Re: [solectria_ev] CV axle

  • Josh Anzicek
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
      I don't recall the exact part number, but I will caution that.....   I went through an ordeal with this, the autoparts store had an incorrect part for one of the listings and there was essentially no solution until I went to another store (different chain) where i was able to compare the existing part and they listed something different than the first store.

      Good luck, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.  I have a half shaft removed right now if you need me to measure something.

      Best Regards,
      Josh

      On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM, <russell_fauver@...> wrote:

      Any ideas on the part number for the drivers side CV axle on a '99 Force? Didn't find the torn boot until it started clunking. The shop said their were 3 sizes for that year model and none of 'em fit.

    • Mau Nguyen
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
        I have a brand new OEM CV axle for your car. If you're interested just let me know, the price is $200.00 firm.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Oct 3, 2013, at 8:17 PM, <russell_fauver@...> wrote:

        Any ideas on the part number for the drivers side CV axle on a '99 Force? Didn't find the torn boot until it started clunking. The shop said their were 3 sizes for that year model and none of 'em fit.

      • Russell Fauver
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
          thanks. the guy at the shop measured mine when he had it out, 27 1/8".  I found one the right length at Autoz0ne but I don't know if it has antilock brakes or not. Did they put antilock brakes on Solectrias?

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2013
            The solectrias came with optional ABS.  some have it some don't.  You can use an ABS axle on a non-abs car, but you cannot use a non-abs axle on an abs car.  The only difference is an encoder ring on the outer cv joint.  When you turn your ignition on there should be a light that says abs if you have abs (blue light i believe).

            Best Regards,
            Josh

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2013
              Good to know. I do not see an ABS light when the car comes on. Looking around the web there are so many choices for that year model. Think I found the right one though, at autozone. We'll see.
              Thanks,
              Russell

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013

                    Mau,

                    Will you accept a Paypal payment?  If so, what is your Paypal ID.

                    If not, email me at lrmills@....