Re: [solectria_ev] CV axle

  • Russell Fauver
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
      thanks. the guy at the shop measured mine when he had it out, 27 1/8".  I found one the right length at Autoz0ne but I don't know if it has antilock brakes or not. Did they put antilock brakes on Solectrias?

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2013
        The solectrias came with optional ABS.  some have it some don't.  You can use an ABS axle on a non-abs car, but you cannot use a non-abs axle on an abs car.  The only difference is an encoder ring on the outer cv joint.  When you turn your ignition on there should be a light that says abs if you have abs (blue light i believe).

        Best Regards,
        Josh

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2013
          Good to know. I do not see an ABS light when the car comes on. Looking around the web there are so many choices for that year model. Think I found the right one though, at autozone. We'll see.
          Thanks,
          Russell

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 7, 2013

            Nguyen,

            I am interested in a passenger side CV axle for a 1999 force.  It does not have ABS.  Do you have one and how much will that cost?

            Regards,

            Larry

            ---In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            I have a brand new OEM CV axle for your car. If you're interested just let me know, the price is $200.00 firm.

            Sent from my iPad

            On Oct 3, 2013, at 8:17 PM, <russell_fauver@...> wrote:

            Any ideas on the part number for the drivers side CV axle on a '99 Force? Didn't find the torn boot until it started clunking. The shop said their were 3 sizes for that year model and none of 'em fit.

          • Mau Nguyen

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013

                Mau,

                Will you accept a Paypal payment?  If so, what is your Paypal ID.

                If not, email me at lrmills@....