Force owner that is not on this list who's car
      just died. She was driving it along and is shuttered and then made a
      grinding metal noise and came to a stop. She can turn the power on and
      everything seems to work but when she gives it power, she hears the metal
      crunching sound.

      It sounds like a reduction gear problem to me. It is too bad because she
      has only had the car a few months and one of the selling points was how
      reliable it is. Anyone have any suggestions for next steps?

      -Will

      Will Beckett
      Beckett PC Solutions
      4189 Baker Ave.
      Palo Alto, CA 94306-3908

      (650) 269-7011 cell
      (650) 494-6922 phone/fax
      mailto:will@...
      http://beckettpcsolutions.com <http://beckettpcsolutions.com/>

      "Let me make it easy for you!"

      a Business Network Int'l member http://www.paloaltobni.com
      <http://www.paloaltobni.com/>

      a member of the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce http://www.paloaltochamber.com
      <http://www.paloaltochamber.com/>

      Support the arts, subscribe to West Bay Opera http://www.wbopera.org
      <http://www.wbopera.org/>

    • Will Beckett
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 12, 2004
        It is not my car. A friend of mine, Paul Schafer, just purchased the car
        from ZAP and was able to recover the batteries. He found only one bad
        (shorted) cell in the pack. He also found a person in Arizona that is
        supplying used NiMH batteries but I don't have those details.

        -Will

        Will Beckett
        Beckett PC Solutions
        4189 Baker Ave.