Re: [solectria_ev] Solectria to DMOC adapter progress

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2013

      Thanks.

      It does have a coast zone, but it is hard to determine where the coast zone is since there is no acceleration feedback mid shift and the motor is so silent.

      So regen is suspended when you press the button, and then you can let up completely on the throttle the motor will coast.

      Then when the shift is complete and you press the throttle past the accel point then regen turns back on (if the regen switch is on).

      This is how my dad wanted it... After driving it around for a while I am sure he will either get used to it, or will have a new idea on how he wants it set up. ;)

      On Oct 8, 2013 7:49 AM, "Collin Kidder" <collink@...> wrote:

      Nice work!

      A potential solution to the shifting problem is to create a pedal map where there is no regen when the pedal is not depressed and then regen after a slight press then a dead zone then throttle. This allows the pedal to do both regen and acceleration and also allow coasting and/or shifting by letting up on the pedal.

      On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Wolf <wolf@...> wrote:

      Installed the DMOC adapter in my dad's car over the weekend, scroll to the bottom:

      The Mini has so much acceleration now...
      Driving to work today, I could only feel how sluggish my E10 is...
      I might have to put two of these motors and controllers in it. ;D

      One interesting thing is shifting a manual without a clutch, with regen turned on.

      I added a momentary switch that disables regen, and lets the motor coast until the shift is complete.
      This seems to work well, unless you accidentally press the throttle, then the motor instantly over speeds since it has no load on it. ;)

      It has a learning curve.

      Hmmmm, If I had a speed sensor on the input shaft of the transmission, and I already have a speed sensor on the motor... then I could auto match the speed of the motor to the speed of the transmission during a shift.  "Clutchless Automatic Manual" tm :)