RE: 99 Force for repair

  • seankmc83
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2013

      I forgot to mention that I have a AAA premier membership and can get them to tow it up to 200 miles for free which will get it most places between Sacramento and the northern part of Los Angeles, if that helps sway anyone.

      ---In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      So I have not had time to fix my 99 Force Dark Blue with Gray interior, I had parked it in my garage and plugged it in to try to prevent the pack from completely dying on me, but today I opened my garage door and the Zivan NG3 was beeping away and flashing red which according to the manual means "battery disconnected or out of conformity",

      I think I'm ready to cut my losses, and I figured I'd offer it up here first because I'm hoping someone with more time and expertise will take the time to put her back on the road.

      This Force has slightly less than 21 thousand miles, the body, paint, and interior are in beautiful shape. Aside from needing a new battery pack the motor needs to be sleeved (the drive end bearing slips in and out which allows the rotor to shift) pictures have been on here for a while, from what I understand this is not an uncommon repair for motors, I just have not had time to pull the drivetrain and take it to a shop to have it done. Also needs motor speed sensor work, I believe that the original sensor board still works, but with the rotor shifting there's no way to test it for sure. I'll also include the 3d printed shaft adapter and custom cable for my alternative speed sensor setup that I previously posted on if you want to tinker with that.

      If you have a force that is beat to hell this could be the perfect solution, you could just transplant your motor and have a sweet ride in great shape.
      The AMC-325 controller works fine, as well as the DC-DC, and AH Counter.
      I'm also including a couple of power adapters, I have one that would allow you to plug into the old AVCON chargers the Ranger EV used, I also have the Nema to J1772 adapter so you can use newer charging stations

      If interested I'll even throw in my old 486 laptop that I used to connect to the controller.

      Clean CA Title, Tags are current until January, as for price I'm thinking around $4,000, but am willing to negotiate, especially if you have cash in hand, Also willing to hear out potential trades, let me know what you have.

      Trade wish list: fuel efficient gas vehicle (prefer a manual 1995-2003 Saturn sedan, or Subaru Impreza/Outback/Forester)  , ammo(9mm,.22lr, 7.62x54r, 12 ga), reloading gear, guns (transfer must go through FFL which means must be CA legal), Hey I can dream right?

      The car and I are located in Fresno, California 93726, transportation/logistics would be up to the buyer to arrange.

      As a last resort I may consider parting the car out, but would rather sell it whole.

    • seankmc83