Re: LiIon Batteries

  • Stephen Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2004
      Has anybody tried installing LiIon Batteries in a Force yet? I'm interested in trying to install some, so if nobody has tried can someone answer these questions for me? If someone has done it, I would like to hear about it.

      Does anyone know the maximum current draw a 1999 Force would have during acceleration? How about cruising at 45 and 55 mph.

      What is the working voltage range for the AMC 325 motor controller in the Force?

      With the Thundersky batteries, height appears to be the major issue for installing batteries in the front box since the 200AH LiIon battery is about 12 inches tall. I can go measure the interior height in the front box with about 30 minutes of work, but does anyone know it off hand? I seem to remember that there wasn't much room left with the 8 inch tall gell batteries.

      Stephen Taylor

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • umarc
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11 9:10 AM
        Folks:

        When I got into my 1992 Force this morning, the belt between the motor and
        the transmission broke and the motor now spins helplessly when I put my
        foot on the accelerator.

        Assuming I can find a new belt tomorrow, what is involved in installing
        the new one?

        Rob Landry
        umarc@...